PDA

View Full Version : Pirates evacuation

julgraham
04-18-2003, 09:53 PM
I was a Disneyland Thursday, 4/18 around 3pm. Pirates of the Caribbean came to a complete halt. After sitting in the boats for about 15 minutes two cast members showed up to evacuate us. We got to walk backstage and underground, past the Westside Diner and upstairs are were returned once more to the park. Alot of fun for a guest like me who doesn't get to see those areas.
Two questions. Does anyone know what happened to the ride? And where were we backstage. We came up a stairway at the point, next to "Carlos" being dunked in the well. Then up another staircast and out to a parking lot. There was a large green building in front of us with sounds like thunder. What attraction was that?
Just curious
julie

cujosr
04-18-2003, 10:37 PM
That was probably Indy. Yea big green building, definatly Indy.

DisneyFan25863
04-19-2003, 07:40 AM
If you liked the Thunder sounds, you can take the path from DTD to the MAFPS, where you can hear Indy :D

tabacco
04-19-2003, 10:10 AM
If you came out past the westwide diner, you probably ended up in the pit between the Indy queue and the Pirates building, then went under the railroad tracks to the north end of the Indy building. Where did they lead you back onstage?

julgraham
04-19-2003, 12:04 PM
We did go under the railroad tracks then into another building, past some lockers, left at the Westside Diner, left again, up some stairs and out a door right by the bathrooms in New Orleans Square. Great tour.
julie

miss bianca
04-19-2003, 12:17 PM
Disneyfan whats MAFPS ?

BryanPeek
04-19-2003, 01:37 PM
Disneyfan: What is MAFP and DTD...Not familiar with all of that.

miss bianca
04-19-2003, 01:41 PM
I'm assuming DTD is Downtown Disney BUT MAFPS has me stumped!!:confused:

iAmJacksDLand
04-19-2003, 02:11 PM
Mickey and Friends Parking Structure.

miss bianca
04-19-2003, 02:13 PM
Ahhh - It all makes sense now:p Thanks

Germboy
04-19-2003, 10:57 PM
Wow Disneyfan. What a coincidence! After all this time walking from DTD to MAFPS, I had never heard noises UNTIL last night. I was walking to the structure with a friend of mine and all of a sudden I heard something. I began wondering if they were testing Fantasmic because I could hear rumbles and what sounded like thunder. He thought it was trucks on the freeway. How funny that you brought that up. One mystery solved, but how come the POTC closure?

cujosr
04-19-2003, 11:20 PM
Minor Rehab. Disney wants it to look pretty for the movie premiere. Or were you talking about the 101?

Germboy
04-20-2003, 01:22 AM
The 101.

julgraham
04-20-2003, 09:39 AM
This closure was not a minor rehab. It looked like every boat on the ride got stuck inside. We all had to be evacuated off of the boats after a 20 minute or so wait. Some of the boats were in the battle room, how did the get those people off? Boats full of people stretched from the lift up, all the way back throught the battle scene.
julie

tabacco
04-20-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by julgraham
We did go under the railroad tracks then into another building, past some lockers, left at the Westside Diner, left again, up some stairs and out a door right by the bathrooms in New Orleans Square. Great tour.
julie

Okay, I know exactly where you were, then. You went part of the way I walk to the westside diner from the main entrance when I go to lunch there :)

Fun fact: if you stand still in the hallway by the lockers, you can hear the drunk pirate (with the parrot) laughing :)

furbE95
04-20-2003, 10:06 PM
how do they get people across the water? Like if you are stuck in the pirate ship battle scene, how do you get to dry land? Do you just walk across the other boats until you come to a boat that is close to land? What if you are in a wheelchair?

cujosr
04-20-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by furbE95
how do they get people across the water? Like if you are stuck in the pirate ship battle scene, how do you get to dry land? Do you just walk across the other boats until you come to a boat that is close to land? What if you are in a wheelchair? They have to get CMs out there to push the boats close enough to dry land. Or if the power is working push them into the Fort (maintinance bay).

furbE95
04-21-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by cujosr
They have to get CMs out there to push the boats close enough to dry land. Or if the power is working push them into the Fort (maintinance bay).
But what about the guide rails? Do they just come down?

cujosr
04-21-2003, 06:52 PM
they would push them forward or backward along the rails. there is a switch to change the direction of the guide rails at the fort.

KarenW2
04-22-2003, 10:33 AM
Last time we were stuck on Pirates, we were in the battle scene room and were sitting there for over 45 minutes! No announcements, no CMs to help, nothing. Nothing to do but sit in the water there and wait forever!

When we finally got moving again, I mentioned it to the CM when I disembarked, that I thought we were going to be stuck there forever and that we were surprised no one came. He just ignored me and didn't say a word!