PDA

View Full Version : Grumpy/bored cast members

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mansion101
11-16-2010, 12:53 PM
ever see any cast members who seem bored and grumpy at an attraction. even at the mansion, i know they are suppose to be a bit creepy, but some of them just look bored and not seem to really care whats going on. its like they dont want to be there.... anyone else feel there experience at disney is altered by these cast members? dont get me wrong i see lots of great cast members but ive started noticing some of the others who arnt so happy...

shna
11-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Two words: capitalization & punctuation.

Without them, your posts are more challenging to read than they should be.

newhdplayer
11-16-2010, 02:41 PM
never mind

Tan Da Man
11-16-2010, 04:52 PM

no one likes a grammar nazi

Tinkermommy
11-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Mansion, I'm curious about something -- you've made two posts disparaging Disneyland cast members (the band thread, and the bored/grumpy CM thread) and two posts in which it sounds like you are a CM yourself (the "have you ever been put off a ride" thread, and this from the Maynard Sightings thread:

spoke to maynard after work today. he was at the tiki room. we were talking about how Disney no longer wants cast members to play a part. dancing,joking, being creepy at the mansion.... they try to discurage us from doing that. both maynard and few other cast members still try our best to make disney more interesting with great guest interaction.

Are you posting from the perspective of a cast member, or a guest? I don't mean to be confrontational; I'm just trying to understand these posts as a group.

houseofmouse
11-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Skipping what others have said:
In answer to the question, yes I have seen bored and grumpy CM's mostly teenaged aged looking. I love that they are supposed to play a part and it would truly detract from the DL experience if they are now told to be themselves. Some people are just better at being something creative then something else. Especially if their job depends on it. :) Otherwise Disneyland becomes more like a Knotts or Elitch's in terms of employees.

Mansion101
11-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Mansion, I'm curious about something -- you've made two posts disparaging Disneyland cast members (the band thread, and the bored/grumpy CM thread) and two posts in which it sounds like you are a CM yourself (the "have you ever been put off a ride" thread, and this from the Maynard Sightings thread:

Are you posting from the perspective of a cast member, or a guest? I don't mean to be confrontational; I'm just trying to understand these posts as a group.

lol im an AP, i work for Knotts.... i hate it there lol i just have higher expectations for disney lol, knotts is just bad lol i dont expect much from it, but disney is different

Mansion101
11-16-2010, 06:33 PM

im not writing a mid-term paper....

Tinkermommy
11-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Thank you for the explanation!

I get what you're saying about Knott's. I grew up with Knott's (I'm old, LOL) and loved it as a kid. But two years ago, I chaperoned a 7th grade field trip there, and was disappointed for the kids, who spent two hours on a bus to get there. It just wasn't what I remembered. (Then again, what is? :p)

Toward the end of the day, for example, they all got in line for a final ride on the river raft ride. They finally made it to the front of the line just as closing time hit. The ride operators made them leave. The group I was chaperoning consisted mostly of Disneyland AP holders, and they were SO disappointed! At Disneyland, they would have been able to go on the ride, since they'd been in line long before closing. Ah, well.

In any case, thank you for putting it into perspective for me!

Mansion101
11-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Thank you for the explanation!

I get what you're saying about Knott's. I grew up with Knott's (I'm old, LOL) and loved it as a kid. But two years ago, I chaperoned a 7th grade field trip there, and was disappointed for the kids, who spent two hours on a bus to get there. It just wasn't what I remembered. (Then again, what is? :p)

Toward the end of the day, for example, they all got in line for a final ride on the river raft ride. They finally made it to the front of the line just as closing time hit. The ride operators made them leave. The group I was chaperoning consisted mostly of Disneyland AP holders, and they were SO disappointed! At Disneyland, they would have been able to go on the ride, since they'd been in line long before closing. Ah, well.

In any case, thank you for putting it into perspective for me!

thats interesting because we close our line at closing time and keep running the attraction until the line is clear... ive never heard of anyone asking a guest to leave the attraction after waiting in line.... you should have went to guest relations...not sure if they would have done much lol

KDCartoons
11-16-2010, 07:42 PM

But you are supposed to be communicating.
Others take the time to write properly for your benefit and entertainment--why not return the favour?
Consider a reading properly written post to be a courtesy granted to you, and its one that you can return to everyone else.

If you think what YOU have to say is important, then treat it as such.
Otherwise, why bother, right?

Mansion101
11-16-2010, 08:02 PM
But you are supposed to be communicating.
Others take the time to write properly for your benefit and entertainment--why not return the favour?
Consider a reading properly written post to be a courtesy granted to you, and its one that you can return to everyone else.

If you think what YOU have to say is important, then treat it as such.
Otherwise, why bother, right?

honesty, i could care less if anyone reads my post. lol i just put my opinion out there, and if you want to read it, you do. my gramar and punctuation has never been easy for me. unless it is completly nessecary i prefer not to.

gibson510
11-16-2010, 09:35 PM
This is a topic that surfaces quite frequently. I even started a thread about it a couple years back.

It is my understanding that Disney still pushes for the highest possible customer service standards. It's almost down to a science.

That said, some people are going to slip through the cracks. In my own experience, most CM's are great and I tend to take that for granted. Which is why those that are not quite up to par tend to stand out. That's my 2 cents anyway.

SigalTchelet
11-16-2010, 10:53 PM

No, but it is just common courtesy to use punctuation. If you want to get your point across, and not have people questioning what you wrote, you just might want to use it.

And I have not encountered bored nor grumpy CM. I guess I just look for the glass is half full, instead of half empty. I would rather look for the positive instead of the negative.

oregontraveler
11-17-2010, 02:52 AM
No, but it is just common courtesy to use punctuation. If you want to get your point across, and not have people questioning what you wrote, you just might want to use it.

And I have not encountered bored nor grumpy CM. I guess I just look for the glass is half full, instead of half empty. I would rather look for the positive instead of the negative.

You took the words right out of my mouth, on both counts... LOL

JennyWren
11-17-2010, 03:50 AM
Any time that you write, whether it is a mid-term or a simple post, you should consider the product to be an extention of yourself. After all, that paper or post represents you to whomever reads it. If it is sloppy, poorly written, disorganized or shows a geniune lack of care that is how you will be interpreted as being in person. You should always strive to put your best foot forward, especially if you are using your written words to criticize how others come across.

The old man
11-17-2010, 05:18 AM
no one likes a grammar nazi
I do--Nazi is capitalized.

Anyway haven't we beaten this subject to death? Most of the castmembers are human beings, they can't always get it up. Yes, it's too bad, but perhaps one day they'll all be replaced with ever-smiling automatons.

The old man
11-17-2010, 05:22 AM
honesty, i could care less if anyone reads my post. lol i just put my opinion out there, and if you want to read it, you do. my gramar and punctuation has never been easy for me. unless it is completly nessecary i prefer not to.

I have encountered a grump (sic)/bored poster.

Wombat66
11-17-2010, 07:10 AM
honesty, i could care less if anyone reads my post.

Of course you do, or else you wouldn't be posting. Seriously, if you really DO feel that way, why post at all?

Wombat66
11-17-2010, 07:26 AM
Anyway... Back on topic. I'm sure there are bored and occasionally grumpy cast members at Disney. Fortunately, I have yet to ever encounter one and as an AP I visit frequently.

DaDuckFan1955
11-17-2010, 08:50 AM
letsnotbenitpickinggrammar:fez:

Let's not be nitpicking grammar (is what this says above) :cool: unless you are a frustrated English Teacher?

:p:mad::eek::rolleyes::|

Mansion101
11-17-2010, 10:50 AM
why cant you guys ever stay on topic....
i swear no wonder there arnt many people posting on mouseplanet.
you guys all just attack someone for the stupidest reasons

Disneylandfanguy
11-17-2010, 10:52 AM
That said, some people are going to slip through the cracks. In my own experience, most CM's are great and I tend to take that for granted. Which is why those that are not quite up to par tend to stand out. That's my 2 cents anyway.

I agree with that.

stan4d_steph
11-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Folks, stick to discussing the subject at hand, not nitpicking someone's English skills.

Mansion101
11-17-2010, 11:10 AM
I do--Nazi is capitalized.

Anyway haven't we beaten this subject to death? Most of the castmembers are human beings, they can't always get it up. Yes, it's too bad, but perhaps one day they'll all be replaced with ever-smiling automatons.

At Disney you are hired as a "Cast Member" meaning they must play a role in the show at all times while "on stage".

If they cant meet the standards, then maybe its time for them to leave disney and go work for six Flags.

That wouldnt make sense. replacing cast members with Automatons and Anamatronics would just look stupid and would take the magic out of disneyland. Cast Members are part of the Disneyland Experience. < if you havent noticed yeah, im being a pain in the butt as well by picking at this one.