PDA

View Full Version : Buzz blasters "off"?

kaybee2
12-10-2010, 06:47 AM
We rode buzz (family fav ride) twice yersterday. Both times, it seemed like our blasters weren't working right. The laser was shooting off to the side or not even going. DH consistently scores 1 mill+ but was scoring 200k and the rest of us scored below-range too. Has anyone else experienced this lately, or did we just get bum blasters both times?

disneyobsessed
12-10-2010, 09:00 AM
You obviously got bum blasters. It happens to us once or twice or three times every trip depending on how often we ride.

Newbalance87
12-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Yeah, you'd think they fix all the blasters and such during their annual shutdown. The lasers probably get off because the blasters fall off their cradles when the door opens outward and slams against it. Recently, I've also noticed scores not posting, scores switched between the players or the picture taken at an awkward angle. Both my friend and I scored over a million points on my bday, but when we went to see who really won, the scores did not display on the picture and now we'll NEVER know...

trypticon
12-10-2010, 12:41 PM
I had the problem of the score not showing up last time my boy and I rode it. I was mad about it, too, since it was the highest score I'd ever gotten on the ride.

dznyphreak
12-10-2010, 12:45 PM
I don't think this ride gets the attention it needs for proper upkeep. It seems to have a 50/50 chance of working properly when I ride.

Disneylandfanguy
12-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Yeah, you'd think they fix all the blasters and such during their annual shutdown. The lasers probably get off because the blasters fall off their cradles when the door opens outward and slams against it.

The problem is that thick rubber material that they added to the handles of each blaster a few years ago. That is the reason why they cannot fit properly into the holster.

Many times I have discreetly pulled the thick material off of the handle and let it slide down the cord, allowing the handle to be like it was when the ride first opened. Without that newer rubber material on the handles, the blasters fit securely into their holster.

You would think that the maintenance CMs would catch on to this very easy solution and just cut off the rubber material from the handles.

Someone should really report this to City Hall. Perhaps I will report it sometime...

uncleian77
12-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah last my nephew rode he didn't even ger his picture taken ler alone has his score shown at the end, yes this did upset me and his mother

TowerofTerror
12-10-2010, 08:06 PM
yes i notice sometimes the blasters dont work properly

houseofmouse
12-10-2010, 08:40 PM
We have had someone else's score on our pics before. This trip they all worked fine but boy does that ride need some paint!!

TRON
12-12-2010, 08:51 AM
I would say I don't think I ever had an accurate score or got credit for shooting targets since the day the ride opened, so I think. I know since it is laser the accuracy of the sensors registering the laser beam probably is not 100%. I am sure the calibration of the laser over time gets a little out of whack but in those instances you got to use what call "Kentucky Wind-age" and adjust accordingly. As far as scores not showing up or changing I need to pay closer attention next time I ride it. In the end it is a fun ride and no matter the outcome my family and I always enjoy it. :)

I did notice it need some touch ups with the paint and that was back in June so if it still needs it then I guess it is much worse now. :(

newhdplayer
12-12-2010, 10:10 AM
. DH consistently scores 1 mill+ ?

Not to change the subject, but how do we get to 1 mill+ points?

There must be some "tricks-o-the-trade", or maybe I just suck at it?

skywalker
12-12-2010, 04:41 PM

if your lucky enough to get stuck in the middle of the ride while they are loading a disabled passenger, it allows you to continue playing. the blue triangles are worth a lot of points, so look for them.

dznyphreak
12-12-2010, 09:48 PM

Getting stuck or at least slowing down is practically a necessity, but the targets with the highest point value are hidden:

On the center of Zurg's chest both times you see him (in the round room where he's really close and in the last room when he's battling Buzz) is an unmarked target that just looks like a black hole. It's the same size as the hole in the middle of marked targets. Very hard to hit, but worth 50k points I believe. I think there are also phrases the characters will say when someone hits the targets...like Zurg saying "Impossible! No one can aim so precisely!" in the first room, and Buzz saying "Good shooting, Space Ranger!" in the last room. Those phrases seem to happen infrequently and always seem to pop up when I've hit the target in the past.

Good luck!

newhdplayer
12-13-2010, 07:00 AM
Getting stuck or at least slowing down is practically a necessity, but the targets with the highest point value are hidden:

On the center of Zurg's chest both times you see him (in the round room where he's really close and in the last room when he's battling Buzz) is an unmarked target that just looks like a black hole. It's the same size as the hole in the middle of marked targets. Very hard to hit, but worth 50k points I believe. I think there are also phrases the characters will say when someone hits the targets...like Zurg saying "Impossible! No one can aim so precisely!" in the first room, and Buzz saying "Good shooting, Space Ranger!" in the last room. Those phrases seem to happen infrequently and always seem to pop up when I've hit the target in the past.

Good luck!

Thank you for the hint. Definitely something to look for next time.

danyoung
12-13-2010, 09:11 AM
The problem is that thick rubber material that they added to the handles of each blaster a few years ago. That is the reason why they cannot fit properly into the holster.

I saw this in July, and I was completely floored at how stupid it was for them to leave the guns in this condition. I mean, when the front panel flips open to let you out at the end of the ride, the guns just FALL out of their "holsters" and dangle there at the end of their cords. Extremely damaging to the guns and the cables, and really easy to fix. Very bad engineering, causing damage that will be much more expensive than just providing the correct rubber grommets in the first place. Mystifyingly lame!

DwarfPlanet
12-14-2010, 08:11 AM
I hate getting off guns but when they first power up I shoot a few times at the wall to see if I can see how far mine is off before compensating.

danyoung
12-14-2010, 08:30 AM
I hate getting off guns...

Well, then don't ever get ON guns!!!

<grin>

MaxBuffMelvin
12-29-2010, 08:33 PM
On the 30 or so times I've been on Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters I have only scored like 500K points tops and my finger is throbbing by the end. Then, inevitably, it says how someone scored like a million or some ridiculous thing! Is there a secret I don't know or do professional sharpshooters frequent DLR?

coronado_g
12-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Go to Google and type in "Buzz Lightyear score tips". You'll get great advice on how to get those high scores!

Sosai X
12-29-2010, 10:44 PM
It's a matter of timing. If you can get the right angle on a lighted blue triangle, it's easy.

MaxBuffMelvin
12-30-2010, 07:25 AM
Thanks guys. I'll check it out!