PDA

View Full Version : Great Costumes at Trick or Treat Party!

mowsluver
10-24-2010, 12:56 PM
We went this past Friday and I saw some great costumes! I think my favorite were the 'orange traffic cone' family!
Plus I was impressed at the way the treat lines were set up. It all went very quickly. Would do it again if I could!!
The only thing that I didn't care for was that dancing/music was set up in kind of closed off areas. I liked that at CA it was out in the open plaza where it was fun just to join in...

dlfansx4
10-24-2010, 02:27 PM
We went this past Friday and I saw some great costumes! I think my favorite were the 'orange traffic cone' family!
Plus I was impressed at the way the treat lines were set up. It all went very quickly. Would do it again if I could!!
The only thing that I didn't care for was that dancing/music was set up in kind of closed off areas. I liked that at CA it was out in the open plaza where it was fun just to join in...

Hey...that was us!!! I had no idea DS's costume would get so much attention. But he played it up and loved every minute of it ;)
I updated my profile picture with our costumes :)

mowsluver
10-24-2010, 02:29 PM
We loved you guys! We saw you in the parade and my (grown) daughter pointed and said "hey we know you!!"...we were the Monsers Inc family!

dlfansx4
10-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Oh, I remember you guys too!! I was telling DH after we saw you that he would have fit in with you guys. Our first year going to the T0T Party he dressed as a member of the CDA. But since we had no other Monster's Inc costumes in our group, no one knew what he was, LOL. After that year, we started doing themes with the whole family.

You guys looked awesome too!!!!

DisneyMouse
10-27-2010, 08:48 AM
We must have been there the same night! We saw both of your families and discussed the creativity and how it was cool that you all had one theme! Great ideas! :D

CPONavyWife
10-28-2010, 10:26 AM
I was there Tuesday and some some AMAZING costumes. Two guys with light up clothes like the electrical parade, and a group of teenagers, Prince Phillip and Brier Rose, Snow White and the Prince, Aladding and Jasmine and Mary Poppins. Someone obviously had a mother who sews becuase the costumes were exact, even the wigs were perfect!

I ejoyed the event, the candy was really good and plentiful, although one CM commented to me and my daughter (who is super thin) that we looked liked we could use the rasins instead of candy! I was a little taken aback.

The fireworks were great! SM was super scary, loved it all.

soccerlady16
10-28-2010, 01:04 PM
a group of teenagers, Prince Phillip and Brier Rose, Snow White and the Prince, Aladding and Jasmine and Mary Poppins. Someone obviously had a mother who sews becuase the costumes were exact, even the wigs were perfect!

Yes we saw them too! Also with them "blue" Belle and the Beast (human prince) Great costums. I never seen that Briar Rose or Prince Phillip costume used in the park.
My daughter was bugging to say hi to Belle. She wasnt very nice:|

Bubble1421
10-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Oh, I remember you guys too!! I was telling DH after we saw you that he would have fit in with you guys. Our first year going to the T0T Party he dressed as a member of the CDA. But since we had no other Monster's Inc costumes in our group, no one knew what he was, LOL. After that year, we started doing themes with the whole family.

You guys looked awesome too!!!!

We would have fit in with you last year. My daughters went as Boo & Sully and my daughter's best friend was Mike Wazowski. The adults wore bright yellow t-shirts with CDA on the front. My favorite part of the night was the picture from Tower of Terror. We had the Monster's Inc group on one side and Cat in the Hat group (thing 1, thing 2, the cat, the kids and the mom) on the other side. We didn't get to go this year. The dates just didn't work out with everything else that we had going on. It sounded like it was a blast though.

twindaddy
10-28-2010, 04:58 PM
I saw some great costumes on Tuesday, but I really could have done without the cross dressing fairy godmothers.

Loved the CDA family, gives me an idea

disneylandgirl
10-29-2010, 08:05 AM
I saw some great costumes on Tuesday, but I really could have done without the cross dressing fairy godmothers.

AHH man I missed the cross dressing fairies!!! ;)

trypticon
10-29-2010, 07:05 PM
I was there the same night, and saw the traffic cone dudes a few times.

There were a lot of nice costumes that night. A lot of them were entirely too suggestive, which kind of bothered me.

r-we-there-yet
10-30-2010, 10:51 AM
we were there on the 22nd.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o65/ffrankandttonya/flintstones.jpg

The Mouse Is Back
10-31-2010, 12:04 PM
One of the things I noticed, and really appreciated, was the LACK of family-unfriendly costumes compared to the last couple of years at DCA (suggestive/too scary/etc.). There were a few "sexy" (not) Princesses and such, and a few bloody horror-movie kind of things (not good for really little kids, they DO get scared), but almost everyone had great costumes in keeping with the Disney vibe. :)

Ally

Toocherie
10-31-2010, 12:43 PM
AHH man I missed the cross dressing fairies!!! ;)

ahhh man--I did too! I did see three fairy godmothers but I *think* they were women!

We also loved the Haunted Mansion Ghost family--I think I saw them in a prior year too--but I could never wear that whitish grey make-up all night!

CindyR
11-01-2010, 10:15 PM
One of the things I noticed, and really appreciated, was the LACK of family-unfriendly costumes compared to the last couple of years at DCA (suggestive/too scary/etc.). There were a few "sexy" (not) Princesses and such, and a few bloody horror-movie kind of things (not good for really little kids, they DO get scared), but almost everyone had great costumes in keeping with the Disney vibe. :)

Ally

We went to the event last year in DCA and I was shocked at some of the costumes! You have to wander if people realize they're not at a frat party, they at a theme park with tons of children around!! I cannot fathom thinking something like that is appropriate in that type of venue. Maybe the increased price point kept some of that away?

nbaum
11-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Our favorite costumes we saw were 2 girls, both in chef's outfits, each with a little Remy on top of their head. Remy had a strand of their hair in each paw. So cute!

BlkPearlCptn
11-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Was there on Halloween and saw an AMAZING Captain EO. He had the full actual leathers and the jacket even lit up like the one in the film. He was a dead-on look-alike too. (Also the right build and height) People were doing double takes.

The other favorites was a family doing the Wizard of Oz. They look like they stepped out of the Judy Garland film version. They had Dorothy, Lion, Scarecrow, Tin Man, and Wicked Witch. The outfits were absolutely amazing, the lion even looked like the outfit was made of real fur. The costumes, makeups and look-alikes were, again, dead on.

Lots of amazing costumes.