PDA

View Full Version : Senior Perks/Rates?

Niwel
04-25-2003, 10:53 AM
Hey gang,

I'll be taking my grandmother to DCA in June (she has never been and I think the last time she was even in Anaheim was the early '80s).
Does anyone know of any senior discounts or tips on traveling with seniors.
Gracias in advance!

rexfarms
04-25-2003, 07:11 PM
I would be interested in knowing this too.

MammaSilva
04-25-2003, 07:27 PM
Being married to a Senior Citizen (ok just barely..) we are members of AARP and have gotten great discounts on hotels when traveling.

surf here to see if there is anything that might help? (http://www.aarp.org/benefits/)

Membership is very affordable.

tabacco
04-26-2003, 09:19 AM
As far as park admission, she'll get $2 (woohoo!) off the one day tickets, or $20 off a deluxe or premium AP.

One tip... I don't know how well she moves around, but I went to the park last December with my grandparents and ended up renting ECVs for them, since they had trouble walking around for the whole day.

hefferdude
04-27-2003, 11:10 AM
Being married to a Senior Citizen (ok just barely..) we are members of AARP and have gotten great discounts on hotels when traveling. :eek:

I'm chuckling at this. K and I just turned 50 in January. Suddenly,
we're on the same half a century as Gramma!:D We all Dlx Aprs.
And I just got my AARP invite, yikes!

This may be in addition to the discount question.
Thanks to the nice article on Sprintime Pictures DLR recently on MP, we remind ourselves to slow down and really take notice
of all the wonderful landscaping and the way it is artfully sculpted into the overall ambiance of each land. Gramma was duly impressed and amazed, as were we, just how beautiful it is and how much work must go into keeping it that way. We also like to check out the "edibles" in Tomorrowland. Gives us ideas for our garden.

Because of this, we also started re-discovering the smaller set-aside areas that are probably missed by an attraction warrior.
( No offense, I am one of those too ;) )
We even spent time after MAMS 2003 just watching the swans from a cool shady spot by the castle to decompress.

Anyway, I just suggesting take Gramma and take time to really discover the flora ( and fauna - tabby cats on the steps of the old Fantasyland Skyway Landing )

...and then storm the Matterhorn - both sides, twice!!:D

Christiii
04-27-2003, 11:17 AM
hey my mom and I saw a cat there a couple of weeks ago!! How funny!! I was so shocked to see her..she was cream colored and looked totally at home ;-0

DisneyFan25863
04-27-2003, 11:23 AM
We saw a cat climb out of ROA when it was still drained :eek:

You might want to look into getting an SAP for your grandma. When we took mine she got one. It really helped in those quenes where you have to stand in the sun ;)

Niwel
04-27-2003, 11:30 AM
We'll be going to DCA on a Friday -- so the lines will be short, plus I know the best "order" and we can use FastPass. I think SAPs should only be used by those who really need them, luckily my grandma isn't at that point yet. :)

rexfarms
04-27-2003, 11:37 AM
Not another SAP thread....:rolleyes: