PDA

View Full Version : Annual Passholder - Early Shopping Opportunity - Saturday, December 4, 2010

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
11-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Received from Disneyland:

Save the Date!!

Annual Passholder - Early Shopping Opportunity
Saturday, December 4, 2010
6:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
World of Disney® Store, Downtown Disney® District, Disneyland® Resort

Passholders may enjoy an early morning shopping experience on Dec. 4 at World of Disney® store in the Downtown Disney® District in California from 6:30 - 9:00 a.m. Find incredible discounts of up to 50% and 75% off select items, plus door busters, surprise markdowns and more. In addition, the first 1,000 World of Disney® store shoppers at the California location will receive a complimentary gift.*

In the spirit of the tradition Walt Disney started many years ago, we invite you to join us along with our military and firefighters as we host a Toys for Tots drive during the early shopping opportunity at the World of Disney® store. We encourage you to participate by bringing an unwrapped toy to donate (valued at $10 or more). Please continue to watch for more information.

*Complimentary gift available to the first 1000 early shoppers at the World of Disney® store at the Disneyland® Resort, while supplies last. A valid Disneyland® Resort Annual Passholder ID is required to enter World of Disney® store for the early shopping opportunity and must be presented at time of purchase to receive offers. Other restrictions may apply. Subject to change without notice. Wristbands for the complimentary gift will be distributed prior to opening. Only the first 1000 Guests who present a valid Annual Passport will receive a wristband. Annual Passport Guests may bring family and friends. One person in the party must present a valid Annual Passport to enter the World of Disney® Store for the early shopping opportunity. We ask that you do not queue prior to 6:00 a.m. We ask that you please use Mickey & Friends parking structure or the Downtown Disney® parking lot. Downtown Disney® parking fees will apply after 10:00 AM. Not valid on previous purchases or on phone, email, online or mail order purchases. Merchandise and offers valid while supplies last. Information and offers are subject to change or cancellation without notice.

Pammer
11-09-2010, 11:52 AM
YAY...if all goes well, I'll be there shopping that morning! :D

lola2009
11-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Ok now Im really trying to plan a quickie trip that weekend.

janell
11-09-2010, 01:47 PM
So what kinds of things do they have on sale? Everything or just somethings?

lola2009
11-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Janell- I went to the one last April and there was a bunch of stuff on sale. Id say it was probably older merchandise but lots of t shirts, sweatshirts, coffee mugs, stuffed animals, kids jammies, purses ( I didnt see any Dooneys like some people did. Alot of $5 bins.We came home with a bunch of stuff and you get your AP discount.

janell
11-09-2010, 02:38 PM
lola2009-thank you for the info. It helps in trying to figure out if I want to stand in that long line. lol I'll have to put my christmas shopping list together and see if I need Disney items. Thank you for your help.

Kuzcofan
11-09-2010, 03:30 PM
this is on the D23 web page. Is this D23 members only? same date and time: Kind of confusing. I wonder how this is going to go over:

1.02.10 - D23 Members have a unique opportunity to enjoy special perks this season at Disneyland Resort.

D23 Members may enjoy an early morning shopping experience on Dec. 4 at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney at Disneyland from 6:30 to 9:00 a.m.
D23 Members may enjoy an early morning shopping experience on December 4 at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney at Disneyland from 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.* Find incredible discounts of up to 50% and 75% off select items, plus door busters, surprise markdowns and more. In addition, the first 1,000 World of Disney shoppers at the California location will receive a complimentary gift.

In the spirit of the tradition Walt Disney started many years ago, we invite you to join us along with our military and firefighters as we host a Toys for Tots drive during the early shopping opportunity at the World of Disney store. We encourage you to participate by bringing an unwrapped toy to donate (valued at $10 or more). Find out more about these special offers on www.ArtofDisneyParks.com.

Remember to present your D23 Membership Card along with a government-issued photo ID to take advantage of these offers.

* D23 Member offers are only available on date referenced above at the listed location. Complimentary gift available to the first 1,000 Guests at World of Disney at Disneyland Resort, available while supplies last. Merchandise offers valid while supplies last. Offers not valid on any previous purchases or for phone, e-mail or mail orders. Valid D23 Membership Card must be presented at time of purchase. Other restrictions may apply. Information subject to change without notice. Each person in the party must present a valid D23 Membership Card to enter the World of Disney Store for the early shopping opportunity.

kidrericha
11-09-2010, 03:31 PM
What kind of crowd does this usually attract? Is it a "be there and get in line early" situation?

olegc
11-09-2010, 03:57 PM
What kind of crowd does this usually attract? Is it a "be there and get in line early" situation?
yes - if you want to get the free gift and/or have the widest selection of merchandise.

this is on the D23 web page. Is this D23 members only? same date and time: Kind of confusing. I wonder how this is going to go over:

I thing they are simply making the same sale available to D23 members as they are to AP holders. It's par for the course these days - they treat both groups as mutualy exclusive in order to capture the widest audience.

Unfortunately I will have to miss this AGAIN because i have a previous engagement I must attend (involves a trombone and two cross town rivals in Pasadena):)

fairestoneofall
11-09-2010, 04:07 PM
We just happened to be at the DLR that weekend last year with DFF4 and family. The lines were crazy long before the store even opened. I wasn't brave enough to stand there. If I remember correctly, DFF4 did though.

kidrericha
11-09-2010, 04:08 PM
yes - if you want to get the free gift and/or have the widest selection of merchandise.

What time should one get there?

Malcon10t
11-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Last one I read about, people started trying to line up at 4am.

olegc
11-09-2010, 04:19 PM

yeah - the sale starts at 630 - I would not get there any later than 5 if you want to be sure. first 1000 should be covered.. not saying that 1000 will be there at 5, but it could be several hundred.

Sleeping Beauty's mom
11-09-2010, 09:09 PM
went to the last one they had during the summer, they wouldn't let people line up early like 0400, closer to 0600.
the special gift was MM ears that said the big cheese on them and had Mickey's signature. Everyone in the group had to have an AP.

I'm planning on going again in December, who am I to turn down something on sale???

foolishmortal
11-09-2010, 09:41 PM
darn I miss this one by 1 day!:(

Kuzcofan
11-10-2010, 04:14 PM

The small print says not to line up before 6:00am

will the parking structure be open early for this? The park doesn't open until 8:00am so usually that means the parking structure doesn't open until 7:00am

AVP
11-10-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm trying to get some details from Disney about parking and such for this event. I'll post what I learn here.

AVP

Mommy2NicknMax
11-10-2010, 04:44 PM
I went to this last year. We had to park in DtD. It was free and for longer than 3 hours (or whatever the time limit is). I got there super early to get the free thing. It turned out to be a Vinalmation thing. I don't collect them but the kids thought it was interesting. Anyway, the stuff "on sale" was actually stuff from the Character Warehouse that was marked UP. Yeah, seriously. :rolleyes: Nothing really mind blowing. Now that is my opinion so please take it as such and do what is best for you. Maybe they will do better this year. I just felt bad for the people grabbing the stuff up like it was such a great savings, when they could have gotten it for much less just up the road.

JunJunM3
11-18-2010, 08:13 AM
Hi! I just want to make this clear. My nieces/nephews all want to shop that day but they are not AP holders. I read in the release that...

"AP guests may bring family and friends. One person in the party must present a valid Annual Passport to enter the World of Disney® Store for the early shopping opportunity"

Is there a limit to how many I can bring with me?

lola2009
11-18-2010, 08:17 AM
AVP- Have you gotten any additional info, like what will be on sale? :)

kidrericha
11-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Anyway, the stuff "on sale" was actually stuff from the Character Warehouse that was marked UP.
Oh, jeez. I had totally planned on doing this, but if that's really the case, forget it. I would be so aggravated.

Malcon10t
11-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Hi! I just want to make this clear. My nieces/nephews all want to shop that day but they are not AP holders. I read in the release that...

"AP guests may bring family and friends. One person in the party must present a valid Annual Passport to enter the World of Disney® Store for the early shopping opportunity"

Is there a limit to how many I can bring with me?In the past it was limited to 6 per AP.

JunJunM3
11-18-2010, 09:58 PM
In the past it was limited to 6 per AP.

I see. If that's how it is then we should be good since there'll be 4 of us overall. Thanks a lot!

AVP
11-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Here's the updated info from Disney:

Passholder, D23 Member, Disney Vacation Club Member and Club 33 Member Early Shopping Opportunity

Saturday, December 4, 2010
6:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
World of Disney® Store, Downtown Disney® District, Disneyland® Resort

Passholders, D23 Members, Disney Vacation Club Members and Club 33 Members may enjoy an early morning shopping experience on Dec. 4 at World of Disney® store in the Downtown Disney® District in California from 6:30 - 9:00 a.m. Find incredible discounts of up to 50% and 75% off select items, plus door busters, surprise markdowns and more. In addition, the first 1,000 World of Disney® store shoppers at the California location will receive a complimentary gift.*

In the spirit of the tradition Walt Disney started many years ago, we invite you to join us along with our military and firefighters as we host a Toys for Tots drive during the early shopping opportunity at the World of Disney® store. We encourage you to participate by bringing an unwrapped toy to donate (valued at $10 or more).

*Complimentary gift available to the first 1000 early shoppers at the World of Disney® store at the Disneyland® Resort, while supplies last. A valid Disneyland® Resort Passholder ID, D23, Disney Vacation Club or Club 33 I.D. is required to enter World of Disney® store for the early shopping opportunity and must be presented at time of purchase to receive offers. Other restrictions may apply. Subject to change without notice. Wristbands for the complimentary gift will be distributed prior to opening. Only the first 1000 Guests who present a valid Annual Passport will receive a wristband. Passholders, D23 Members, Disney Vacation Club Members and Club 33 Members may bring family and friends, however one person in the party must present a valid corresponding I.D. (Passholder Passport, D23 Member I.D., Disney Vacation Club Member I.D. or Club 33 Member I.D.) to enter the World of Disney® Store for the early shopping opportunity. We ask that you do not queue prior to 5:45 a.m. Arriving Guests will be directed to queue up behind Rainforest Café® near the Downtown Disney® District Valet Kiosk. We ask that you please park in the Downtown Disney® District parking lot. Downtown Disney® parking fees will apply after 10:00 AM. Not valid on previous purchases or on phone, email, online or mail order purchases. Merchandise and offers valid while supplies last. Information and offers are subject to change or cancellation without notice.

Malcon10t
11-19-2010, 04:56 AM
Wristbands for the complimentary gift will be distributed prior to opening. Only the first 1000 Guests who present a valid Annual Passport will receive a wristband. Passholders, D23 Members, Disney Vacation Club Members and Club 33 Members may bring family and friends, however o[/SIZE][/FONT]ne person in the party must present a valid corresponding I.D. (Passholder Passport, D23 Member I.D., Disney Vacation Club Member I.D. or Club 33 Member I.D.) to enter the World of Disney® Store for the early shopping opportunity.

OK, so if you bring friends, or if you are a D23/DVC/C33 member, you are not eligible for the free gift? Interesting!