PDA

View Full Version : Help with a gift? [Toy Story RC Car sold at parks?]

tHeDiSnEyKiD
12-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Hey guys, I'm trying to find out if a particular toy is at the parks somewhere. I found it at the retail Disney Store, but don't think my annual pass applies for a discount.

It's the - "Toy Story Collection: RC Car by Thinkway Toys" I plan on hitting up the park on Saturday night, but want to know if any of you have seen this RC car in one of the shops. Thanks!

disneyobsessed
12-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Just want to point out that, even with an AP discount, you don't always get the best price in the park on toys that are widely sold. For example, there are some Tron toys that my son really wanted that are $5.99 in the park ($5.39 with 10% AP discount or $4.79 with 20% AP discount), but the exact same toys are $4.95 at the Disney store in the mall and $3.99 at Target. Other Tron toys were similarly overpriced. Legos and Star Wars action figures are other examples of toys that have highly inflated prices in the parks. I know I've seen other stuff with pretty significant mark-up as well. The Lego one boggles me most. I can see being tempted to buy some of the other stuff because you're not right near another place that is selling it, but to get the Lego stuff at a cheaper price you can just walk to the end of downtown Disney to the Lego store and even get a 10% discount there if you're a Disney AP holder.

You're right that your AP won't get you a discount in a regular retail Disney store. That would be cool if it did though! You can get a 10% discount on your Disney store purchase if you spend $50 or more with your Disney Visa. This isn't helpful information though, of course, if you don't need to spend that much and/or don't have a Disney Visa.

You may want to google the toy you're looking for and see what the prices are like elsewhere just for comparison so if you do find it in a Disney store you know if you're getting a good deal and so you know if it's something easy to find that you can get anywhere or hard to find that you will want to snap up even if it is a little pricier than it should be.

Kuzcofan
12-14-2010, 04:50 PM
I remember seeing them in DCA in the toy store as you exit Midway Mania, I have also seen them in World of Disney in Downtown. They were near the door in the Toy Story 3 area. Not sure of the price though.

Wombat66
12-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Toys R Us has it for $79.99. Free shipping too.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3538518

pretty Omi
12-15-2010, 11:09 AM
You're right that your AP won't get you a discount in a regular retail Disney store. That would be cool if it did though!

Actually, since Disney owns the mall stores again, they DO offer an AP discount from time to time! It's just not a regular thing :3