PDA

View Full Version : What is so darn great about the Hojo?

Christiii
04-28-2003, 08:25 AM
Ive just gotta know! Everyone seems to really love the place! I stayed at the Candycane, and really liked it, tho I was happy when I could move to the Disneyland hotel..the rooms at the DL were a lot bigger, tho the candy cane was cute. I really appreciate the private shuttle of the candy cane..doesnt the Hojo have those shuttles that you have to pay for, and they go to every hotel?? Are the rooms cute? I would love more info, especially in comparison to the Candy Cane and the other hotels..I really appreciate it!!

disguy
04-28-2003, 10:27 AM
I have stayed at more hotels/motels/dives around Disneyland then I would care to admit. Then I found the Hojo. Clean,Large rooms with so much more to offer even views of the park in some rooms. The people who work there are fantastic the grounds are "park like" they have great prices.

I'm not in any way an easy person to please especially when it comes to travel and hotels. I've given Hojo a 5 out of 5 stars each time I've stayed there which has been about five times this year alone. If you would like more info just PM me. They also offer great discounts over the net. As far as Candy Cane in goes I'm not that thrilled with there prices and location. That is another hotel every one raves about, but not me.

hefferdude
04-28-2003, 11:16 AM
Candy Cane Inn is a nice place. We've enjoyed it more than once.

Hojo is a bit off the beaten path right on Harbor. 11 min walk south to DL front gate. The buildings are good noise barriers for I5 and Harbor and the grounds are very well kept. You can usually book very good rates online. I think its one of the older properties around DLR ( mid 60's?) but was renovated over the last couple of years. Personally, the good points of HJA are quiet grounds, nice staff, nicely landscaped ( I think the pine trees and ivy are great!), two pools, large clean rooms. It also makes you feel you have broken away from the park clamor ( unless you want to watch the fireworks from the front pool deck or parking lot.) :D

jrad32
04-28-2003, 11:57 AM
For me HoJo's strengths were his ability to provide a good speed power combo in the middle of the lineup. He was also a switch hitter, and one of the few bright spots for a number of years with the Mets. :D

Aunty Brat
04-28-2003, 08:04 PM
I too have stayed at a LOT of the local hotels within walking distance for the DLR main entrance. This was my first stay and HOJO and it will be our preferred hotel. The rooms are much larger than normal as are the bathrooms. We stayed in tower 2 which is in the back. It had a balcony you could actually go out on and the pool was wonderful. It is SO clean inside and out!!! Staff was very pleasant and accomidated out wishes for early room make up, extra towels and pillows. It was pretty to walk around and once you understand the layout, there really is a 'bad' parking spot. I was concerned about the freeway, but the rooms are VERY quiet. The only time I every heard anyone above us was if we happened to be in the bathroom at the same time and they flushed. There are some places that might cost s little less money, but they are not nearly as nice as HOJO's!!! Even the kids liked it the best.

No it does not have a free shuttle, but it is a quick and easy trip back and forth from either the MAF structure or the DTD parking area. Generally under 5 minutes. The fire works show from the parking lot is very good!!!

disguy
04-28-2003, 08:22 PM
The hojo use to have free shuttle from ART do they not offer it free anymore?

Darkbeer
04-28-2003, 08:55 PM
ART is no longer free, you pay $2 for one day, or discounts for multiple day use. It was offered free in 2002 during the change over period.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13799&highlight=Resort+detailed+johnson

merlinjones
04-28-2003, 09:14 PM
The Hojo is best because you can get a Hojob there.

Just call Human Resourses for listings.

stinkerbell
04-28-2003, 10:14 PM
I have stayed at many of the properties surrounding DLR now.....and I have to say that the only getting repeat business from me will be HoJo.

I like the Park Place Inn and all, but I feel it is overpriced a bit. It's nice, but once you stay at HoJo, you'll realize, you get all the same service and a great room, but the HoJo is quieter, has beautiful, well-manicured grounds, great pools, awesome service and you pay half the price. Others have said the same about Candy Cane Inn. Overpriced.

At HoJo, they let us check in early, we had an enormous room. With five of us, that's always a concern. There were two closets, a vanity with sink outside the bathroom and a sink in the bathroom. We had a fridge, two full closets, a small table and chairs for eating and plenty of room for a crib and two queen beds. Full sized ironing board, hairdryer, coffeemaker and great housekeeping service. Each room has a balcony as well. The rooms were immaculate, as were the carpets, hallways, pool, lobby, etc. I got to see not only our room, but my mom's room in another building, and a friend's room in another building. All were as nice as ours, but I thought ours was larger.

At night you can watch the fireworks sitting next to a gorgeous fountain, surrounded by trees lit by white lights. The rooms were quiet (we were in building 6, which is away from I-5) and I couldn't get over how great the grounds were. Usually when we stay next to DLR, we're concerned about the girls running from the doorway of the room to a parking lot. Here, they could roam a little freer.

We didn't use the shuttle at all. We just walked. I'd say the distance was about the same as the Candy Cane Inn.

And we paid $45 a night, using our Entertainment Coupon book. For seven nights. :)

MonorailMan
04-29-2003, 06:44 AM
I say it's the name. How many times in a day can you say HoJo? It kinda rolls off the tounge. ;) :D

Disney Boy
04-29-2003, 08:48 AM
THis may be a stupid question, but what does HoJo stand for. I have seen a lot of hotels/motels around Disneyland, but none with a sign that says HoJo on it. I would like to try it, but I need to know what it's real name is. And how much are single rooms for one person per night?

mad4mky
04-29-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Disney Boy
THis may be a stupid question, but what does HoJo stand for. I have seen a lot of hotels/motels around Disneyland, but none with a sign that says HoJo on it. I would like to try it, but I need to know what it's real name is. And how much are single rooms for one person per night?

HoJo = Howard Johnsons :)

Disney Boy
04-29-2003, 12:46 PM
Thank You. I should have known. Oh well.