PDA

View Full Version : I finally got an AP & went "backstage"

dsnylndmom
04-16-2003, 04:49 PM
I finally got an AP! I got mine Sunday night(it was the ultimate Disneyland day, rode everything we wanted to(except Space of course), wonderful weather, hardly any lines, great seats for MSEP(got a ton of floats to come over to us, my 4 year old LOVED it)and great spot for fireworks(Mom dats' Tinkerbell!!!) My 4 year old rode the Matterhorn for the first time and Loved it and he rode Big Thunder with his arms up the whole time!!

On Monday when we went to Innoventions, there were 2 CM's asking people to "go backstage" which was the VIP Lounge, once there the kids could munch on free cookies and soda's and watch disney flicks while Mom and or Dad filled out a survey. It was a great way to get out of the rain for awhile!

Afterwards we talked to STitch at Innoventions, never done that before and my 4 year old loved it
http://stitch.go.com/StitchFull?id=6b78f6s

Just wanted to share I was sooooo excited!

Oh and we ate at Ariel's Grotto on Saturday and it was excellent! French Onion Soup great, Shrimp Cobb Salad Yummy and lots of fun with the characters!:D

stinkerbell
04-16-2003, 04:56 PM
Wow, sounds like a great time!!! You really did your research and it sounds like it paid off! I'm so happy for you! :)

Thanks for the mini-review of Ariel's, too. Haven't eaten there yet, but we are considering it. Perhaps post a thread? I'd love to hear which characters were there, etc. Thanks! :)

disguy
04-16-2003, 05:13 PM
VIP lounge? since when did they offer this:confused:

Wizard69
04-16-2003, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the mini-review of Ariel's, too. Haven't eaten there yet, but we are considering it. Perhaps post a thread? I'd love to hear which characters were there, etc. Thanks!

I like Ariel's. The meatloaf is great! Also the chocolate cake is really good as well as the peach cobbler for dessert.

You get to pick a salad or soup, main dish, dessert and beverage for around $20. Kids have a separate menu. Plus you get a discount with your AP.

rexfarms
04-16-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by disguy
VIP lounge? since when did they offer this:confused:
Yeah!?:confused:

Oh and as for the Stitch thing, do you get to pick your password? How many leters/numbers is it?

dsnylndmom
04-17-2003, 09:26 AM
There is a VIP Lounge on the left hand side of Innoventions, on Monday there were two CM's standing at the entrance of Innoventions with signs saying "would you like to come backstage" so of course we said yes! The lounge is used for private parties and such, one CM was telling us about a private party Martin Lawerence had recently had there. The lounge has some couches and reclining type of chairs there was a long tape with huge cookies and lots of soda's and waters for us and the kids and the kids watched Monster's Inc/Lilo & Stitch while my SIL filled out a survey about home entertainment systems. After we were done the CM's took us right into Innoventions without having to go through a line.

And they give you a postcard for stitch with the website on it and your password, the password is 7 letters/numbers long.

rexfarms
04-17-2003, 07:09 PM
How often is the backstage area open? It seems like if they have a sign advertising backstage, they are looking for APs.:confused: ;)

dsnylndmom
04-17-2003, 07:22 PM
They didn't have signs out, they had two CM's standing at the entrance of Innoventions with clipboards that had "would you like to come backstage" written on plain white paper with ball point pen. They weren't looking for anyone in particular just anyone over 18 that was interested in doing a survey on home entertainment systems. That was it. It was just such a neat little thing to be able to do something "backstage" something we stumbled upon
:)

rexfarms
04-17-2003, 08:30 PM
Oh I see. Thanks for the answers.