PDA

View Full Version : So now Mikey's a philanthropist?

Morrigoon
04-28-2003, 12:30 PM
http://www.csun.edu/%7Ehfoao102/press_releases/spring03/eisner.html

Just think... that came out of his bonus.

tjrj
04-28-2003, 01:31 PM
As proud as I am to say that I graduated with honors in Education at CSUN and as glad I am to see my school get the good press, I gotta say it's a dubious honor. And I wonder, why the school of Ed. and not the Business school?

tod
04-28-2003, 03:14 PM
Whatever else we can say about Eisner -- and I've said my share, and will continue to, and not all good, either -- this grant will help the lives of thousands of children who will be taught by the school's graduates.

Well done, Mr. Eisner. Thank you.

Now what's all this about turning the Disneyland castle into a cake??

--T
CSUN grad, class of '81, Radio-TV-Film

KarenW2
04-28-2003, 03:39 PM
I don't think of it as being generous, as I do think of it as a tax credit or whatever. People who make tons of money, like Mikey does, NEED to donate large sums, so they don't have to pay more in taxes!!

Nice that he made a donation, just wish he would've donated it to the Disneyland Resort, for some much needed rehabs and some long-awaited E-ticket rides/attractions for BOTH parks!!

merlinjones
04-28-2003, 04:06 PM
If Disneyland gained historic status, could they make its upkeep and restoration a tax shelter? Then Eisner could actually spend the money he should on the Tiki Room to dodge Uncle Sam instead of cannibalising the assets of the company in order to increase profits to take home a huge bonus of which he must donate a portion to some charity.

cstephens
04-28-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by KarenW2
I don't think of it as being generous, as I do think of it as a tax credit or whatever. People who make tons of money, like Mikey does, NEED to donate large sums, so they don't have to pay more in taxes!!

Nice that he made a donation, just wish he would've donated it to the Disneyland Resort, for some much needed rehabs and some long-awaited E-ticket rides/attractions for BOTH parks!!

But if good comes out of it, I don't see the problem with him getting a tax credit.

As for the donation to the DLR, it's already been established that he cannot do such a thing legally.