PDA

View Full Version : Fire at Paradise Pier?

Toocherie
10-31-2010, 09:49 AM
Someone on another site was checking into the Grand Californian this morning and said all the routes were blocked because of a fire at the Paradise Pier. Anybody know anything about this?

Ok: I just did a search--it was a pizza oven at the restaurant and the hotel was evacuated yesterday afternoon. Doesn't sound like it was a major event -- wondered why all the streets were blocked.

Andrew
10-31-2010, 04:46 PM
The OC Register had a brief article about the fire: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=1598755#post1598755

chris001
11-01-2010, 06:20 AM
There was a huge response of fire trucks; I counted 6 ladder trucks as well as about 6 Anaheim PD cars. When we were walking by (about 4) I thought there had been a huge fire, glad to know it was small and minimal damage.

racccoon
11-07-2010, 07:14 AM
There was a huge response of fire trucks; I counted 6 ladder trucks as well as about 6 Anaheim PD cars. When we were walking by (about 4) I thought there had been a huge fire, glad to know it was small and minimal damage.
Huge response for a small fire? Sounds like the city of Anaheim want to protect their largest money-maker. Do you think they will respond like that to a private residence?

Malcon10t
11-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Huge response for a small fire? Sounds like the city of Anaheim want to protect their largest money-maker. Do you think they will respond like that to a private residence?No, but a private residence isn't a multi-story location housing a thousand or more people. A "small fire" can quickly become a HUGE fire in only minutes. Unattended fires double in size every minute. It is better to send several engines and having them turn away, than to send one engine, and when they arrive, have to call for assistance, wasting more time, because the fire spread risking lives and property.

Since it is a private residence, and maybe only a kitchen fire, should they only send a pickup truck with a fire extinguisher, and if it is worse, then they call for more help?

This is why a dispatcher asks questions on the phone. They determine how many units based on the size and occupation of a building, and description of the fire, not by the name of a building.