PDA

View Full Version : Could DisneyQuest come to DTD?

SimpTwister
08-05-2001, 01:32 PM
With the closure of DisneyQuest Chicago imminent, do you suppose they'll move its attractions to a new location at Downtown Disney?

It seems to make perfect sense. The Orlando DisneyQuest is successful, Downtown Disney is successful, and - What else would they do with those attractions?

Might as well put 'em to use.

DQ would really improve the whole DL Resort, IMO...

DisneylandKid
08-05-2001, 03:54 PM
Although I've never been to a DisneyQuest, the idea sounds pretty cool. All those virtual rides (Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Space Mountain...)

Gandalf
08-05-2001, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandKid
Although I've never been to a DisneyQuest, the idea sounds pretty cool. All those virtual rides (Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Space Mountain...)
What exactly is Disneyquest?

DisneylandKid
08-05-2001, 04:37 PM
Go to www.disneyquest.com to find out.

Mr D
08-05-2001, 05:01 PM
Why would they bring DisneyQuest to DTD when it needs to be in DCA? If they did bring it to DTD then the more it would subtract from DL and frankly I would like to see less people at DL.

Gandalf
08-05-2001, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Mr D
Why would they bring DisneyQuest to DTD when it needs to be in DCA? If they did bring it to DTD then the more it would subtract from DL and frankly I would like to see less people at DL.
How large an area would be needed to house DisneyQuest (including the queue and the inevitable merchandising)?

Hades
08-05-2001, 09:28 PM
It originally was included in the first concepts of DTD. In fact, it was to be located where y Arriba y Arriba now stands. Appearantly, the poor numbers at the other DisneyQuest locations made the planners nix the idea.:o

pullmyfinger.com
08-06-2001, 04:24 PM
Disneyquest is a horrific, unimaginative, boring attraction that dates very quickly.

DisneyQuest will go the way of Rocket Rods and Flying Saucers.

Imagineers, you can do MUCH better.

Mr D
08-06-2001, 06:49 PM
The Disneyquest in WDW is in a 5 story building with food courts and ALL YOU CAN PLAY for one entry price, no tokens or quarters needed and from what I hear its the rave at WDW, it has design it yourself simulators and rides like POTC and the such, basically a mega mega arcade center Disney style.

DisneylandKid
08-06-2001, 06:52 PM
Doesn't sound so horrific to me.

Mr D
08-06-2001, 07:13 PM
I just added a new thread about DisneyQuest at the WDW foruum about weather it is needed or where it should be built, DL, DCA or at DTD. To be honest its the first place I'm going to when I visit WDW in dec.