PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Resort's Policy on heelies?

Gandalf
08-05-2001, 09:45 PM
We saw our first "heelies?" (not quite sure of the spelling) Two kids were using them over by the backside of BTR. Does Disney have a policy about the use of them? I don't know if they are in the same category as skateboards, rollerblades, etc. They looked to be about fifteen. We asked how they were moving so smoothly & they showed us the wheel on the bottom of their shoes. They said they bought them at a shoe place called Journies.

oregonzooron
08-06-2001, 08:42 AM
I don't know about DL, but we have dealt with this a few times at the Oregon Zoo.

These raise the same issues as rollerblades, and are not allowed in the zoo.

DisneylandKid
08-06-2001, 10:08 AM
I've seen many of those in DTD, DL, and DCA. If people use them wisely, I don't see a problem with them. However, some of them cut through the crowd with them, and it is very annoying.

Gandalf
08-06-2001, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandKid
I've seen many of those in DTD, DL, and DCA. If people use them wisely, I don't see a problem with them. However, some of them cut through the crowd with them, and it is very annoying.
They weren't cutting through the crowd and were very well mannered. Even gave us a demonstration of how they worked and showed us the wheel popped out of the heel area. They did admit that their feet hurt after they had worn them for long periods of time. They looked like regular sports shoes but I'm betting they cost quite a bit more. (a bit off topic: Does Disneyland sell shoes?)

Dreamstaker
08-06-2001, 06:18 PM
Yes, I saw a kid with those. He was going slow, but a security guard nicely told him that they were not allowed in the park and to keep the wheels locked in the up position.

Napsto
08-08-2001, 11:37 PM
are wetakingabot free style walking shoes.

Morrigoon
08-09-2001, 12:10 PM
Napsto:
What we're discussing is a type of tennis shoe with a really thick sole that hides wheels in the heels. it's not quite a skate, because there is only one wheel per shoe, but by putting their weight on their heels and lifting their toes kids can skate on them anyway. The problem with them is the way kids behave when they're skating, as well as the lack of control they have when on wheels.

Napsto
08-09-2001, 12:27 PM
i know what youa ertalking abuot.