PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Disneyland memories

lha9310
04-24-2003, 05:05 AM
I was just sitting here thinking about my 2 favorite Memories from DLR. Then I thought it would be cool to hear yours.

Mine are easy and both involve my daughter. (Sorry to the 2 boys LOL)

1st were having the pooh breakfast and she is dying to see Piglet. when Piglet finaly does come in he starts at the other end of the room. She looks up sad and says Dad why wont Piglet come and see us. I see piglet is making his way to us a little slow, and also a chance to hurry her eating so I can get to the rides. I tell her to look at her plate with all that Bacon and Sausage the poor little pig is probably scared to see her. She says "Oh my I didnt think of that." and hurrys to eat it. just as she finished Piglet came to our table and she gets to spend some time with him. after he left my Daughter says "Dad you were right he must have been scared to death." and laughs about it for the rest of the trip. It is still something we joke about when we visit the park now.

2nd is when we are shopping for Pirate souvineres she picks out one or 2 items and then its off to the register. the CM working the desk says how pretty she is and that she makes a good Pirate Princess. but needs a Pirate necklace to go with it. then the CM pulls a necklace from her side pocket and gives it to my daughter. My Daughter didn't see where the necklace came from and thought it was magic. it was sooo coooool! then as we left I heard another CM saying that was so Disney and how magical it was and I have to agree it is CM's like that that Set Disney Apart I went back later on but the CM was gone I wanted to thank her for making the trip Magical and special for my Daughter.

Hope to hear yours soon..

tjrj
04-24-2003, 05:26 AM
Gosh, there are sooo many...but this one is a favorite from a trip about 4 years ago now. My son, 7 at the time, has autism and wasn't very verbal at the time. But he sure learned and used the name of his favorite ride. We heard "Splash Mountain" alot on that trip. In a five day visit, we must have "splashed" at least twice a day-and probably more than that. Every single time I'd look over and he'd have this huge grin on his face. Can still bring tears to my eyes. :cool:

dsnylndmom
04-24-2003, 07:14 AM
I seem to have favorites from each trip. This past trip my favorites included....

My older son(8) running up to me with this huge(toothless)grin on his face, after riding CS yelling "I opened my eyes in the loop and kept them open!!!"

My younger son(4)telling everyone on the boat in pirates, right before the drop, "okay everybody put your hands up now" and then after the second drop "awww man I like the big drops"

My younger son riding BTMRR with his hands up the whole time and getting off the ride and saying "now let's ride da matterhorn!" He rode it for the first time

My older son, upon hearing that some of my brother's friends saying that Disneyland was for babies, saying "man they don't know what they are missing Disneyland is for everyone and it's just it's like magic!" He gets it! LOL

And finally, upon finding out they got AP's my older son giving me a huge hug and telling me "you're the best mom, even if we don't get to come back this was the best trip ever" which prompted my younger son to tell me "I love you too mommy dis trip da best!":D

mad4mky
04-24-2003, 08:57 AM
When my middle girl was 4...

We were walking from the castle to tomorrowland...in the castleway to tomorrowland was Cinderella sitting on the stone bench, and Susie Mouse.

We stopped to say hi (no one was around)...and my daughter, who has Down syndrome) started signing "mouse" (she used sign language as a form of communication)...and Susie Mouse signed back to her! My daughter got the biggest thrill out of that. And, needless to say, I have the best pictures of her with Cinderella and the Mouse.
And...she taught Cinderella how to sign "mouse" that day!

Another time, was when her favorite character, Captain Hook, came up to her while she was sitting in a stroller....she was eating popcorn...and he pulled open his mouth (mask)...to let her feed him popcorn. Another Kodak moment!:D She was thrilled to be feeding her "Hook"!

Rallymonkey23
04-24-2003, 11:10 PM
One (of many) that sticks out happened around November of 2001. It was a chilly night so upon leaving Disneyland we noticed that Chip & Dale was in the Mad Hatter shop with no one around them.

We took the kids to see them and within 3 minutes they were all running around the shop after eachother. I was having such a good time watching "the magic" unfold. I forgot I had my camcorder on me till my wife told me to film it! :D

rexfarms
04-24-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by dsnylndmom
My older son, upon hearing that some of my brother's friends saying that Disneyland was for babies, saying "man they don't know what they are missing Disneyland is for everyone and it's just it's like magic!" He gets it! LOL

Its good that he gets it, too bad other people dont.

eryn
04-25-2003, 07:46 AM
One of my many favorites was in Oct 2002. It was during the week so the park closed early. I was in DD at the ESPN zone playing games. I was getting tired so I started walking back to the hotel. It was deserted. I got to the spot right between both parks. Not a single soul around. The wonderful Disney music was playing, the street light on. It felt very magical to me! I was in my own personal Disney Land! I always try and remember that feeling whenever I feel like I'm missing DL.

Tink60
04-25-2003, 07:46 PM
My favorite DL memory comes in 2 parts. The first happened in 1964 and second in 1981. That probably doesn't make sense but it will.

When I was 4 my parents took my sister and myself to DL for a day. We were a young family and there wasn't much money but at that time you paid an entrance fee and bought coupon books for the rides. Anyway I wanted a mickey ballon that day. I wanted one so bad it hurt when my mom said "no, we don't have the money for a ballon". But she did treat us to a lemonade at the Carnation Cafe at the outdoor tables. And while we were sitting there a lady came up with 2 ballons and asked my mom if she could give them to us. It made my day. I had wished so hard for that ballon, and one had magically appeared.

Well the years went on and 3 more siblings came into the family. My parents moved us to Oregon and a trip to Cal. was to expensive, and DL and the ballons faded to distant memories.

Eventually I grew up and married. Like most young couples we were broke when we got married, so for our 5th wedding anniversary my husband told me he would take me anywhere I wanted. Now he was thinking something like Hawaii, but I insisted that it be Disneyland. So in 1981 he took me back to the Happiest Place on Earth.

While we were there it struck me in the afternoon that I really needed to buy 2 ballons. I asked my husband for the money and he gave me the most curious look, but handed over the cash. I bought the ballons, took his hand, and off we went to the Caranation Cafe. I knew for some reason there would be 2 little girls there and that they would need those ballons. Sure enough, sitting in about the same place, were the girls with thier mother. And like the lady from my childhood, I went up and asked if I could give her daughters the ballons. She gave me a funny look, probably very much like the one my mom had given the lady from my childhood. So I explained the story, and to my great delight she said yes. She thanked me and said that the girls had wanted ballons all day, and like my parents she didn't have the money for ballons.

I gave them the girls the ballons and left them with only one request. That when they grew up and came back to Disneyland that they buy 2 ballons and then find 2 little girls and give them those ballons.

Well I'm going back to Disneyland this summer with my mom! And for some reason this memory has been playing in my head for about 2 weeks now. I think that once again I need to buy 2 ballons and find 2 children to give them to. It's my way of sharing the magic that was shared with me as a child.

rexfarms
04-25-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by eryn
One of my many favorites was in Oct 2002. It was during the week so the park closed early. I was in DD at the ESPN zone playing games. I was getting tired so I started walking back to the hotel. It was deserted. I got to the spot right between both parks. Not a single soul around. The wonderful Disney music was playing, the street light on. It felt very magical to me! I was in my own personal Disney Land! I always try and remember that feeling whenever I feel like I'm missing DL.

If you stay out there late enough, they turn the music totally off. And Tink60, great story. Warms the heart. :)

lazyboy97O
04-25-2003, 08:12 PM
Most of my memories of Disneyland are just a big blur, but there are two that are very clear.

The first was when I was there for my little brother's 3rd birthday. It was Feb. of '93 so it wasn't long after Aladin was released for theaters. He had fallen in love with Genie. So, we are at I beleive the Disneyland Hotle for breakfast. Well Genie walks in and my brother sees him. He jumps from his seat, runs to Genei, and lunges toward him. The CM inside had no idea what hit him, and he fell over. So there was my little brother sitting on top of Genie. He is still proud of taking down Genie.

The other isn't really funny or anything. We were there just after the public opening of Indiana Jones Adventure. I remember seeing the huge line that weaved around Adventureland, and into the hub almost starting at the attraction. I guess its a favorite because it really set Disney apart knowing the crowd they could draw for one attraction.

silence
04-25-2003, 09:30 PM
My favorite memory was our second trip with our son (now 5). He was 3 at the time. To see his face and HEAR his giggles of delight when he road dumbo and the carousel was just too precious.