PDA

View Full Version : SBC reps = Club 33 tickets?

mcampisi
04-22-2003, 11:35 AM
This may have only worked in my scenario but I just got out of a meeting with some of our account reps from SBC. Of course I have a lot of Disney toys around my office so when she commented about if I had ever been to Club 33, I knew what she was driving at. I told her that I had been but I would love to go again since it's been 6 years.

She told me that SBC is a member and they give tickets out to clients and employees as special merits (or in this case as a sales tool I assume). So anyway, long story short, best meeting of my life. Better long distance rates and a reservation for 2 at Club 33!

mousey_girl
04-22-2003, 11:41 AM
not ALL SBC reps would be able to enjoy this...

Rallymonkey23
04-22-2003, 11:49 AM
I'm a SBC customer. Ya think they can help me out? :D

mousey_girl
04-22-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
I'm a SBC customer. Ya think they can help me out? :D

lol I am a SBC rep and I will NEVER see the inside of C33 unless I do it without their help.

Bill Catherall
04-22-2003, 11:57 AM
Hey! I just switched my long distance to SBC and all I got was a lousy $20 voucher (and a heck of a great deal). Maybe I should have held out for the Club 33 dinner for two? ;)

innerSpaceman
04-22-2003, 12:04 PM
I miss PacBell ! I've been highjacked by SBC. So tell SBC that I will switch carriers unless I get a Club 33 invitation really soon.

mcampisi
04-22-2003, 12:05 PM
In case I didn't really make it clear, this wasn't for home service, this was for the company I work for. I'm sure the fact that we have 53 phone lines and 4 T1's helped my cause.

SoCalSnowWhite
04-22-2003, 01:24 PM
What??!!!!! Does this go for any employees or just account reps? My husband works for SBC, so come on...what's the secret? This could be a great present for me!!!;)

Bill Catherall
04-22-2003, 02:28 PM
Note to self: Look into getting 53 phone lines and 4 T1s.

mcampisi - I hope your company doesn't have a policy against accepting gifts from suppliers.

lha9310
04-22-2003, 03:30 PM
what is SBC LOL I know I should know this.

Not Afraid
04-22-2003, 05:07 PM
Charming Shoppe is across the street from SBC. I hear all sorts of stories about going to Club 33 for "milestone" anniversaries or as rewards for BIG projects completed. A regular CS customer and SBC employee has gotten to go to C33 as a reward 5 times!

It is nice that they use their membership as an employee incentive. What a great idea!

mousey_girl
04-22-2003, 07:48 PM
Just to make sure everyone understands, this is NOT a perk that "regular" employees get. Heck when SBC owned a private sky box thingy for our local hockey team we weren't even allowed to use it when no one else was... For us regular reps, we have to provide our own office supplies!

sorry, mini-rant over

daveinMN
04-22-2003, 09:06 PM
I've been to Club 33 twice, both times because I was an employee of AT&T. They had a membership too. With SBC, you probably can contact the Marketing Department to get tickets. That is what we did. My manager arranged it. Those were the two best dinners I have ever had, and experiences I will never forget.

Dave

MammaSilva
04-22-2003, 09:41 PM
Just out of curiosity.... maybe one of you lucky diners can shed some light on this one... I've heard that entrance to the park is "free" with the reservation, .. here is the question? Do you get a special ticket that says club 33 on it to get thru the gates to get to the club or do they just give you an ordinary "pass" ticket ?

SoCalSnowWhite
04-22-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by lha9310
what is SBC LOL I know I should know this.

The phone company formerly known as Pacific Bell and SBC Pacific Bell, now just SBC.

Wizard69
04-23-2003, 08:37 PM
Just out of curiosity.... maybe one of you lucky diners can shed some light on this one... I've heard that entrance to the park is "free" with the reservation, .. here is the question? Do you get a special ticket that says club 33 on it to get thru the gates to get to the club or do they just give you an ordinary "pass" ticket ?

It is a regular park ticket but on the back is stamped "Club 33". (Not that the stamp really means anything special or do you get special privileges within the park. It's more for the guests to feel special (that's what I believe).

To get to the club, enter the park, walk to New Orleans Square and to the door (everyone in your party has to be there). Ring the bell and tell them your name and they will open the door for you to come in.

LilSimba
04-29-2003, 04:42 AM
I can speak firsthand on this. My father is an SBC (Former PacBell) employee and recently celebrated his 20 year service anniversary with the company, and yes, the honor they bestowed to him was a trip to Club 33. They let us bring as many people as we could care to, however they only paid up for four meals, and the price cap they were willing to pay up was underneath the price of one meal, but that didn't matter to me. His boss was thrilled because she got to go too - meal on the company, trip to Disneyland included as well.

I can attest to the special "Club 33" admission media, however it's not stamped per se. It's merely one of the "Disneyland Resort" tickets with a message indicating that it is for a Club 33 guest. (There are a ridiculous number of variations on that ticket - General Comps, Employee Comps (with the employee's name), temp AP, AP blockout makeup, Fastpass-only Card, Shopper Pass, you name it, plus the standard tickets.) It does not get you into Club 33, just the park. You need to have the seperate reservations.

But to clarify, yes SBC does have a corporate membership to Club 33 and it can be used by regular employees as an award for achievements.

mcampisi
04-29-2003, 05:42 AM
The next trick is getting the rep on the phone again to get the date of the reservation! I swear SBC is a nightmare to deal with, even when you are getting Club 33 reservations out of them!! ;)

SoCalSnowWhite
04-29-2003, 10:56 AM
I want to gooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband's manager loves him, maybe I'll tell him to hint around to her how badly his wife wants to go to Club 33.....will that work?:~D