PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Name Tag

DisneylandBoy
04-20-2003, 11:21 AM
Yesterday I went to DL and DCA for a friends birthday. At night, we were waiting in line for Matterhorn, when me and this other kid got thirsty, so we went to buy a drink. We went up to an ODV cart, and the guy working had the same name as me. As a joke, I asked if I could buy his name tag. He was a little hesitant, but told me to go ask some other person who was selling balloons. She was like, "Well, you can't, but it's only a name tag, it's not that big of a deal." So I go back and tell him this, and he sells it to me for $10! So now I have my own DL name tag with my name on it! It was too too funny!

bluepearl
04-20-2003, 01:22 PM
I was under the impression that anything dealing with giving away your nametag was a big no-no. I once asked a friend if I gave him a few bucks could I bum an extra nametag off him and he said he couldn't do it. One of the CMs I used to work with (a male) had a nametag that said La Toya on it and he actually wore it on-stage. I was Ryan for a day...that was pretty fun (I returned the nametag after my shift).

Polar33
04-20-2003, 02:16 PM
It is a big no-no. I don't think it is bad enough to get termed over it, but it is definately something that you could receive disciplinary action for. Especially considering the CM made a profit off of the transaction. Come to think of it, CMs in cash handling positions shouldn't be putting money into their pockets anyway, it can be too easily mistaken for stealing.

Also, you may have mis-interpreted what the balloon vendor told you. To me, in that context, it sounds like she was trying to say that the CM can't sell you his nametag, but don't worry about not being able to buy it because it's not something that should bring down your day.

Also, when you returned to the first CM, did you repeat what the balloon vendor told you in whole, or did you just tell him the "it's no big deal" part? It's all in the context.

MonorailMan
04-20-2003, 02:47 PM
It's nice to have a weird name. You never get stuck in situations like this one. :D

Anyhow, of the CMs I've also talked too, the name badge is a big deal. :)

In the long run, the guest could also be at fault. Let's hope there isn't a mole on this board. ;)

Polar33
04-20-2003, 06:32 PM
I doubt that Disney would do anything to the guest in this case. Yet, technically nametags (just like costumes) are the property of Disneyland, so theoretically it could be considered a stolen item. But with all the costumes, nametags and other assorted CM items I have seen get sold on eBay that are still the property of Disney, I imagine that whatever person deals with those sort of things is already overworked to deal with something like this.

That being said, I was "Jamie" for a day...I had fun coming up with a different story for each guest who commented that "Jamie is an unusual name for a guy". :)