PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian question

scaeagles
04-21-2003, 08:59 AM
I will be staying at the GC in late July/early August. We are staying in a standard room/standard view (all we could afford :crying: ). Are there any floors or particular areas that are better than others? Does anyone have any recommendations as to if i should request a specific floor or area of the hotel within the type of room I have?

Grandbreaker
04-21-2003, 11:29 AM
2350-56 LOOKS AT THE POOL AND MM @ DCA

ESS Heckler
04-21-2003, 12:10 PM
You may want to ask for a room close to the elevator, if you have small children or long walks are an issue.

I was at the GC in February and had a 'view' of the courtyard. The monorail runs through the courtyard (it's virtually silent - you don't even know it's there unless you're looking for it) other than that, the 'courtyard' view is pretty dull.

daannzzz
04-21-2003, 03:56 PM
We too could only afford a standard room and I didn't want to look out over Disneyland Drive so I requested the "monorail courtyard" which is a large courtyard surrounded by rooms. It has some redwood trees and gardens and the monorail runs through it. Our room was only about 15 feet from it. There is a space between the buildings that we could see into Downtown Disney just a bit. Not all of the rooms in the couryard face the gap in the buildings. But it was a quiet and pleasant view.