PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrowland gift shop?

kikid
12-05-2010, 06:49 AM
hope this is the right forum?

Has anyone recently spotted the Chewbacca and Yoda Backpacks
in the gift shop as you exit Star Tours? I am going to the parks specifically
to purchase but want to make sure they still carry both? Or, does anyone
know if they are available in DTD?
Thank you!

aidensdaddy
12-06-2010, 01:28 AM
hope this is the right forum?

Has anyone recently spotted the Chewbacca and Yoda Backpacks
in the gift shop as you exit Star Tours? I am going to the parks specifically
to purchase but want to make sure they still carry both? Or, does anyone
know if they are available in DTD?
Thank you!

I was in there on Thanksgiving and I remember that they still had them. I think they might also be on Main Street as well in the Emporium or the toy store just next to that and behind the jewelry store.

As far as Downtown Disney, the only one that MAY have it would be the World of Disney store. And possibly the one that is opposite of Build A Bear in that circular area with the bar in the center, I just don't remember the name of it.

Their main information line is 714-781-7290 to speak to an actual person. You may have to ask about the Star Wars or Emporium stores and they could find out for you. Never hurts to call ahead and ask. They're open from 7am to 6pm daily.

kikid
12-06-2010, 05:50 AM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!:)
will call today!

lola2009
12-06-2010, 08:50 AM
I wanted to add Hot Topic is also carrying similar backpacks.

kikid
12-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Oh? Where is "Hot Topic"? It seems I've seen a couple different
versions of the Yoda BP but not sure. Since my son was
interested in the "Disney Yoda" I feel that I need to buy it there
in the park?
Thank you for the info:)

lola2009
12-06-2010, 10:21 AM
http://search.hottopic.com/search?p=KK&srid=S9-5&lbc=hottopic&ts=custom&pw=starwars%20backpacks&uid=632094171&isort=score&view=grid&w=Star%20Wars%20Backpack&rk=1

Here you go!
ETA: they are included on the buy 1 get 1 half off sale :)

kikid
12-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Wow!!! So easy. Ordered and done! Thanks a million!:)
Now I need another 'excuse' to visit my favorite place...hmmm?;)

lola2009
12-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Your welcome. They have pretty fast shipping too I just got some Harry Potter things I ordered for my oldest DD.

aidensdaddy
12-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!:)
will call today!

Welcome.

Wow!!! So easy. Ordered and done! Thanks a million!:)
Now I need another 'excuse' to visit my favorite place...hmmm?;)

Hmmm, the Winter Enchantment along Main Street? Or.....

Last year my wife and I were bored so we took our then 2 year old to the park for a bit on Christmas Eve. We're premium AP's and we went there after dark. Main Street was FLOODED, and I mean inundated, with Disney Characters. Stitch kidnapped our son for a little bit. It was also kinda crazy with all of the other families, but it was WELL WORTH IT! We got tons of pictures, and there were characters there that you rarely see like Baloo for starters. It all ended with all the characters being on top of the train station in Town Square for a huge photo or video shoot for all the guests. I had talked to one of the CM Leads around then and she told me it is something the Entertainment Department (which runs the characters) does every year on Christmas Eve for the guests. It was definitely a night to remember and I made sure to thank the Lead for doing something like this and making it such a memorable night.

Maybe there's your reason.

ogold72
12-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Changing topics slightly, I was in the park in October and I saw in one of the shops in Frontierland (Westward Ho I think) Disney charecter Pillowpets. The one I remember was Pluto but there were a few others. Has anyone else seen these in the park or confirm they are still there>

kikid
12-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Hmmm, the Winter Enchantment along Main Street? Or..... Maybe there's your reason.sounds wonderful!:)

lola2009
12-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Changing topics slightly, I was in the park in October and I saw in one of the shops in Frontierland (Westward Ho I think) Disney charecter Pillowpets. The one I remember was Pluto but there were a few others. Has anyone else seen these in the park or confirm they are still there>

We bought a Tigger at World of Disney but it was in July.

kikid
12-06-2010, 04:25 PM
I've not been to the parks in awhile so not sure about the pillows.

aidensdaddy
12-06-2010, 05:28 PM

I believe that they are in a lot of stores throughout the resorts, usually the ones with the stuffed animals.

Malcon10t
12-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Changing topics slightly, I was in the park in October and I saw in one of the shops in Frontierland (Westward Ho I think) Disney charecter Pillowpets. The one I remember was Pluto but there were a few others. Has anyone else seen these in the park or confirm they are still there>Saw them in the Baazar in Adventureland and the Emporium on Main St this weekend.

aidensdaddy
12-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Let it be known that I am a premium AP and I live less than 10 minutes from the place. If anyone needs to find out anything please don't hesitate to ask me or to give me a buzz. I've been known to go there just for a short trip so that something on the boards could be answered. An example, over a year ago, one of the pirates head was backwards on Pirates. I think it was the one on the cannon on the left. Someone posted about it, but no one was able to provide pictures. I was there & back and had the pic posted within an hour.

Malcon10t
12-06-2010, 09:06 PM
I was there & back and had the pic posted within an hour.Do you have multiple accounts? Your profile show you only joined a couple days ago....

aidensdaddy
12-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Do you have multiple accounts? Your profile show you only joined a couple days ago....

Nope, this was on another Disney board a year ago.

ogold72
12-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Let it be known that I am a premium AP and I live less than 10 minutes from the place. If anyone needs to find out anything please don't hesitate to ask me or to give me a buzz. I've been known to go there just for a short trip so that something on the boards could be answered. An example, over a year ago, one of the pirates head was backwards on Pirates. I think it was the one on the cannon on the left. Someone posted about it, but no one was able to provide pictures. I was there & back and had the pic posted within an hour.

Fantastic! Thats a very thoughtful offer