PDA

View Full Version : Grandma's ashes in the Mansion

Pages : [1] 2

Mansion101
11-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Just curious.... People go scatter your loved ones ashes somewhere else !!
Disney doesnt want them, i dont want them.

you realize your grandma is going to end up being vacumed and throw in the dumpster.. you might as well have just dumped them in a bums butt crack.

The Mansion had to be shut down and cleaned for 3 hours today... all because some idiot thought it would be appropriate to dump grandma in the mansion..many people wernt able to enjoy the mansion because of it. i dont know about u, but i sure as hell dont wanna ride through the mansion breathing in fumes of grandma.... come on people....

twindaddy
11-18-2010, 09:28 PM
What time was this at? I was in the park till about six today, rode HM around 3pm and all was fine.

Mansion101
11-18-2010, 09:29 PM
What time was this at? I was in the park till about six today, rode HM around 3pm and all was fine.

im gonna say around 530-6pm

twindaddy
11-18-2010, 09:30 PM
And how do you know it was a grandma, not a grandpa? Or uncle? Or Aunt? Maybe the deceased didnt even have kids?

Mansion101
11-18-2010, 09:32 PM
And how do you know it was a grandma, not a grandpa? Or uncle? Or Aunt? Maybe the deceased didnt even have kids?

i was being lazy... i dont know who it was all i know is that my friend said they had to close it down because they found human ashes on the buggies and along the ride track

SigalTchelet
11-18-2010, 09:36 PM

Don't feed the troll, Twindaddy. I have him on my ignore list.

Mansion101
11-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Don't feed the troll, Twindaddy. I have him on my ignore list.

WTF is your problem

AVP
11-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Don't feed the troll, Twindaddy. I have him on my ignore list.Before this gets out of hand again, I'm just going to post a few friendly reminders:

1) If you think someone is being a troll, the best way to handle it is to a) bring the situation to the attention of the moderators and b) stop posting in response to that person. Trolls thrive on attention, and posting about them is just as rewarding for them as replying to them.

2) Announcing who is on your "Ignore" list is not only rude and inappropriate, but also a violation of the MousePad Community Policies (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=126414).

3) If you think a thread has no value, then don't post to it.

Thanks,

AVP
- for the moderators

Mansion101
11-18-2010, 09:54 PM
what the heck is a troll....? i post things that i actually wanna talk about. and since disney wont let cast members on these sites without getting in trouble, i cant really post anything without people thinking im BSing.....

seriouslly some of the members on here seem to like to attack random members because they got nothing better to do...

Drince88
11-19-2010, 04:22 AM
There are a number of CMs that post on MousePad.

disneyshoes
11-19-2010, 10:11 AM
Seriously? Hummm it really was just a post to talk about a ride closing...I actually stopped coming on Mouse Planet for awhile because if you look at the threads most of them end up in people arguing it seems as if anyone says ANYTHING that someone does not agree with they get VERY defensive... they even point out spelling, grammer it is just a waste of everyones time.

Grandpa Louie
11-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Yes, we certainly don't want to diminish and dilute the important topics like sacking the Flag Retreat squad, demolishing the Castle, or scattering grandma's ashes at the Haunted Mansion.

The old man
11-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Please remember I warned you about this person before. I wouldn't be able to mention it when he's gone.

houseofmouse
11-19-2010, 10:49 AM
There have been threads before about scattering ashes in HM. I can imagine my 16 yr old son posting stuff like that. Although it's not him and he does not have an account on here.

There are many many articles online about this very thing happening at DLand all you have to do is google it. They would have to shut down the ride as it is dangerous to inhale ashes.

BlkPearlCptn
11-19-2010, 12:13 PM
I've witnessed a number of memorial services being held at Disneyland (all very small and discrete), a couple of groups discretely scattering ashes (no one I knew) and, yes, I have two friends that were scattered there. (I didn't do the scattering, but know about it). So, it does happen.

newhdplayer
11-19-2010, 01:16 PM
I've witnessed a number of memorial services being held at Disneyland (all very small and discrete), a couple of groups discretely scattering ashes (no one I knew) and, yes, I have two friends that were scattered there. (I didn't do the scattering, but know about it). So, it does happen.

I'm not quite sure how to feel about this?

Happiest place on earth and all that, but still private property. Unless the deceased had PAP's, then it's OK.

BlkPearlCptn
11-19-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm not quite sure how to feel about this?

Happiest place on earth and all that, but still private property. Unless the deceased had PAP's, then it's OK.

They both had PAP's so I guess it's ok then.

One of my friends is a Supervisor there and we've talked about this. She told me that Disney estimates that there are literally thousands of people who have been scattered around the park over it's lifetime. (Yeah, I know..not legal...)

Disneyphile
11-19-2010, 02:23 PM
She told me that Disney estimates that there are literally thousands of people who have been scattered around the park over it's lifetime. (Yeah, I know..not legal...)Planters work well. The ashes help fertilize the soil and become part of the living trees and plants, especially with a "pinch here" and a "pinch there". No "shop vac/dumpster", and no need to shut a ride down, and no one notices.

I know of someone who has become "part of the living trees and plants" around the park. It's part of nature.

r-we-there-yet
11-19-2010, 02:27 PM
wow!:eek:

Toocherie
11-19-2010, 02:41 PM
I know of someone who has become "part of the living trees and plants" around the park. It's part of nature.

Hmmmm. Like the "Circle of Life"? Sorry--couldn't resist.

Usually these events end up in the news but I didn't see anything (although I didn't spend a lot of time looking).

Mansion101
11-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Hmmmm. Like the "Circle of Life"? Sorry--couldn't resist.

Usually these events end up in the news but I didn't see anything (although I didn't spend a lot of time looking).

not sure disney wants the world to know that there are ashes being scattered around there "Magic Kingdom"

olegc
11-19-2010, 06:21 PM
not sure disney wants the world to know that there are ashes being scattered around there "Magic Kingdom"

while I don't condone this kind of thing I thought it would totally fit for you not and not be such a nuisance as to shut down HM for 3 hours...

Disneylandfanguy
11-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Seriously? Hummm it really was just a post to talk about a ride closing...I actually stopped coming on Mouse Planet for awhile because if you look at the threads most of them end up in people arguing it seems as if anyone says ANYTHING that someone does not agree with they get VERY defensive... they even point out spelling, grammer it is just a waste of everyones time.

I know what you mean. Message boards can be like that, and it can be frustrating.

destinationdisney
11-20-2010, 05:33 AM

It seems as though some people are just waiting for the opportunity to attack.:confused:

The old man
11-20-2010, 06:00 AM

Everyone's

And no, it wasn't just a post to talk about a ride closing. With every post it becomes clearer we have another troll on our hands.

you realize your grandma is going to end up being vacumed and throw in the dumpster.. you might as well have just dumped them in a bums butt crack

Forget the grammar, nice sentence huh?