PDA

View Full Version : Golden Vine at DCA

disguy
04-17-2003, 09:49 AM
There is a place to eat at the Golden Vine Winery in DCA. I can't remember the name I belive you eat out side and the prices look very good. I was just wondering if anyone has enjoyed eating there is it worth a try?

RStar
04-17-2003, 01:03 PM
I'd like to know too. I have eaten above on the balcony (at $50 a head:eek: ) and would like to try the more reasonable patio.

ESS Heckler
04-17-2003, 01:17 PM
I think you're referring to the Tratorria. I've been there, a couple of times, and enjoyed it each time. I've been there in the fall when they had a wonderful squash soup - that a terrific antipasta appetizer and a glass of wime made a wonderful dinner.

If you've never been to one of the wine tastings, at the wine bar right around the corner, you've got to try it. For $7 you get to taste at least 4 wines and get a fun history of each. It's a 'Disney'style wine tasting (if there is such a thing?!?!?!) in that it's not intimidating at all. It's meant for beginners - particularly people who aren't even sure if they like wine. My BF - a devout berr drinker - has been with me twice, and has found a couple of wines he enjoys. He also likes that he doesn't sound like such a 'dork' when he orders wine a nice restaraunt now.

ESS Heckler
04-17-2003, 01:18 PM
ever have one of those days when you can't spell or type???

disguy
04-17-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by kimkinney
ever have one of those days when you can't spell or type???

Every day of my life :)

RStar
04-17-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by disguy
Every day of my life :)

But you did so well there!;)

I proofreed every post first and still miss things once in a while.............:rolleyes:

I've been wanting to try the wine tasting as well. Do they have it at sertain times of the day, or is it always on?

ESS Heckler
04-17-2003, 03:57 PM
The wine tastings are usually held twice a day. I wander by the wine bar mid-morning and see what time they are being offered and sign up in advance. Sometimes they fill-up, and I hate missing them! For $7, I consider this a true DCA bargain.

Tip: after the official 'tasting'session is over, you can ask for another 'sample' of a wine you truly enjoyed (or two;))

Not Afraid
04-17-2003, 05:28 PM
I can highly recommend the Tratorria! It is one of my favorite places to eat at the resort. I am addicted to salads and their Tuscan Salad is one of the best in the resort. Also, the Italian Meat Lovers sandwich is delicious as is their Rice/Risotto pudding dessert.

I also recently ate at the Vinyard Room and had a VERY DELICIOUS meal. The variety of dishes they offer is wonderful. You can either chose from a 3 or 4 course meal. They also have wine parings to go with each course if you chose to go that route. The restaurant is all upstars on a porch. There is covering, but it can get chili, depending on the weather.

Try them both for a wonderful dining experience. A++.

MonorailMan
04-17-2003, 05:35 PM
Me and mom & other MPers (Bad English, Deal with it), ate at the Tratorri. We got a nice sandwich, and they spit it down the middle for us, no charge. A+ :cool:

disguy
04-17-2003, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the info! I plan on going to the Vinyard room for my birthday dinner while I'm down. I wanted something classy for a change. I will try Tratorria in May when I got back. I can't belive how many times I've passed by and picked up the menu and walk right by it "next time" :rolleyes:

Tink
04-17-2003, 06:20 PM
My daughter and I ate there last week for the first time. We ate inside shortly after they opened to get out of the heat - I'm serious it was real warm...last week. The service was fantastic and we received our food quickly.

They start you out with a sourdough roll and butter. My daughter had the soup and sandwich combo - broccoli and cheese soup with a chicken breast on focaccia bread sandwich. She said the soup was excellent. I had pasta with chicken and vegetables topped with a tomato sauce and freshly grated parmesan. It was all very good and the pasta was too much for me to finish. Both of these meals were priced around $9-$10.

The neat thing was when the waitress came out with a big bowl of incredible strawberry ice cream with a biscotti sticking out of it and wished my daughter a happy birthday (she had on her birthday sticker) and said that "it was on the house".

We'll go back for sure:D

tabacco
04-17-2003, 09:40 PM
I've eaten there several times and have been pretty underwhelmed by the food quality, especially for the prices. I've been very happy with the sandwiches they offer (There's an all-veggie one and an all-meat one), but the pasta dishes have been pretty mediocre. I'm told that the Lasagne is actually Stouffers, although I can't verify that. Appetizers and soups aren't usually wthin my budget, so I haven't tried those. As for wine, I don't drink, so again... can't help you. I did try the '98 Glass of Water, though, and recommend it highly ;)

disneydude
04-20-2003, 08:49 PM
At the Vineyard Room, do they have any other beverage choices other than wine?

Not Afraid
04-20-2003, 09:14 PM
Sure. We drink San Pelagrino when we're there. Yum!

MonorailMan
04-20-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Tink
The neat thing was when the waitress came out with a big bowl of incredible strawberry ice cream with a biscotti sticking out of it and wished my daughter a happy birthday (she had on her birthday sticker) and said that "it was on the house".

Hum... :~D