PDA

View Full Version : Need help quick on overlap in reservation!

3Princesses1Prince
11-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Will I have trouble if my DVC reservations overlap? If week one checks out on a Sunday but week two checks in on Saturday? I will check out of week one a day early to move to the 2nd reservation.

GusMan
11-29-2010, 07:46 AM
I hope this is not a dumb question, but why do you have such an overlap between the two ressies?

3Princesses1Prince
11-29-2010, 08:28 AM
We are trading through RCI. So we have to take a full week. Right now I have BCV 9/3-10. I wanted to get SSR for 9/10-17 but missed out in grabbing it in time. Now I can get SSR for 8/28-9/4 instead, but it overlaps with my BCV dates. I would still move to BCV on 9/3. I just want to make sure Disney won't mess with my reservations. I saw on a DVC board that some people have done it without issues. I also wanted to get the Dining plan and now am not sure how that'll work?

Drince88
11-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Ok, ignore my PM.
I was concerned you were moving FROM Beach Club a day early!

I wouldn't THINK Disney would have an issue. Can you call Disney Member services directly to verify? I think that's who you'd have to contact re the dining plan - if you don't do that through RCI's member services.

Regarding the dining plan, you'll basically have two sets of credits. When you check into SSR, you'll get 7*number of people daily credits (if on the regular dining plan that would be 7 TS, 7 CS and 7 snacks per person). And they expire on midnight of the last day of that reservation. When you check into Beach you'll get the same. So in theory, you could eat REALLY WELL on the overlap day. But you aren't limited to 1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack per person each day - you get the full set of credits on day one to use any way you like.

I don't know if you can get a 'partial reservation' dining plan - so you might be paying double for that, too.

Daddio
11-29-2010, 10:20 AM
It would only be an issue if both reservations were at the same resort for the same check in day. You should be fine. Are both ressies through RCI?

David

3Princesses1Prince
11-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Cathy, I saw your PM and figured it would be easier to clarify here for everyone.

Yes they would both be through RCI. I really don't want that last week of August. I'd rather get a week after our BCV stay because it would be over DHs birthday, so I don't know what to do? DD's favorite singer will be performing here on the 1st of September and I was planning on taking her (not that WDW wouldn't be fun too...:rolleyes:)....Decisions, decisions!

3Princesses1Prince
11-30-2010, 08:39 AM
Woohoo! Crisis adverted. I got OKW for the week after BCV.

Drince88
11-30-2010, 08:42 AM
Woohoo! Crisis adverted. I got OKW for the week after BCV.

Yipppeeee!!!
Congratulations!

3Princesses1Prince
11-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Yipppeeee!!!
Congratulations!

I was willing to wait it out for that later week. I just got done promising DD we could go see Taylor Swift when she's in Nor. CA next September. The kids don't know we are going to WDW next year so if I cancelled going to the concert to go to WDW she'd definitely be disappointed. I'd have one of those "Disney surprise gone wrong" videos on YouTube!!! :eek: