PDA

View Full Version : Deeply Disturbed

DL4EVER
04-22-2003, 04:40 PM
I poked my head over into the Disney World forum and found out that the animal kingdom coaster(Expedition EVEREST) is set to open in 2006 and originally, that shocked me and then I thought about something that disturbed me.....in about the same time it is taking them to build ONE ride(which sounds like it will be great), they built California Adventure, so for the time they take to make one great ride, they produce a park that most dislike....personally, I love DCA and think it is great for what it is, for it must be looked at as a sepperate park from Disneyland and not meant to compete with Disneyland, but with Disneyland right across the esplanade, that is a rather hard thing to keep people from thinking.......

If my memory serves me correct, I came up with 3 years being the time DCA was built in, because during our 1998 trip, they had already dug up the area.

I may be incorrect in this next statement, but I think the park is a great park considering that it was built in Disneyland's old parking lot......

But after reading about the Expedition EVEREST ride, I am kind of deeply upset about the fact that they are building one ride in the time they built a theme park.....now if only Pooh received time like that or at least a year or two. I hope that more HIGH-QUALITY disney rides come to disneyland sometime soon, at least use the festival of fools area for something, even if it is just for some stupid show or something of that sort.......

Well, that is my first rant type thing I've posted here. DL4EVER out!

jtracy
04-23-2003, 12:10 PM
Disneyland can learn a lot from Magic Mountain (wow - thought I'd never be saying that!). Six Flags Magic Mountain announces a new roller coaster, then they have it up and running in about 5-6 months of the announcement (barring no technical difficulties during the testing phase). This makes the announcement a lot more timely. The track has already been made and is being shipped to the park at the time the announcement is made. Then people see immediate construction begin.

With Disney's Animal Kingdom announcement - waiting three years for a new coaster there seems a bit far fetched. It definitely gives them plenty of time to cancel the project before they are fully committed.

Just my humble opinion and, as always, submitted respectfully.

hbquikcomjamesl
04-23-2003, 12:22 PM
Six Flags Magic Mountain announces a new roller coaster, then they have it up and running in about 5-6 months of the announcementAh, but the various Six Flags parks HAVE simple, ordinary rollercoasters. How many Disney attractions can you think of that are JUST simple, ordinary rollercoasters? About the only ones I can think of are Gadget's Go-Coaster and Mulholland Mistake (both of which have more theming than the most heavily themed rollercoasters in most parks), and MAYBE Screamin' and R'n'R.

lazyboy97O
04-23-2003, 12:51 PM
yes, three years is a lot of time for a ride, but hopefully it will be very good. It will most olikely not be like the orininal version of matterhorn Mountain where there is nothing inside, just a shell. This may also have to do with getting building permits and other things in order to build the ride. Either way, it better be good, or I'll be ****ed.

As for DCA, I haven't been there but haven't heard much good. But then again, Disneyland was still in planning in 1954 and when it opened it was no Disneyland.

merlinjones
04-23-2003, 01:13 PM
>>But then again, Disneyland was still in planning in 1954 and when it opened it was no Disneyland.<<

Untrue spin.

Fact: Despite opening day misfires, Disneyland was a huge innovation in the amusement industry and was acclaimed by the general public and became a pop culture success from day one. Disneyland WAS Disneyland even then.

DCA will never be that - - it has no underpinnings or subtext or POV or artistic content in concept and execution as like Disneyland always did.

Disneyland was and is more than the sum of its rides.

Baloo
04-23-2003, 05:41 PM
well lets just say one thing.

When you are building a wjole them park not only do you have a main contractot doing it all. Each section and attraction has several contractors working throughout the day all at approximately the same time with the same amount of hoursin a day.

When bulding one attraction you have one main contractor that has it's divisions working on the sperate parts of the attraction. Many times things cannot go ahead until one is done and all permits have been issued to continue.

tod
04-23-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by lazyboy97O
Disneyland was still in planning in 1954 and when it opened it was no Disneyland.

Disneyland had one million guests in its first seven weeks.

I don't think DCA has had a million guests yet.;)

--T

newhdplayer
04-23-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
Ah, but the various Six Flags parks HAVE simple, ordinary rollercoasters. How many Disney attractions can you think of that are JUST simple, ordinary rollercoasters? About the only ones I can think of are Gadget's Go-Coaster and Mulholland Mistake (both of which have more theming than the most heavily themed rollercoasters in most parks), and MAYBE Screamin' and R'n'R.

What about all the other ones in Disneyland. Face it, all of the coasters are ordinary, but cleverly disguised with theming, effects, and various other means of distracting you from the reality of generic-ness(made up word).