PDA

View Full Version : Waited long enough!

Lost Boy
04-23-2003, 06:00 PM
OK, I've waited for over a week now hoping that somebody inside would give us some clue about what in the world was going on before Cast Blast. I read Al's column on this "Non-event" and was wondering if anybody has any ideas or knows why in the world Joe Russelo (spelling?) would come all the way down to the Park the night before he was scheduled to be in this big fest the next day, check into the Grand Californian and leave the next morning before Cast Blast went on. So the Cast Members are left with two people who talk more about their persoanl hobbies and very little about the 50th for Disneyland. What was said is something everybody already knew. So, any ideas as to what in the world is going on? Did Joe get so ****ed about what was planned, he just left? Or was he called away by a higher power? Or What???

jerjer2005
04-23-2003, 06:49 PM
Wow... your coments were a lil harsh!
people who are too busy talking about their personal hobbies

With concerns to your speculations as to why the man left early... One of many things could be the reason... Family issues, called away on buisness ect ect...

We need to realize that the big CEO's and such are normal people also that have normal lifes and normal problems, accidents and SPER OF THE MOMENT THINGS.

Plus I have faith that disney will come through for all of us for the 50th festivities. So I really don't think he left due to what they had planned. (That was kind of a gossipy, not well thought through speculation anyway.)

***WITH A LAUGH AND A SHOUT JERJER'S OUT***

innerSpaceman
04-23-2003, 06:56 PM
I don't think we will ever know for sure, but it has been suggested with some common sense that Jay must have been summoned back to Burbank by a higher power.

I really doubt that simple embarrassment over the lackluster anniversary plans would have him suddenly get the willies and bail.

Lost Boy
04-23-2003, 07:00 PM
Harsh or not, those hard working cast members did not go to Cast Blast to hear about Cynthia loving to paint and shop in the community she now lives in, nor hear Marty Sklar talk about past things. They wanted to hear the "Announced and printed on there tickets" about the big news for Disneyland's 50th! You all know me better than that. But, for the head of all Disney Theme Parks to leave the morning of this presentation he was to give, without a work to anyone about why, can on;y leave us to speculate, and so far noting has been said or published about him leaving due to family issues or company porblems. If it were either of those things, an announcement would have been made, but it appeared from what I have heard and read, that nobody that was in charge of Cast Blast, including Cynthia and Marty, even knew he had gone until show time. That leads one to wonder! That's all I meant.

DisneyFan25863
04-23-2003, 08:11 PM
I still think "Cynthia Harris, Painter of Light (c)" is a little sad :D ;) :cool: :~D

04-24-2003, 10:42 AM
If I were a Disney employee and felt Cast Blast indicated a swiftly sinking ship, I would bail.

stitcher
04-25-2003, 11:34 PM
It was obvious from before the April "Cast Connection" that things were ill planned:

1. With Cast Blast being on April 15/16, we normally would have heard much about it at least a month in advance. All the open notice we had before hand was some mention in the March "Cast Connection" of tickets being available near the end of the month. Then when the April issue came around, there was no real mention of Cast Blast whatsoever, until the week after tickets were made available.

2. They planned it for the peak of Spring Break. Maybe they were using the logic that a lot of castmembers would be around for it. :confused: Though this is true, unfortunately, they are also working.....Here's a tip folks, do it when we don't have to worry about mandatory extensions!!!

3. There were only three showings of the 1 hour long(length?) "Showtacular" in a time span of 7 hours. Now, doing the math here, allowing a CM 30 minutes to get to/from their location, that means anyone who had a full shift(a popular peak season occurence) that started within 90 minutes of the first show was SOL if they wanted to see it. (a 6:30 CM would get off just in time to see the 3:00 showing, and a 9:30 CM would get out of the 8:00 showing just in time to go to work)

4. Something tells me they advertised the topics of conversation before they really knew exactly what those topics of conversation were going to be.

I will commend them on a few things though

1. No outlying hotels promoting themselves.....I really didn't care about them last year. They were too high and if I were to have family stay in the area I may as well get them into a DLR hotel

2. The imagineers booth actually gave some concrete information on The look of the new TSI and at least an outer view of TOT