PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Disneyland/California Adventure Restaurants

BryanPeek
04-19-2003, 03:27 PM
Well, I haven't seen this posted anywhere, and if it has, I apologize in advanced. Anyways, here, you can post your top five Disney/DCA restaurant's that you like to eat at. Oh and Downtown Disney aswell...Here are my favorite places...

1. Blue Bayou - The atmosphere is incredibly awesome. Also their prime rib...Excellent.

2. Avalon Cove - I think they renamed it to something to do with Little Mermaid, but nevertheless, great place to eat. Always get filled up and at night, eat outside on the water. Great view of the lake with the rides.

3. Hungry Bear - Love the place, it's a family tradition to go. Oh, there are tons of the Disney Cats hanging out there.

4. French Market - Best fried chicken. And it's by the Haunted Mansion. ;)

5. Plaza Inn - Breakfast there was fantastic, and I'll always remember this one time when I ate there for breakfast...It was in January of 2002 and it was our last day there, we went there for breakfast and Winnie The Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore were all there. Very "Magical" moment.

Those are my top five favorite restaurant's, so now what is yours?

mickhyperion
04-19-2003, 07:27 PM
I tend to dine on the run while I'm there so my list includes a couple of quick serve places.

1. Plaza Inn - All-time favorite Disneyland restaurant for nostalgia and great food.

2. Bengal Barbeque - I love this place! The Safari Skewer is the greatest. I always end up having to stand at a counter while I eat, but that hasn't deterred me yet.

3. Rancho Del Zocalo - I love the dependability of Mexican and BBQ. They're pretty hard to mess up. Another nostalgic favorite despite the name changes and remodels.

4. Blue Ribbon Bakery - I always feel espresso deprived at Disneyland. This is my safe haven (though still leaving a bit to be desired).

5. River Belle Terrace - Great pot roast (or maybe it's steak). Tough to catch open sometimes though.

CarlieB
04-21-2003, 03:53 PM
My list...

1. Rancho del Zocalo - yummy food (I like to share the ribs combo) and nice atmosphere (not as good as the Big Thunder BBQ though...)

2. Gibson Girl for an icecream sundae :-)

3. Stagedoor Cafe for a cheeseburger and fries (simple, but oh so yummy!)

4. Ralph Brennans: delicious food, great atmosphere (especially on the balcony at night)

5. Uva Bar: Nice menu, great (if expensive) drinks, good spot to people-watch & relax.

dsnylndmom
04-21-2003, 04:03 PM
Ohh fun here's my list!!

1. Ariel's Grotto~we had a great great time here and the food was delish!

2. Rancho Del Zocalo~I love their campfire fries, eating on the patio with the heaters and my kid's love their kid's bbq beef sandwiches

3. Plaza Inn~Great food, large portions, I love their Cobb Salad.

4. Uva Bar~Love their pastrami sandwiches and the Purple Haze drink and can't beat the location!

5.Goofy's Kitchen~Can stuff yourself silly, have fun with the characters and the service is alwasy excellent.

disguy
04-21-2003, 04:13 PM
1. Story Tellers Cafe ,do hotels count??
has to be the best pizza ever!

2. Ariels Grotto

3. Corn Dog Castle

(DCA might not be the best theme park in the world but there food is the best I've had in a theme park)

DwoernAdale
04-21-2003, 09:26 PM
I am a bit of a DCA/DtD noob, but have been there over 3 times now, so I feel a tad qualified to answer;)

1) Blue Bayou. Grew up in LA in the 70's. Watched that beautiful restaurant slide by our boat soooo many times. My folks just didnt have the resouces to go. I go everytime now for at least one dinner and one lunch everytime. And my folks go now too! Always a Monte for lunch! And Clam Chowder everytime!

2) Plaza Inn. Breakfast with Pooh and crew. I have a 2 year old now, and watching her with them would bring a tear to my eye if it wasnt too early in the morning to cry.

3) Uva Bar. If you are a smoker...Go Here!! Seriously, they allow smoking in the whole area, have a Great!! selection of liquors, and serve terrific food to boot!(Although CS has convinced me to eat in Catal this trip with her wonderful reviews, I will still take ONE meal at Uva...minimum!)

4) Bengal BBQ. Sticky, spicy, BBQed meat on a stick. Whats not to like?

5) Mary Poppins Tea(discontinued)/Yamabuki/Hungry Bear. TIE!! Mary Poppins Tea for the same reasons in #3, except its late enough in the day to let a small amount of emotion slip through(I did stay dry by massive self control) Truly sorry this is gone. Yamabuki because I have NO access to Japanese cuisine where I live, and this place ROCKS even if you know nothing about Japanese fare. Hungry Bear due to its proximity to the ROA, and by virtue of having the best burgers(imho) in DL.

I have LOTS of places I want to try on our June trip. Both repeats from long ago, and new places Ive seen recommended. Red Wagon corn dogs, wine tasting at DCA(Trattoria?), Goofy's Kitchen, House of Blues....

I love that one aspect of the new expansion most. TONS of new food to try :)

~DW

MetalliKitty
04-23-2003, 12:11 AM
Ohh yeah. I can do this.

1. Blue Bayou. Love the food, love the view, love to cruise past when riding Pirates and think about the next excellent meal to be had there...

2. Taste Pilots Grill. The ribs are the best ribs we have had yet in any amusement park - type place (sorry, LA County Fair!), the service has been great every time (especially replacing coleslaw with diced cucumbers from the salad dish, upon request) and the way you can assemble your own burgers is so nice, for picky ole me. Plus, with the excellent music - David Bowie, Weird Al, great classic songs, and more...Yes I will shut up now.

3. French Market. That jambalaya. MMMMMmmm.

4. Tie - Rancho Del Zocalo and Ariel's Grotto. I love messy nachos and I love the big piece of salmon on the sandwich.

5. Club Buzz- the chicken wrap rocks, the fruit was a nice surprise.

Disappointment - I was very excited to finally enjoy the chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick, only to discover it was cardboard flavored waxy chocolate covering a cold crumbly bland and thoroughly disappointing simulated cheesecake. At nearly 5 dollars, I expected much more. Maybe they should contract with Sara Lee...