PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel question

Blanche
04-22-2003, 11:18 AM
We are going to Disneyland soon and have a reservation at the Disneyland Hotel. I've stayed at the Paradise Pier and Grand Californian several times in the past few years, but haven't stayed at the DLH for more than 20 years. Can anyone tell me the names of the towers and their differences? Which would you recommend we ask for? The reservationist was not about to give an opinion and I was told that it would not be assigned until chek-in anyway. We have a lower room and a choice between a DTD or pool view. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Duane
04-22-2003, 11:34 AM
The Sierra tower is the one which overlooks downtown Disney and a partial view into the Magic kingdom. I prefer this tower.

innerSpaceman
04-22-2003, 11:41 AM
The three towers are the Marina, the Bonita and the Sierra.

The Marina Tower is where the registration desk is located. It used to have a nice lobby area, but that has been converted to retail a few years back. I don't know about the rooms in this tower, because the presence of check-in and stores has made this one too busy a place for my tastes - but might be right for you if you'd like to be close to those amenities. Views are either toward the Neverland Pool or toward the lovely Mickey&Friends parking structure.

The Bonita Tower is the newest of the three (though hardly new by any measure). The rooms are nice and of a decent size. This tower is directly adjacent to the waterfalls and the koi fish pond. Very nice environs. Views are either toward the Neverland Pool or towards residential Anaheim.

The Sierra Tower is the oldest tower and therefore generally has the largest rooms. Closest to Downtown Disney, the monorail station, and the theme parks. Views are either toward the Neverland Pool or Downtown Disney and the parks. Personally, I always request a room in the Sierra Tower because the view is good in either direction and the rooms are the largest at the hotel.

Hope that was informative. Enjoy your stay at the Disneyland Resort!

Blanche
04-22-2003, 12:14 PM
Thank you both for your descriptions and recommendations.