PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland for Roller Coaster Tycoon II

mrfantasmic
04-20-2003, 04:24 PM
Has anybody built a Disneyland for Roller Coaster Tycoon II?

DisneyFan25863
04-20-2003, 04:29 PM
I've seen some for RCT 1, and have seen on some RCT Forums people asking for advice on buliding on for II, but so far, no ;)

LIMANDL4EVA
04-20-2003, 05:52 PM
Im in the process of building DL and DCA, they are both EXTREMELY detailed and accurate, however im only about 1/3 done with DCA and 3/4 done with DL but I will be sure to post when I am finished. The only set back is that I need a descent trainer so I can get some theming that I don't have.

MonorailMan
04-20-2003, 05:57 PM
This is the reason why I didn't attempt a RCT2 DL. Just because I knew, after I made my Scenary choices (what few I have), in the Scenario Editor, I would start, and then realize I needed something else. :mad:

CS, why the limits?!:mad: Hope this is fixed in Wacky Worlds. :)

DisneyFan25863
04-20-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan

Me to :~D :( :mad: ;)

LIMANDL4EVA
04-20-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
This is the reason why I didn't attempt a RCT2 DL. Just because I knew, after I made my Scenary choices (what few I have), in the Scenario Editor, I would start, and then realize I needed something else. :mad:

exactly my problem

Disneyfreak
04-20-2003, 09:24 PM
It is almost impossible to build disneyland on rct2. There are basicly no trainers and the game has been downgraded. No boosters on steel roller coasters. I had the best disneyland of all on loopy landscapes. I am currently waiting for a great trainer to come out for rct 2 and for chris sawyer to get his act together and fix the problems with the program.

Here are my old ones on rct1. The ones that say Sean Kohnechi are mine.
http://www.geocities.com/coasting_ohio/realparks.htm

disguy
04-21-2003, 06:48 AM
I have a couple really good trainers. I've been trying to create a disney park in RCT2 it's not as hard as it seems but you just need a lot of time. It's very hard to build a specific disneyland park.

GREGOR
04-21-2003, 08:08 AM
Personally, I 've never had a problem with scenery in RCT2. If want more scenery than you can check off in the scenerio editor, the trick is to place some of the scenery items in a corner of your map out of the way (while in the scenario editor), then go back to the item selection screen and uncheck those items you just placed and check new ones. (Use the advanced item tabs).The scenerio editor will place those items under the miscellaneous tab (for the most part). It has to let you have those items even if you uncheck them because they're placed on the map already. I haven't tried this for trees/vegetation and it does seem to be a bit buggy. Sometimes I lose an item or two but I just keep on going back and forth checking and unchecking until I get what I want. Maybe my scenario editor is messed up but I'm currently working on park and I have all the scenery.

DisWIz
04-21-2003, 11:29 AM
I'm new here but since I'm working on a DL for RCT2 I dedcided to post some pics.

Click here for Photos (http://community.webshots.com/user/diswiz)

Tell me what you think so far. :)

disneyscott
04-21-2003, 12:48 PM
At www.themeparksource.com they have a thread to this subject.

http://www.themeparksource.com/forums/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=a6866ccd2bc69583c10a77f1f68fc799

give them a try

MonorailMan
04-21-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by DisWIz
I'm new here but since I'm working on a DL for RCT2 I dedcided to post some pics.

Click here for Photos (http://community.webshots.com/user/diswiz)

Tell me what you think so far. :)

Suggesion: On The Matterhorn, instead of 2 long station platforms, split them up, so you have an Exit platform, and a Enterance platform.

Like This:

"-" is track "Ex" is Exit "En" is Entrance "=" is station platform:

--====-====
...Ex......En

As long as you have an entracne and an exit anywhere on the ride (such as 2 station platforms), it will work. :)

Baloo
04-21-2003, 05:29 PM
hello guys.

am am not extremely familiar with tycoon 1 or two

i do have the software for both as well as loopylandscape.

I would like to know if anyone out there has suggestions on how to get started on building my own Disneyland and DCA.

the software as i see is very limited becuase of money, landscaping and other things i would need that many of you gusy have quite some knowledge on.

i now that there are trainers and other software i could add to make the experience more fun.

Can anyon give me a hand on what software to add. where to get it and how to get it all set-up and started.

i am using windows xp hopefully they are compatable.

Thanks in advance

lazyboy97O
04-21-2003, 05:34 PM
baloo, use RCT2 (RollerCoaster Tycoon 2). It allows you to create your own scenario. This destroys the money limitation and parks can be up to 256x256. You can also get some custom scenary for it.

Also, I know of a person who is working on Disneyland, but it waiting for some new scenary before putting it into full swing.

disguy
04-21-2003, 07:19 PM
If you need help with money etc... google search "Son of beat trainer rct2"

Lost Boy
04-21-2003, 07:39 PM
I had Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 with all the add on pacs, trainers, and the Drexler Patch and built well over 100 different parks of my own design, some based on books like Harry Potter and Redwal and other based on Imagineers specs for Disney Parks that never got built, but I tired of the game after 3 years of building parks as it got boring after awhile. After all there is only so much you can do. Then I got RCT2 and tried it for awhile. But there method of letting you build your own park is so complicated and time consuming just to set it up, that after a couple of Parks I just got tired of it. Now I hear he is coming out with an expansion pack for this version. I wish he would come hout with something using different technoloy or something. I reall don't see much difference in the "look" of 1 vs 2 other than new scenery, buldings and a preponderance of Six Flags stuff. Maybe someday I will re-install RR2 on my new system. But until a trainer for RCT2 and an updated Dexler Patch comes along, I don't think I want to spend the time required just to use their method of creating a "Scenerio" in order to build a Park the you want it too look.

To DixWiz, I complement you on what you have done so far on your Disneyland recreation with RCT2. The Main Street screen shot looks terrific. I don't know how you had the patients to build all that and get the roofs to line up. Everytime I tried the roof would end up floating off to one side or the other and never line up where I thought it was. I really don't like that view angle on either version. Just my thoughts.

I was addicted to RCT1 an played with it for hours every night but the new version just doesn't do anything for me. Yet.