PDA

View Full Version : Gingerbread Beignets?

IslandFamily
11-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Anyone had them? Worth a stop at Cafe Orleans? They sound so yummy! Also hoping to try the caramel apple cider this trip!

Disneyphile
11-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Gingerbread ones???

Oh. My. Goodness.

Ok, now I must try those.

bennette
11-19-2010, 02:30 PM
They didn't do it for us. Something in the flavors was overcaramelized to the point of tasting slightly burnt and they didn't puff up right; I think the batter was too heavy for beignets.

I only have them about once a year and I like the regular ones enough I won't mess with perfection again. Next year we'll stick with the tried and true.

But several other people have tried them and REALLY enjoyed them so you probably want to give it a shot. I *think* one person said he/she was able to get a mixed order or if you have a large party you could order one of each, just to see which one you like best.

Toocherie
11-19-2010, 02:36 PM
I prefer the original.

dsny1mom
11-19-2010, 07:14 PM
We had them last month. Worth a trip to CO IMHO. Didn't care fpr the sauce they come with, but the beignets were excellent.

dsny1mom

SigalTchelet
11-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Anyone had them? Worth a stop at Cafe Orleans? They sound so yummy! Also hoping to try the caramel apple cider this trip!

Definitely worth a stop! I had them last month. They were yummy!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/ManilowFan/Disneyland/Halloween%202010/GingerbreadBeignet.jpg

wenidog
11-20-2010, 06:09 PM
They look SO good! I love burnt caramel...I'm a third generation chronic food burner myself. Two more weeks, can't wait:)

bennette
11-21-2010, 06:16 AM
It was more like burnt molasses but if you love that kind of thing, it might be right up your alley! I hope you enjoy them. :)

MatthewHansen
11-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Does anyone know when they will stop offering these? I need to make sure and try some before they're gone! I'm a sucker for anything holiday spice. :)

cheshirecatgirl
11-24-2010, 08:28 AM
I've had them twice, and I think they are quite good. They didn't have any kind of burnt anything flavor to them for me, though. Just gingerbread tasting puffy bread dusted with cinnamon sugar. I also liked the eggnog anglaise. They are supposed to be available all of November, then in Dec, they are going to have chocolate ones.

MatthewHansen
11-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Gingerbread tasting puffy bread dusted with cinnamon and sugar sounds like heaven to me... or is it addiction? Either way, I better go this weekend so I don't miss out. Thanks!

TowerofTerror
11-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Yup there do look delicious and they cost a total of like $5.95 for one of them.