PDA

View Full Version : World of Color Show and the Santa Ana Winds

pulltab
10-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Went last Tuesday to World of Color. All during the day, assorted cast members warned that there might be a cancellation due to the high Santa Ana winds (usually a fall event with dry winds blowing in from the desert).

Anyways, at 8:15 there was just enough east wind blowing that THE WATER FROM THE FOUNTAINS BLEW BACK INTO THE LAKE.... for the whole show and left us high and dry... even watching right on the edge of the fencing (yellow zone)... The "fans" were even more misty than usual, leading to really sharp images projected on them.

Really something.....and memorable.

TowerofTerror
10-30-2010, 09:01 PM
I was there on tuesday the 19th and it looked like the show would be canceled because of the rain but it wasnt

twindaddy
10-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Went last Tuesday to World of Color. All during the day, assorted cast members warned that there might be a cancellation due to the high Santa Ana winds (usually a fall event with dry winds blowing in from the desert).

Anyways, at 8:15 there was just enough east wind blowing that THE WATER FROM THE FOUNTAINS BLEW BACK INTO THE LAKE.... for the whole show and left us high and dry... even watching right on the edge of the fencing (yellow zone)... The "fans" were even more misty than usual, leading to really sharp images projected on them.

Really something.....and memorable.

We went Wedneday evening and worried about the same thing, Tuesday night we were at the TOT party. High winds in the morning, evening nice and clear. Go figure.

Drince88
10-31-2010, 03:04 PM
I was there on tuesday the 19th and it looked like the show would be canceled because of the rain but it wasnt

They cancel WOC for rain?

Dizzy4DL
10-31-2010, 08:49 PM

Okay...a few questions:
1. Did they say they might cancel or did you think they might cancel?
2. Did it rain during the show?
3. If so, how hard?

I'm asking because we are going in January and I'm sure it will rain. ;)

twindaddy
10-31-2010, 09:20 PM
I would imagine the show would go on with rain, it is after all a water show

MammaSilva
11-04-2010, 05:01 PM
I can speak from experience they do NOT cancel a WATER show due to rain. We were told they would only cancel the show due to technology problems or high high winds. Our last experience was in a light rain and it was as crowded as the summer evening with beautiful weather. Ponchos are nice, umbrellas are rude, a few folks had umbrellas in the crowd and they block the view for folks behind those guests with umbrellas.

chahn
11-05-2010, 06:54 PM
We had light rain at our showing of WOC in early October and CMs went around Announcing that umbrellas were a safety issue in the viewing area and not to be used during the show