PDA

View Full Version : Hand Made Candy Canes

Pages : [1] 2

lowfidelity
11-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Anyone know what days they are supposed to start selling the handmade candy canes?

This was the year I was going to get out there early and brave the lines for some candy canes and hope I get there early enough ;)

disneylandgirl
11-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Probably the day the holiday season starts? Someone correct me if I'm wrong... but that seems to fit.

disneyobsessed
11-04-2010, 06:53 PM
I believe the first day they were offered last year was the day after Thanksgiving. Then there were a few other days between then and Christmas.

Malcon10t
11-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Last year, they made candy canes on Fridays, starting the Friday following Thanksgiving. You can call the candy number at the beginning of the week to see what they are making that week on which day. The candy number is 714-781-0112.

ChurroGirl
11-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Last year, they made candy canes on Fridays, starting the Friday following Thanksgiving. You can call the candy number at the beginning of the week to see what they are making that week on which day. The candy number is 714-781-0112.

Now that is what I call Customer Service! To have a number that you can call to get candy! AMAZING!

I seriously love Disney and everything that they do to help make life easier for us.

Marox3
11-05-2010, 03:46 PM
I just called the Candy Line and they are still playing the August/September menu. I think there is a direct # into the Shop. Does anyone have that?

We are going in December and really want to get the Candy Canes. Anymore info would be great! Thanks

Malcon10t
11-05-2010, 04:22 PM
In November, they will update the line weekly due to the Candy Cane popularity. It will be posted on Mouseplanet also. This phone number is the one used for the last few years for this purpose.

Expect it to be on Fridays/Saturdays, lines form early (usually at opening) and the canes are usually limited to 2 per person. Here is a thread from last year. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=134939)

TowerofTerror
11-06-2010, 01:23 PM
they do it on fridays and it like every friday from november 12th on until before christmas

MadasaHatter
11-06-2010, 01:52 PM
So what if you don't want to stand in line? Is there any left at all by the end of the day. Or is it stand in line if you want one!

Thanks.

olegc
11-06-2010, 04:34 PM
So what if you don't want to stand in line? Is there any left at all by the end of the day. Or is it stand in line if you want one!

Thanks.

usually not - they go fast. HOWEVER - one year (2009) I went after one of the first days and they actually had some on the counter wrapped for sale. I asked if they were made in the kitchen on site and the CM said yes, they were from the first batch. So it was not "made for me" but it was a handmade Disneyland candy cane. I felt lucky.

Berit76
11-13-2010, 10:34 AM
I keep hearing about these delicious candy cane's during the holidays? Can someone suggest where I might get one at Disneyland? And do they have them everyday? Also is the first week in December during the week really busy?

3Princesses1Prince
11-13-2010, 04:19 PM
I keep hearing about these delicious candy cane's during the holidays? Can someone suggest where I might get one at Disneyland? And do they have them everyday? Also is the first week in December during the week really busy?

They make them once a week and you have to wait in line when the park opens to get a shot at buying 2 of them.

kristinhawk
11-16-2010, 09:10 AM
Where do you go to wait in line? We have always wanted to do this!

disneyland addict13
11-17-2010, 06:43 AM
Where do you go to wait in line?

The line forms outside of the Candy Palace on the left side of Main Street. My mom and I were the second group in line on one of the days last year! We lined up outside the park gates at about 6:45 and were in the park for Early Entry at 7. It was so much fun to watch them make the candy canes, and oh so satisfying when we received 4 of them from the first batch!

MadasaHatter
11-17-2010, 09:52 PM
6:45!!! Yoiks! What time were they ready???

olegc
11-17-2010, 10:29 PM
6:45!!! Yoiks! What time were they ready???

there's usually 2 batches per day when they make them. 930 ish and 130ish

lilfigment
11-18-2010, 08:06 AM
They actually have a small receipt taped behind the counter that list dates:

Nov:

Dec:

I hope this helps :)

Edit: I added a picture of the receipt in my photo album if you want to see it :)

olegc
11-18-2010, 09:11 AM

Nov:

Dec:

Edit: I added a picture of the receipt in my photo album if you want to see it :)

for some reason I seem to recall last year they had lots of dates - but then they reduced the total number of dates as they got closer to delivery.

SigalTchelet
11-18-2010, 11:28 AM
You can watch them make them on here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WyvOU8KIzA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mv80ddvYcc&feature=related

AVP
11-18-2010, 12:28 PM

Nov:

Dec:

Edit: I added a picture of the receipt in my photo album if you want to see it :)I think they've dropped the 24th and 29th - I just received an "official" list from Disneyland with these dates:

Nov:

Dec:

The candy canes will be $9.95 each, limit 2 per person, and tickets will be distributed at park opening each day. If you aren't staying on property, it's always best to avoid the "Magic Morning" dates, since my experience has been that the candy cane tickets are usually distributed to hotel guests during Magic Morning before day guests get into the park at official park opening.

AVP

olegc
11-18-2010, 02:41 PM
on dates they are made you should always check the candy store later in the afternoon. Last year i was able to buy one OFF THE SHELF. they had a few hanging out at the register next to the candy making station. it was pure luck - but you never know.
ADDED - these were fresh ones that ended up getting wrapped in plastic, with a date, and I paid the 9.95 price.

3Princesses1Prince
11-18-2010, 07:24 PM
on dates they are made you should always check the candy store later in the afternoon. Last year i was able to buy one OFF THE SHELF. they had a few hanging out at the register next to the candy making station. it was pure luck - but you never know.
ADDED - these were fresh ones that ended up getting wrapped in plastic, with a date, and I paid the 9.95 price.

Yes. Even though each person can buy 2, many don't especially if more than one person in their party gets a ticket (we got 4 tickets/8 candy canes between the 6 of us). Also we got an AP discount last year, didn't expect it but was pleasantly surprised when I got it (BTW it was when they had merchandise discounts for all types of APs not just the PAP).

amamax2
11-21-2010, 08:05 AM
We will be there on one of the candy cane making days, but do not have MM access.

I really would love to see them making the candy canes, but haven't been able to find out much information on what time that happens.

If I go to the Candy Palace right at 9 a.m. (when DL opens to non-MM people), will I be able to see them making the candy canes?

Will it be so crowded at that time I won't be able to see anything?

How long does it take from start to finish?

Do they start the second batch right after the first, or later in the day?

Thanks for any and all help!!!

olegc
11-21-2010, 10:51 AM
We will be there on one of the candy cane making days, but do not have MM access.

I really would love to see them making the candy canes, but haven't been able to find out much information on what time that happens.

If I go to the Candy Palace right at 9 a.m. (when DL opens to non-MM people), will I be able to see them making the candy canes?

Will it be so crowded at that time I won't be able to see anything?

How long does it take from start to finish?

Do they start the second batch right after the first, or later in the day?

Thanks for any and all help!!!

they are made the same day as they are sold. usually about 2 to 3 hours before they start selling them. Last year the Disney Parks blog did a video for it - you should go find it. there also have been several folks on Youtube with videos shot through the window of the store on how they make it.

olegc
11-21-2010, 01:08 PM
This link popped up in the Disneyland Food Blog.

CLICK HERE (http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/11/20/disneyland-distributing-tickets-for-candy-canes-on-november-26-2010/)