PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Parade picnics??

HBTiggerFan
08-05-2001, 03:22 PM
I could have sworn there was a fairly inexpensive electrical parade type picnic that did not have priority seating. It may not have been specific for the parade. I remember reading about it on MP, can someone link the reviews of the parade article here please? The CM I talked to on the phone thought I was insane. :rolleyes:

Thanks!!

P.S. I need this for tomorrow!!

adriennek
08-05-2001, 03:51 PM
You aren't insane. I *think* I was told that they were discontinued. I *know* they were moved to weekends only, but I want to say they were recently discontinued from the weekends, also.

Adrienne K

HBTiggerFan
08-05-2001, 04:12 PM
thanks adrienne.

Dang, I was actually going to spend money in the park on food for a special treat for my friends sisters....guess its off to McDonalds.

thanks again!!
Marla

Tony
08-05-2001, 05:03 PM
They were discontinued for all nights. They just weren't selling enough to justify the extra staffing the program required.

Tony

AVP
08-05-2001, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
I could have sworn there was a fairly inexpensive electrical parade type picnic that did not have priority seating. It may not have been specific for the parade. I remember reading about it on MP, can someone link the reviews of the parade article here please? The CM I talked to on the phone thought I was insane. :rolleyes:

Thanks!!

P.S. I need this for tomorrow!!

Hiya!

The column you are looking for is here:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm010710.htm

Unfortunately, the park stopped selling the parade picnics a few weeks ago. These were the best deal in the park, and I'm really sorry to see them go.

As an alternative, you might want to pop into the Wine Country Market at the Golden Vine Winery, and look at their selection of sandwiches and treats. While more expensive, there is enough of an assortment there to let you make a really neat, and unusual, picnic. They offer a kids meal bag, with sandwich, juice box and veggie sticks, which makes a good picnic too!

(Hmmm... Disney cancelled a program after we ran a column about it.... should we add this to Richard's list of MP mistakes? Decisions, decisions....) :D

Adrienne VP

HBTiggerFan
08-05-2001, 09:48 PM
thank you everyone for the replies. I am sad to see them go too, they seemed like quite a deal. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

I knew I saw something and I knew the CM was wrong. Ce La Vie.

Marla