PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours Lines and FastPasses in 2011

Pages : [1] 2

emgm
10-24-2010, 12:29 PM
When we were in DL last weekend, we were talking to a CM in Tomorrowland. He told us that they are expecting HUGE crowds to see Star Tours when it re-opens in 2011. Their current plans (which of course could change) are to convert the Buzz Lightyear FastPass machines to Star Tours FastPasses. Sounds like a great idea to me.

Disneylandfanguy
10-24-2010, 12:33 PM
When we were in DL last weekend, we were talking to a CM in Tomorrowland. He told us that they are expecting HUGE crowds to see Star Tours when it re-opens in 2011. Their current plans (which of course could change) are to convert the Buzz Lightyear FastPass machines to Star Tours FastPasses. Sounds like a great idea to me.

Sounds good to me too.

Astro Blasters definitely does not need fastpass anyway. The line would go much faster without it.

dznyphreak
10-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Star Tours used to have Fastpasses...they tore those machines out, right?

disney42dude
10-24-2010, 12:43 PM
It did used to have its own FP. Don’t see why they'd take over Buzz's.

dznyphreak
10-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Maybe because the lines might be so long as to block the FastPass location at Star Tours? So maybe setting those up across the way would prevent that from happening...plus they wouldn't have to reinstall the machines that way.

TowerofTerror
10-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Maybe they can make have buzzlight fast pass star tours

TRON
10-24-2010, 02:51 PM
I would imagine that anything new or major referb at DLR might require a FP distribution to get more guest through.

disneyland055
10-24-2010, 02:51 PM
i never had to use a fast pass at diseyland i oly use the fast pass systuim when i go to disneylan

disney42dude
10-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Maybe because the lines might be so long as to block the FastPass location at Star Tours? So maybe setting those up across the way would prevent that from happening...plus they wouldn't have to reinstall the machines that way.

Good point! Either way, I can't wait!

twindaddy
10-24-2010, 08:46 PM
I used fastpasses on Buzz last Friday, and it saved a rather large wait. Longer than I have ever seen, maybe it was Buzz Lightyear day at the park.

Odd, before that day I would have posted "why does buzz need FP's"

mkraemer
10-25-2010, 07:14 AM
I would imagine that anything new or major referb at DLR might require a FP distribution to get more guest through.

First exception I can mention: the Finding Nemo subs. Slowest moving line ever. Would have been helpful to have FPs here.

I sort of hate to see the FP machines removed from Buzz; we never use the standby line unless it's less than 15 minutes.

Drince88
10-25-2010, 08:07 AM
The ride capacity doesn't change if there is/isn't fastpass on an attraction. Your wait time, IN LINE, if you have a fastpass is less, but the wait time for someone in the standby line is longer.

I really like the first hour or so of attractions with fastpass lines - the standby line goes a LOT faster (per person ahead of me) before the first FPs are 'ripe'.

AJDerrick
10-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Isn't there an extended queue for Star Tours in the adjoining building? I've never been in there, but I thought I heard that they opened it for the D23 last flight event or something...I would think they could use that to avoid having the line cut of where the Star Tours FP machines were.

It's Monday morning though, and with a head cold on top of that my memory really can't be trusted.

houseofmouse
10-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Yes you are right. There is an extended building. We went through it on the last flight the night it closed before the D23 event.

AJDerrick
10-25-2010, 09:19 AM
In that case I would think/hope that they would take advantage and better theme that space to keep everyone cool while waiting in what I'm sure will be insane lines. Hopefully that will also free up space for them to keep their FP machines.

Mermaid
10-25-2010, 09:19 AM
We have the worst luck with Buzz FP that I would be fine with them taking them out! It seems like 75% of the time we go to use them, there is no-one at the merge point and you have to sort of cut your way in and people always give us the hairy eyeball. We pretty much stopped using Buzz FP except on very busy days because if this.

I would agree that the way it is a constant loader, it doesn't really need it. I would bet the standby line would go down 10 minutes or so without FP- so only making it longer than 20 minutes or so on the busiest days.

Autopia Guy
10-25-2010, 12:21 PM
First exception I can mention: the Finding Nemo subs. Slowest moving line ever. Would have been helpful to have FPs here.

Actually, no, it wouldn't have. Nemo doesn't have the right hourly capacity to use Fast Passes.

And lines actually move FASTER when there are no Fast Passes. I wish those things would die some days.

Michael24
10-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Isn't there an extended queue for Star Tours in the adjoining building? I've never been in there, but I thought I heard that they opened it for the D23 last flight event or something...I would think they could use that to avoid having the line cut of where the Star Tours FP machines were.
I never even knew about that hidden extended queue area until just a couple years ago when my mom and I went. The door was open and the line was being directed through there for some reason, as it was off-season and the line outside was virtually non-existent. Still, was cool to see something about Star Tours that I'd never seen (or even knew about) in the 20 years it'd be there. Haha!!

And lines actually move FASTER when there are no Fast Passes. I wish those things would die some days.
I agree, I hate Fast Pass. One of the worst things Disneyland ever did. :mad:

Highland Boar
10-25-2010, 01:02 PM
I don't know if Fast Pass, makes sense either I mean I never use them, and in regards to Star Tours the lines were never really bad. I can't imagine the need for them even when the atrraction was exceptionally busy I mean a 30-45 wait never phases me.

lauramaynot
10-25-2010, 03:04 PM
it will be interesting to see how they handle this. I think I only saw the FP machines for ST turned on once during the entire time that they had them...most of the time they were covered. It seems like there is a trend towards opening new rides without FP machines (like the subs and midway mania) and while I definately use FP's when they are appropriate, there are times that I wish they didn't have FP's or they turned off all the machines on lower attendance days. BUT I wouldn't want to see them removed entirely - I remember 4 hour lines for indy ICK!

The Mouse Is Back
10-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Heck, when the refurb is done I WANT to wait in the regular line (on a weekday + not during any holiday/break times). FP line is expected to move quickly once they let you in; I want to see whatever cool new installations they've done in the waiting areas.

THEN I'll use FP. Maybe.

Ally

Disneylandfanguy
10-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Heck, when the refurb is done I WANT to wait in the regular line (on a weekday + not during any holiday/break times). FP line is expected to move quickly once they let you in; I want to see whatever cool new installations they've done in the waiting areas.

THEN I'll use FP. Maybe.

I agree!

currence
10-25-2010, 07:38 PM
The ride capacity doesn't change if there is/isn't fastpass on an attraction. Your wait time, IN LINE, if you have a fastpass is less, but the wait time for someone in the standby line is longer.

I really like the first hour or so of attractions with fastpass lines - the standby line goes a LOT faster (per person ahead of me) before the first FPs are 'ripe'.

I know that the line is a perception and all the people not waiting due to fastpass make the people who are in the standby line wait longer, thus extending their wait times. But I also wonder if there is a perception that if the line is long, or if it has a fastpass, it must be good.

The last time the Buzz fastpass was closed for remodeling I was amazed by how fast the standby line went.

I also like the first hour in the park - for so many reasons.

disneyfn
10-27-2010, 11:53 AM
I wonder where the fastpass line will start? I remember when Star Tours opened and the line started at the Opera House on Main st! I hope it doesn't get that bad again if they use Fastpass,we can only hope.

twindaddy
10-27-2010, 05:32 PM
I wonder where the fastpass line will start? I remember when Star Tours opened and the line started at the Opera House on Main st! I hope it doesn't get that bad again if they use Fastpass,we can only hope.

I remember being about ten years old, waiting over two hours to see captain e.o. Yesterday I saw it again, grand total of 20 people in there. Still glad they brought it back, I saw HISTA last year alone, it was eerie