PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know When ElecTRONica Will End?

Doug
12-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Anyone Know When ElecTRONica Will End?

AVP
12-01-2010, 03:22 PM
I believe it's been extended through April.

Adrienne

danyoung
12-03-2010, 09:56 AM
Do you WANT it to end?

CariBelle
12-03-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm hoping it's held over until at leats mid April, I want my brother to see it!

TowerofTerror
12-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Im saying by feburary

aidensdaddy
12-03-2010, 02:17 PM
I heard one of the CM's say the other night that it may end sometime in January.

But this is the Disney company. No one is ever on the same page.

dznyphreak
12-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Would April be when they expect the DVD/BluRay to come out? Is that the reason for the extension?

lovindisneyland
12-04-2010, 08:38 PM
i thought i heard also that it's going to be extended. electronica is so much fun! I just love the 3d preview of the movie.. i am super excited to see the movie now! :)

aidensdaddy
12-05-2010, 12:24 AM
I think Flynn's arcade is awesome. The second I stepped in there, I felt like a kid on Christmas. It was like going back in time seeing all those old classics. And there was quite a few people waiting for the ONE & ONLY old Tron game that they did have, with several people watching those that were playing while waiting. I got to about level 3 on it with a crowd of people behind me. I heard one guy saying something like "It's amazing how good this guy is." The last time I saw a line of people waiting or watching a video game was back in the day in Tomorrowland Starcade when I would play the Star Wars Trilogy arcade game. Ahhhh, those were the days.

They should at least move Flynn's Arcade over to Starcade in Tomorrowland when it's over and done with, ready to be closed down. Open the second level (dare I say it - relocate the X-Wing so it won't be out of theme) and they could have room for some of the old arcade games as well as room for the current ones. That place used to be happening back in the day.

I created a thread with the idea and made a poll. Here's the link (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=158459).

animal24
12-10-2010, 09:33 AM
What about the troncore? whats the chances of that staying around till say... after Christmas? :D

Mansion101
12-11-2010, 08:54 AM
elecTRONica is schedualed to end on Jan 2 With all the other Christmas time events

Bytebear
12-11-2010, 10:19 AM
That's too bad. It should be a permenent thing. It was the first time I felt like I was really in a "tomoorowland" like atmosphere. Hopefully a Tomorrowland makeover is in the works, especially now that the Rockets are down and may need a major overhaul.

aidensdaddy
12-11-2010, 06:56 PM
I believe it's been extended through April.

Adrienne

Yes, I was there this evening waiting outside the entrance to Flynn's for them to open at 6pm. The cast member outside who seemed very well informed stated that as of right now, though not 100% confirmed, the end date for it all is set for April. All while urging the point that it all depends on what happens with crowds and the movie. But if it goes to April, look for it to end before the Food & Wine Festival begins in Mid-April.

The one and only Tron game there among the many other games from the 1982 era, takes one token to play. One quarter per token. Other games I saw there were:

Space Invaders
Galaga
Galaxian
Road Rally
Pac Man
Asteroids
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr
Track n Field
Dig Dug

and an air hockey table and one Foosball table. Plus many other old games that. It opened at 6pm and within 30 minutes there was barely any room to walk in there. People were lining up to play Tron and even take pictures next to it. It's too bad though at a few points the screen on the Tron game went out and was out of order, but only for a short while. The last time I played it tonight and when I finally gave up, I turned around and there was a massive wall of people behind me, all looking towards the Tron game. Wow, and all of this because of a movie. :p

Dizzy4DL
12-11-2010, 08:32 PM
But if it goes to April, look for it to end before the Food & Wine Festival begins in Mid-April.

The Food & Wine Festival was cancelled.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/tag/california-food-and-wine-festival/

aidensdaddy
12-11-2010, 09:36 PM
The Food & Wine Festival was cancelled.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/tag/california-food-and-wine-festival/

Wow. I guess the CM I spoke to didn't know of it.

dznyphreak
12-22-2010, 09:45 AM
In case anyone's still curious, Disney is saying ElecTRONica has been extended indefinitely.

I guess the movie's doing well enough (and they're making enough money from ElecTRONica) that it's worth keeping around for the forseeable future.