PDA

View Full Version : Deliveries prior to arrival?

chelbell
04-21-2003, 10:31 AM
Has anyone ever had anything delivered to their rooms prior to their arrival, like for their kids? (staying at DLH). I have some ideas, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated? My daughter is 3 1/2 and my son is 10. They have both been to Disneyland before, but I want to do something special this time. Thanks!!

:) :) :) :) :)

cemeinke
04-21-2003, 10:42 AM
I tried to have flowers delivered to our room for my wife's birthday but for some reason they weren't able to do it.

Found them the next morning resting on the cadenza in the guest relations office where one CM said they didn't know anything about it while the other CM noticed the card on the flowers matched my wife's name :rolleyes:

I think this was unusual for them, but I'd call to confirm before you checked in, just to make sure.

MouseWife
04-21-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by cemeinke

Found them the next morning resting on the cadenza in the guest relations office where one CM said they didn't know anything about it while the other CM noticed the card on the flowers matched my wife's name :rolleyes:

What a bunch of putzes. :rolleyes:

downingfamily1
04-21-2003, 11:50 AM
When we went in March of this year I called ahead and had them make up baskets for the kids in our party. I specified how much per basket and what kinds of things I wanted. They did an awesome job. The baskets were put together really nicely and I got way more stuff than I thought I would for $25. They also included an autographed character picture with each basket.
The only drawback was that they were not in the rooms when we checked in. They make the deliveries at certain times only. They did call ahead so we were able to leave the room so they could set everything up. It all worked out great in the end.

Oh, if you decide to do it and they offer to do mylar balloons they forget to mention that those come through a separate department. Luckily I was in the room when they brought the baskets and was able to get the balloons there before the kids got back.

Hope this helps
-Julie