PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin the musical lip sync ?

Mansion101
12-01-2010, 06:16 PM
i gotta ask because i recently saw a video of Aladdin the Musical that someone had shot zoomed in so you could see the actors faces, and it seems like aladdin and jasmine lip sync. am i just crazy ?

i also read in another post that the girl in the wheelchair is the singing voice for jasmine...

disney42dude
12-01-2010, 09:26 PM
All they times I've seen it, I've never noticed lip syncing. There are a couple scenes where doubles are used for Aladdin and/or Jasmine and maybe at those points the actors who are offstage are singing.

disneylandgirl
12-02-2010, 11:10 AM
My guess would be that the video was off. I saw the show in October and sat in the first few rows. There was no lip syncing...

shna
12-02-2010, 11:10 AM
There hasn't been lip-syncing when I've seen it.

Mansion101
12-02-2010, 11:30 AM
oh ok sorry it must have been the video.. thats what i thought but when i read on another post that one of the esambles were jasmins signing voice, i had to ask

AVP
12-02-2010, 12:53 PM
There's definitely some "sweetening" of the background vocals, but the leads are live.

AVP

danyoung
12-03-2010, 09:29 AM
It's easy for this to happen when someone is sitting back a ways in the theater and zooms in to a face. The visual is transmitted instantly to the camera, but the sound, which travels much slower than light, takes a few milliseconds to get to the camcorder. It can give the illusion that the actor and the sound are out of sync, when it's just a factor of the slower speed of sound.

Drince88
12-03-2010, 09:36 AM
i gotta ask because i recently saw a video of Aladdin the Musical that someone had shot zoomed in so you could see the actors faces, and it seems like aladdin and jasmine lip sync. am i just crazy ?

i also read in another post that the girl in the wheelchair is the singing voice for jasmine...

What did you think when you saw the performance yourself?

newhdplayer
12-03-2010, 11:30 AM
We just happened to see if from the front row the other day, and we didn't see any "synching".

fairestoneofall
12-03-2010, 11:37 AM
OK, I'm so glad someone posted this. We saw it on Tuesday and had fabulous floor seating! There was no lip syncing for the main characters as far as I could tell. HOWEVER, when they are flying on the magic carpet their are different people playing the main characters. I could see the "other Aladdin and Jasmine" already hoisted onto the carpet while Aladdin and Jasmine were still on stage. Those characters may be lip syncing while flying on the carpet.

TowerofTerror
12-03-2010, 02:38 PM
I have never in all the times seeing the show it seem that its being lip sync

Mansion101
12-03-2010, 11:41 PM
What did you think when you saw the performance yourself?

personally i love it but regardless of how close i sit my, my eyes arnt the best so peoples face's are usually blury

Mansion101
12-03-2010, 11:44 PM
It's easy for this to happen when someone is sitting back a ways in the theater and zooms in to a face. The visual is transmitted instantly to the camera, but the sound, which travels much slower than light, takes a few milliseconds to get to the camcorder. It can give the illusion that the actor and the sound are out of sync, when it's just a factor of the slower speed of sound.

i think this guys explanation is the best lol thanks

AJDerrick
12-04-2010, 08:09 AM
OK, I'm so glad someone posted this. We saw it on Tuesday and had fabulous floor seating! There was no lip syncing for the main characters as far as I could tell. HOWEVER, when they are flying on the magic carpet their are different people playing the main characters. I could see the "other Aladdin and Jasmine" already hoisted onto the carpet while Aladdin and Jasmine were still on stage. Those characters may be lip syncing while flying on the carpet.

I've thought that the carpet doubles might be dubbed by the main leads, but I did notice enough differences in the voices that I thought they were probably singing themselves. Not sure though.

danyoung
12-04-2010, 09:30 AM
i think this guys explanation is the best lol thanks

"this guy" has a name, y'know. I'm just sayin' . . . . .

Mansion101
12-04-2010, 11:31 AM
"this guy" has a name, y'know. I'm just sayin' . . . . .

sorry lol

danyoung
12-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Sallright. After all you were agreeing with me!