PDA

View Full Version : Anyone but me like Glowfest more than ElecTRONica?

Pages : [1] 2 3

JerrodDRagon
10-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Lets start the thread by saying two things
1) This is not a thread to Bash either Event ElectTRONica or Glwofest, so don't just spam the thread about how one (or both) suck
2) This is a thread asking for the people who LIKED Glowfest more, not a thread for people who don't to say "no, ElecTRONica's themes is better..blah blah blah

So I went to ElecTRONica last night and while the event was fun, had a a cool Tron preview, the Arcade was cool (less than what I expected but not bad) and techno music along with laserman....I just did'nt hav as much fun at the event as Glowfest.

Glowfest for me was a suprise of just fun and dance music. I love hearing Pogo at DCA and other Disney remixes and the event though many will say did not fit the Disney "look" for me it was just fun and I always felt this high engery and loved the music.

Anyone else a bigger fan of Glowfest than ElecTRONica???

cstephens
10-18-2010, 08:28 AM
So you're not looking for intelligent discussions or even just the sharing of opinions, just yes men who will simply say you're right?

Ok.

Hannahbelle
10-18-2010, 10:17 AM
I will let you know my opinion after this weekend. I'm looking forward to it.

I had a surprisingly nice time at Glow fest in July, but the new Tron spoilers have me very curious. It looks great!:D

PlayGirlBunny
10-20-2010, 09:25 PM
Do they sell beer for this one? I know I had many good times at Glowfest and drank alot.

Disneylandfanguy
10-20-2010, 09:33 PM
Do they sell beer for this one?

Yes, they do.

PlayGirlBunny
10-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Yes, they do.

Im so There.

spectromen
10-21-2010, 11:30 AM
Haven't been to elecTRONica yet, but I'm assuming I'll like it better due to the heavy use of blue (pretty soothing color) but will definitely miss the Bollywood dancers.

AVP
10-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Maybe, but I'm not one of them. ElecTRONica is about a billion times better than Glow Fest IMHO.

AVP

cstephens
10-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Im so There.

There are waaaaaaayyyyy cheaper places to go if you just want to drink a lot.

Haven't been to elecTRONica yet, but I'm assuming I'll like it better due to the heavy use of blue (pretty soothing color) but will definitely miss the Bollywood dancers.

There are "Tron" dancers as well. I only got a glimpse of them Saturday night but I want to see more of the show.

Disneylandfanguy
10-21-2010, 12:21 PM
I have to say that I like ElecTRONica better.

shna
10-22-2010, 04:25 PM
I liked GlowFest better. I'll have to give ElecTRONica another go -- perhaps I'll change my mind when I experience the arcade. I miss the motion screens and the bright colors from GlowFest.

I thought the pre-show for ElecTRONica was amazingly lame. The three of us in my little group happened to be at the front of the park two minutes before it started, so we stayed and watched. We were looking at each other, shaking our heads, and laughing. I suppose something that cheesy is somehow fitting in the land of the Mouse. :D

JunJunM3
10-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Will get to experience ElecTRONica on next Thurs meet-up. I should be able to decide then for myself.

Disneylandfanguy
10-22-2010, 08:06 PM
I thought the pre-show for ElecTRONica was amazingly lame. The three of us in my little group happened to be at the front of the park two minutes before it started, so we stayed and watched. We were looking at each other, shaking our heads, and laughing.

Wow...That's really harsh. :| Are you familiar with the original Tron?

Whenever I saw the show everyone seemed to love it.

twindaddy
10-23-2010, 07:39 AM
So you're not looking for intelligent discussions or even just the sharing of opinions, just yes men who will simply say you're right?

Ok.

What she said. Its not often you see a thread that tells you how you are expected to reply. Kinda odd there. Since I never saw Glowfest, I have nothing to compare what I saw last night at Tronfest, but it wasnt really my cup of tea.

Disneylandfanguy
10-23-2010, 08:56 AM

Ok.

Up until now I didn't want to say anything publicly so as not to start anything, but I agree with what ctephens said as well.

Things like Glowfest and ElecTRONica are not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but from what I saw, people seemed to enjoy both of them.

The reason why Glowfest wasen't my cup of tea was because with all of the crazy colors and such, it made me feel like I was stuck in a music video.

The main reason why I like ElecTRONica better is becuase it has more of a Disney theme to it; inspired by the original Tron and Tron Legacy.

twindaddy
10-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Up until now I didn't want to say anything publicly so as not to start anything, but I agree with what ctephens said as well.

Things like Glowfest and ElecTRONica are not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but from what I saw, people seemed to enjoy both of them.

The reason why Glowfest wasen't my cup of tea was because with all of the crazy colors and such, it made me feel like I was stuck in a music video.

The main reason why I like ElecTRONica better is becuase it has more of a Disney theme to it; inspired by the original Tron and Tron Legacy.

Glad I am not the only one. I realize I will not like everything in the park, and I am sure there are many who would rather be shot in the eye than sit through Playhouse Disney (love it!), but when you transform and entire area of the park into a nightclub, you start to get on my nerves.

To Disney's credit, they did it in an area that would be pretty deserted at night, because only MI and Muppets are running over there.

I get the theme of electronica, the tron thing. What was the glowfest theme?

olegc
10-24-2010, 09:53 PM
I get the theme of electronica, the tron thing. What was the glowfest theme?

uh, glow? :|

TowerofTerror
10-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Glowfest was theme to raver kind of music

twindaddy
10-24-2010, 10:07 PM

Thanks for the reply, not my thing but glad to see so many are enjoying it.

The Mouse Is Back
10-25-2010, 09:09 AM
I haven't seen either one, but some people seem to be enjoying them both, or either/or.

My strongest feeling about them (and it's NOT meant to be a flame or start a war) is that unlimited alcohol consumption + Disney = not family-friendly. I'm hoping the unhappy experiences of parents with young children are few, since there's no way to avoid walking through the "party". They've chosen to place it where everyone has to make their way through the crowd.

But maybe that's just me.

Ally

AJDerrick
10-25-2010, 09:14 AM
We went to see the TRON preview, which we liked and thought it worked well in the theater. We checked out the arcade (small, but fun to see the vintage games), glanced at laserman and faught our way upstream.

I'm also not a fan of Disney using alcohol as an event perk, however I do think it's in an area that is easily avoided, especially now that the backlot is blocked from the Tower area and Bugs Land. I guess I'd be impressed if anyone drank enough for a major issue--who would pay for that many expensive drinks with glowing ice cubes?!?

The Mouse Is Back
10-25-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm also not a fan of Disney using alcohol as an event perk, however I do think it's in an area that is easily avoided, especially now that the backlot is blocked from the Tower area and Bugs Land. I guess I'd be impressed if anyone drank enough for a major issue--who would pay for that many expensive drinks with glowing ice cubes?!?

Well, I guess I have to retract part of my comment, then - IIRC, Glowfest was in the main entrance area of DCA, at least that's what the graphics showed. If the new dance party is in the backlot and blocked off, there should be enough security to handle any out of control attendees. Is the music volume at a reasonable enough level that it doesn't overwhelm the rest of the area? (We're going to be at the Parks today through Wednesday and since DL is closing early today and tomorrow, DCA is going to be our backup plan for this evening.)

Ally

shna
10-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Wow...That's really harsh. :| Are you familiar with the original Tron?

Whenever I saw the show everyone seemed to love it.

I never saw the original, but the other people in my party were familiar with it. We went to the film sneak preview -- I think the preview was well-done, but I'm not sure I'll want to see the film.

The thing that really annoyed us about the pre-show was how the MC kept repeating himself. I'm not sure how many times he said "boys and girls," or "beyond the portal," -- but we had had enough after about three repeats of each. It made a little more sense after seeing the sneak preview, but they still could have written the MC's part a little better.

We'll be at the parks again this weekend, & I'm sure we'll venture over there to check it out again. I didn't hate it & wasn't actually railing on it -- I just thought the pre-show was cheesy. As long as the target demographic for the show was enjoying it, I really don't care how cheesy it is.

Besides. Cheesy can be fun.

AJDerrick
10-25-2010, 09:39 AM
I didn't notice the Tron music in the rest of the park. It is pretty loud in the backlot area though.

CariBelle
10-25-2010, 09:46 AM

When we were there it wasn't what I would call rave or techno music, it was a "Dance Mix" of popular songs.

IIRC, Glowfest was in the main entrance area of DCA, at least that's what the graphics showed. If

GlowFest was in the backlot area, there was a pre show in the sunshine plaza area, but that was just to grab attention and then it moved everyone into the backlot.