PDA

View Full Version : Military Discount Tickets

CMHusband
10-24-2010, 09:45 AM
The Military discount is back at Disneyland.
3 day park hopper for $99 which is valid through Sept 30th 2011
Up to 6 may be purchased.

I really like this gesture to our men and women in uniform and our veterans. If you haven't been to the flag ceremony at the front of the park and you are slightly patriotic, get over there. This is a moving ceremony that thanks all who have served or are serving and brings tears to my eyes every time I see it. Thanks for your service!!! Now go have a fun day with your family at Disneyland!!!

CMHusband
10-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Just found this.
http://www.mousesavers.com/dltickets.html#military

mowsluver
10-24-2010, 01:02 PM
It says they can be used by 'friends'. Does the Military member have to be with the friends when they use the tickets?
Also, how long do you have to use the 3 days?
Thanks

DisneyFunFamily4
10-24-2010, 03:09 PM
This is awesome. I love Disney's military hotel rates, they were usually cheaper than the AP rates at DL for the past couple of years. Now we get to take advantage of them at WDW, yay! And we're going to Cali next summer, we were planning on going to DL anyway but this is just a nice bonus! Thank you Disney!

here's the WDW link (http://bookwdw.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/specialOfferDetails?name=Promo&promotionCode=fy09military&market=fy09military&CMP=VAN-WDWFY09MilitaryOfferVanity) I found, couldn't find one for DL yet...

CMHusband
10-24-2010, 03:41 PM
It says they can be used by 'friends'. Does the Military member have to be with the friends when they use the tickets?
Also, how long do you have to use the 3 days?
Thanks

Not once they get the tickets. They have until The end of Sept 2011 to use them. FYI - They will be putting names on the tickets and checking ID, so keep in mind that they are non transferable.

LLevy
10-25-2010, 06:08 AM
The Military discount is back at Disneyland.
3 day park hopper for $99 which is valid through Sept 30th 2011
Up to 6 may be purchased.Just a note.. I always assumed(yes, I know..) that multi day tickets ALL had one early entry day on them. However, the military tickets we bought last year did not. not something you want to find out at 6:30am at the gate.

LL

lauramaynot
10-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the info! we did these tickets the last time that they did them and they are an awesome deal! from what I remember, they do have to be purchased by the service member and they reserve the right to ask for id at any point.

WITron
11-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks for letting us know about this deal. Last week my friend came down from Washington and was able to take advantage of this deal for he and his wife.

DwarfPlanet
11-02-2010, 07:11 AM
Per our Base bulletin:

New military discount

A new military discount offer began Sunday at the Disneyland Resort, offering active or retired U.S. military personnel the opportunity to purchase a Disney Military Promotional 3-Day Park Hopper Ticket for $99, a substantial savings over the regular three-day parkhopper, which is currently priced at $206 for adults. Based on past offers, Disney defines eligible service members as active or retired members of the U.S. military, including active members of the National Guard or Reservists, and active and retired members of the U.S. Coast Guard; this offer also includes military spouses with military ID.

This discount is available at on-base MWR/ITT offices, or at the Disneyland Resort ticket booths. The price is the same for adults and children, and total of six tickets may be purchased per military member, regardless of who purchases the tickets (the member or their spouse), or where the tickets are purchased. Tickets must be purchased by September 28, 2011 and used by October 1, 2011. The ticket has the following blockout dates: December 24, 2010 through January 1, 2011; February 18–21, 2011; April 17–23, 2011; and July 1–4, 2011.

As far as we can tell, there is no "fuse" on this ticket, so you may have more than the standard 13 days from first use to use the remaining two admissions, but we highly recommend you contact your base MWR/ITT office for more details regarding use and eligibility before making travel plans. Please note that this ticket is not a "bonus" ticket, and so does not include an early admission day.

[Update] Disney has issued a press release about this offer with a few more details. Active and retired U.S. military personnel may purchase up to six tickets, but one of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be for use by the eligible service member or his/her spouse. Disneyland is also extending a 40% discount on rooms at the three Disneyland Resort Hotels, subject to availability and other restrictions. Ths offer is valid for stays most nights now through Oct. 1, 2011, with blockout days or Nov. 24-Nov. 26, 2010, and Dec. 26-Dec. 31, 2010. Valid military ID is required at check in. Contact your travel agent or call the Walt Disney Travel Company at (714) 520-5045.

Mouseketeer1955
11-06-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm a little disappointed that DL doesn't do something special on Veteran's Day for active, reserve, retired or veterans of military service. Places like Knott's Berry Farm, Applebee's, and Subway give free admissions, free meals, and free sandwiches to everyone who is or who has served in the military. I'm surprised that Disney doesn't.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
11-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Might be a bit of a gamble trying to use these if a friend in the Military buys them for you. There are reports that the CM's at the park entrances are requiring a military ID before you can enter with these tickets. Has anybody here tried yet?

Grandmaof4
11-15-2010, 09:47 AM
My son was discharged from the military in 1995. Does he still qualify?

MammaSilva
11-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Did he retire or just serve one contract? The offer is for active duty or retired military not just Vets.

AVP
11-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Might be a bit of a gamble trying to use these if a friend in the Military buys them for you. There are reports that the CM's at the park entrances are requiring a military ID before you can enter with these tickets. Has anybody here tried yet?I witnessed this myself on Thursday - a group was entering DCA with the military tickets, and they required the military member (in this case, it was the spouse) to dig out her ID before they would let anyone enter.

AVP

GrumpyGoofyGuy
11-15-2010, 06:39 PM
I witnessed this myself on Thursday - a group was entering DCA with the military tickets, and they required the military member (in this case, it was the spouse) to dig out her ID before they would let anyone enter.

AVP

Sounds like they need to clarify their wording on who can use the tickets then. Friends of military can only use the tickets when accompanied by the Military person that acquired the tickets is what it appears to be.

CMHusband
11-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Sounds like they need to clarify their wording on who can use the tickets then. Friends of military can only use the tickets when accompanied by the Military person that acquired the tickets is what it appears to be.

The tickets must be purchased by the military person. When they are purchased, the names of the people using them will be printed on the tickets. so everyone theoretically will have to show ID to use the tickets. (this is a new procedure, that I believe will be expanded to all multi-day ticket buyers)And yes the military person who bought them must be present the first time they are scanned. Disney should be a little bit more clear about the rules, but since they are such a great deal, I say cut them a little slack.

misa
11-16-2010, 05:33 PM
We will be at parks in December, My brother n law purchased these tickets for us and had to change his dates due to a rescheduled surgery So he will not be with us. I Have called Disneyland 4 seperate occasions and spoke with the "Ticket Booth" each time, and The supervisors have each said "NO military ID needed at gates, they check ID of the name of each E-Ticket." I must of repeated myself saying that "we WILL NOT have the military member with us" about 5 times each phone call, and each person said that was Fine, Military ID not required at gate. I even told them I wouldn't be able to purchase tix if denied, a couple of them laughed and reassured to not worry.

Should I be worried?

Drince88
11-17-2010, 04:00 AM
Do your tickets have your name printed in them? If so, then I think I'd take the CMs at their word. (It sounds like that's what the CMs expect of them.)

misa
11-17-2010, 06:43 AM
Yes our names are printed on them, the Ticket Booth CM said as long as we have valid id were good. I wonder if we could exchange the E-ticket at the booths prior to the gates, Hopefully it all works out.

candles71
11-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Did he retire or just serve one contract? The offer is for active duty or retired military not just Vets.
I thought they only had "Veteran" status if they were injured in some way or retired. Not just having served one term. My SIL, only served one term, but was injured in the line of duty (nothing serious more a stress type injury) that gave her Veteran status. She had said at the time, she wouldn't have Vet status without the injury.
As far as the tickets, I don't know, my bro is still active (19 years in January) so she still has dependant ID, also.
I do know Disneyland has always asked for military ID with the tickets, where places like 6flags and Great America never did, so my dad would purchase us tickets on base.

MammaSilva
11-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Actually any military member who served with Honor and received an Honorable Discharge is a Veteran. They are only Veterans of Foreign Wars if they served in a war zone at some point during their active duty status.

The current military discount tickets are only for those who carry an active/current military ID. That would generally be active duty members, their dependents, retired members and their spouses/dependents and reservists. Someone who has served, been given their discharge but no longer is entitled to an active military ID card is considered a Veteran but isn’t eligible for this offer.

Drince88
11-19-2010, 04:28 AM
And I think VA medical services are only available to a subset of Veterans, like your SIL.

candles71
11-19-2010, 08:37 AM
And I think VA medical services are only available to a subset of Veterans, like your SIL.

Thank you ladies, that answers my confusion.:)

Sailor310
11-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Don't forget that the normal military ticket and AP prices are still pretty good:)