PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what the survey covers?

Gandalf
08-06-2001, 04:44 PM
Does anyone know what the DL survey covers when they stop and ask questions via their touchpad minis? They've stopped us a couple of times and asked to see our tickets. When they see our annual passports they just thank us and move on to someone else. Do they have a quota they have to fill per each type of guest (out of town, local, APs, etc.)?

Doodle Duck
08-06-2001, 04:58 PM
This has been covered in depth a few times...the bottom line is

YOU already spent your money on the pass...so the questions which are geared toward how much $ they can get away with in admission pricing doesn't relate to you anymore. What ever the questions the motivation is how far they can push the envelope. If your REALLY satisfied with everything you in effect have 'paid too little' and could stand a hike with out bolting. It's that base and simple.

Gandalf
08-06-2001, 05:06 PM
Thanks. I guess I was hoping they were asking new questions. Maybe about what new rides visitors would want to see or how they feel about the shortening of hours. If they ask the same old mundane questions, wouldn't it be better to use their castmembers somewhere else? Speaking of castmembers, what happens to the ones who are in the Electrical Parade that has been cut to one viewing. And it looks like in September cut to only Friday evenings and weekends. Will they be absorbed back into the Disney workforce?

Gregmh48
08-06-2001, 06:36 PM
All they asked me for was my zip code

FantasmicFan82
08-08-2001, 12:18 PM
I went with a friend once and they only asked her for her ZIp as well. just to get info from where people are coming from.

mad4mky
08-08-2001, 12:30 PM
I was handed a questionnaire back in February as I entered DCA from the Grand Californian where we were staying. Unfortunatly it didn't have questions asking if I liked the park or not. Mostly it asked about the convience of the entrance and where we were from. It came with a postage paid return envelope. Being the very opinionated person I am...I still wrote down what my opinion of the park was...it was bleak. But I did praise the hotel. I had a glorious time staying there.
This is the first time I have had a survey to take back home or hotel to fill out.

Napsto
08-08-2001, 12:55 PM
91602 for life!

disneyhead
08-08-2001, 01:28 PM
When I was in DCA in May I was approached about 30 times by CMs with ePads. They asked where we were from, where we were staying, what other southern Californian attractions we were going to see, where we were staying at those attractions. I can't remember the rest, but I found it interesting that they didn't ask me anything about what I thought about DCA.

Napsto
08-09-2001, 01:19 PM
ive gotten he what you think about dca survey

Uncle Dick
03-01-2002, 12:58 AM
I was surveyed once back in October on my way to see the Haunted Mansion Holiday. I was basically just asked where I was from, and why I came (to see the new attraction) and if there were any other reasons why I came (no, not really) and if I was an APer (yes). Relatively painless.

HBTiggerFan
03-01-2002, 05:28 PM
Well I dunno about the rest of you but I want my oppnion counted regardless if I am an AP or not! And I have heard htat if your an AP your replies are disregarded. So what I do is I lie. I have 2 sets of responces. One is I am a local and do not own a pass. I think the prices are high and the quality is low and that is why I do not own a pass. The other is I am visiting from Canada (not a total lie, I am 1/2 Canadian), and I tell them the same thing. I think the prices are to high and the quality is low. I alwasy say that DCA is not worth the adult or kid admission and that DL has gone down hill since I was there in 95. On either story when I am asked for my ticket I say that I threw it away as I was done at the DLR for my trip. Never been questioned about it. Now I know what I do isn't honest, and I think of myself as an honest person, but I want my voice counted dangit!!

mousey_girl
03-01-2002, 07:00 PM
When we went in Dec, we weren't approached at DL, we were approached many many times in DCA and DTD. I guess we had "the look" they were going for. Both were pretty much the same, the one for DCA was mainly "how would you rate _____ " from attractions to food to CM quality. If I responded with anything even remotly negative there was an addtional, "why did you rate it that way." I ended up giving mostly negative responses for everything but the questions about CMs, who were the only bright spot at the time. She did take note of my answers, although she did seem surprised with my "no-value" reponses. Most of the questions were in terms of over all value. What I got out of it was that the management wanted to know if I would be willing to pay more. I replied I would have been awfully ticked if I had paid full price.

The DTD questions were pretty much on the same level.

tabacco
03-01-2002, 11:45 PM
They're assigned different projects. Sometimes they'll be told to survey only non-APs, sometimes they're told to survey people from out of town only, etc.

that controls who the ask and what they ask.

amandamanda99
03-02-2002, 09:55 AM
Guest Research has many different surveys they do each day. They have some who ask for tickets and zip codes to gather information about who is in the park on a particular day, where they're from, and how long they're staying. They don't ask AP's, because your information is scanned into the system whenever you enter the gates.

In the evening, they have Guest Satisfaction Maintenance (GSM) surveys that ask people about how many attractions they rode on, where they ate, how much money they spent, etc. This survey is your opportunity to tell them whether or not you liked the park you visited. They can't just ask you "Did you like DCA?", because the answers given by guests would be so subjective that they'd never really get an accurate response. And they are ALWAYS giving AP's and CM's this survey... you don't have to pretend you're not an annual passholder! For some surveys they actually TARGET locals and APs. There are actually very few surveys that APs aren't eligible for.

Guest Research does tons of other surveys, too. I think someone mentioned a visit planning survey, where the CM asks about when they decided to visit the resort, etc. Sometimes Guest Research gets some really neat surveys, asking people what the name for a new product should be, or what kind of food they'd like to see in a new restaurant.

A good friend of mine works in Guest Research, and I almost transferred there from Store Operations a few months ago. It's a neat department.

Morrigoon
03-02-2002, 05:39 PM
I find that really amusing since every time there's a survey team waiting inside the gate at my line, they ignore me completely and wait for the next guests to come through. On the RARE occasion that they ask me, once I say I'm an AP, they thank me and move on. I really feel like APs are shut out of the surveys. Sure, there may be one or two surveys that allow APs, but I haven't seen them, and those surveyors are out there ALL the time, ALWAYS ignoring me.

Uncle Dick
03-04-2002, 07:57 PM
So I got surveyed today in DtD after a lovely lunch at Whitewater Snacks (and some time in the lobby with the piano player). The questions were:

Have you spent at least 30 min. in Downtown Disney? (yes)
Have you already/do you plan on visiting Disneyland/DCA today? (yes and yes)
Where do you live? (Pasadena)
Where are you staying tonight? (home)
In the last twelve months how many times have you visited DtD/Disneyland/DCA? (lots)
Are you an AP? (yes)
Is any member of your party under 18? (no)

Interesting.