PDA

View Full Version : Main street paving!? Splash refurb!

Dizzy4DL
11-15-2010, 07:40 AM
How will the Main Street paving (1/18-3/4) affect guests? Has anyone seen how they go about it?
We will be there right in the middle of the project.

I'm so sorry my daughter won't get to ride the double-decker. I know she really wants to. :(
Not to mention the fact that Splash will be down (1/18-5/26) while we're there too. :crying:

dznyphreak
11-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Usually the repaving doesn't affect traffic flow too much. They purposefully do it in little sections at a time to prevent any major problems, and the sections are walled off so you can't walk on them. And since they're doing it in the "off-season," crowds on Main St. shouldn't be much of an issue anyways.

Tinkermommy
11-15-2010, 08:26 AM
How will the Main Street paving (1/18-3/4) affect guests?

It will make this guest very much want to stick her hands in the pavement before it's dry! (Fortunately, I have a lot of self-control.) :p

Dizzy4DL
11-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Usually the repaving doesn't affect traffic flow too much. They purposefully do it in little sections at a time to prevent any major problems, and the sections are walled off so you can't walk on them. And since they're doing it in the "off-season," crowds on Main St. shouldn't be much of an issue anyways.

Thanks, that sounds pretty easy to deal with. It was a bit of a shock to read the update this morning and see that they would be paving while we were there. Visions of heavy equipment were dancing in my head. ;)

It will make this guest very much want to stick her hands in the pavement before it's dry! (Fortunately, I have a lot of self-control.) :p

LOL!! :D

dznyphreak
11-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks, that sounds pretty easy to deal with. It was a bit of a shock to read the update this morning and see that they would be paving while we were there. Visions of heavy equipment were dancing in my head. ;)

I've been to the parks during paving projects before and can't remember ever seeing work done during the day, let alone equipment out in the open. It's really not very intrusive at all. :)

DisneyManders
11-16-2010, 07:57 AM
Thanks for this info! I was also wondering the same thing. I figured they would probably do it in sections! Otherwise people would not want to shop, and Disney wants people to shop on Mainstreet!!;)

Dizzy4DL
11-16-2010, 08:37 AM
I've been to the parks during paving projects before and can't remember ever seeing work done during the day, let alone equipment out in the open. It's really not very intrusive at all. :)

Great! There's enough "road" work around here, I don't need to go to DL to see it. ;)

Disney wants people to shop on Mainstreet!!;)

What! :eek: Disney wants us to shop?! I didn't notice that at all. :D LOL!

DisneyManders
11-16-2010, 02:15 PM
What! :eek: Disney wants us to shop?! I didn't notice that at all. :D LOL!

I know!! SHOCKING!!:eek:;)