PDA

View Full Version : Guest relations interview advice

lilmissprincess
10-17-2010, 05:12 PM
well tomorrow is my interview for guest relations. currently i am a cast member in outdoor vending and have worked with disneyland for 3 years. if anybody or current cast members could give me any advice for my interview or about the department that would be great!!! also any questions they might ask me during the interview. i am really excited, nervous, and cant wait :) thanks!!!

TRON
10-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Sorry I don't have any advice for you, but good luck!:)

SigalTchelet
10-18-2010, 08:39 AM
well tomorrow is my interview for guest relations. currently i am a cast member in outdoor vending and have worked with disneyland for 3 years. if anybody or current cast members could give me any advice for my interview or about the department that would be great!!! also any questions they might ask me during the interview. i am really excited, nervous, and cant wait :) thanks!!!

Good luck! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you get the job!

Niwel
10-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Speak slow and enunciate. Very important for a job in GR where you talk -- a lot.

Probably come prepared with how you handled a difficult situation in the past and/or how you made a positive out of a negative.

They might toss you a scenario similar to what GR CMs encounter: It's Christmas. The Miller family is visiting from Ohio. Susie was sick the first night and Billy was sick the next -- so tonight is the only night they can see the fireworks. Due to high winds, the fireworks have been canceled.

The Millers come to City Hall hoping you can do something. What will you do?

P.S. Don't forget to Smile!

Good Luck!

DznyKyd
10-18-2010, 12:40 PM
The Millers come to City Hall hoping you can do something. What will you do?

Good Luck!

Okay, I'll bite... what would you (could you) do for the Millers? :eek:
Just wonderin'

Niwel
10-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Okay, I'll bite... what would you (could you) do for the Millers? :eek:
Just wonderin'

First thing is you reassure them that you understand their frustration.

When families come in with a complaint, they will sometimes yell and vent -- it isn't you personally, but you representing.

The official response is I'm sure something they would train you in.

But go with your gut. Will a FastPass or Front of Line pass help?

DznyKyd
10-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Thank you, Niwel... I hope I get someone like you if I have to contact Guest Relations :)

Niwel
10-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Thank you, Niwel... I hope I get someone like you if I have to contact Guest Relations :)

I know some GR CMs --- they are amazing people who care a lot (the good ones do)!