PDA

View Full Version : Holiday fireworks "test"; ElecTRONica added 11/11

AVP
11-11-2010, 12:17 PM
It looks like today is shaping up to be an especially "entertaining" day at the Disneyland Resort. We already knew that the final performances of "Celebrate... A Street Parade" are today at 3:00 and 6:00 pm, but cast member friends tell me that Disney has decided to ADD an extra night of ElecTRONica tonight starting at 6pm, AND show a 'test' of Disneyland's holiday fireworks at 8:40pm. Combine this with the rumored return of the Maleficent dragon during tonight's performances of Fantasmic, and you've got a perfect entertainment storm... which was likely deliberately scheduled to give park operations managers and crowd control cast members a chance to work out some of the kinks of the new holiday entertainment schedule before the season officially begins tomorrow.

If you feel like making a last-minute trip to the Resort to catch some/all of the entertainment tonight, here's the updated schedule. Keep in mind that Disney would not confirm that there will be fireworks tonight, and the show may be canceled due to weather.

Celebrate... A Street Parade: 3 and 6
Pixar Play Parade: 5:15
ElecTRONica: 6 - 9*
Laserman: 7:40 and 8:45*
World of Color: 8 and 9:15
Believe... in Holiday Magic fireworks: 8:40*
Fantasmic: 9 and 10:15

*not on Disneyland.com schedule; may be canceled without warning

AVP

disney42dude
11-11-2010, 03:21 PM
ElecTRONica was scheduled for this evening on the "Times Guide" I picked up at the gate on Tuesday.

Tinkermommy
11-12-2010, 06:31 AM
This was a nice surprise last night! The kids were disappointed when we entered DCA and saw the big electronic billboard that said it was only Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. (We didn't pick up a schedule. D'oh!) I thought it weird that they wouldn't offer it on a typically crowded holiday. I didn't see it, as some of us waited in the WOC line, but the kids (three teens and two 9-year-olds) LOVED it!

danyoung
11-12-2010, 07:48 AM
So what of Murphy? Did she come out to play?