PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean 4 premiere [confirmed, details on page 5]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

yellowrosedtxn
10-16-2010, 07:13 AM
I did a search and I couldn't find a new thread regarding the Pirates premiere for the fourth movie. Has anyone heard any rumors about it being held at Disneyland? I have several people that would like to attend, but I haven't heard the latest.

Of course that could be because I haven't been on here much lately either, and all that is going to change with my new job! YEA!!!!

Thanks in advance.

disneyland055
10-17-2010, 12:50 PM
am wont to go the permere at disneyland never been to one i ove the pirates

Drince88
10-17-2010, 01:00 PM
The imdb says it's not being released until May 20, 2011, so given that info about Disneyland events aren't released THAT far in advance, I wouldn't expect to see much before AT LEAST the beginning of the year.

yellowrosedtxn
10-18-2010, 10:15 AM
I was just hoping that there was something I could start planning now. I am kind of like that though.

Thanks Cathy!

MissDisney1955
12-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Hello everyone! Questions and any info I can gather for the next Red carpet for POTC 4! I know the movie premiers may 20 does anyone have any info on a red carpet at the park??? thanks for the help :)

TimBuk2
01-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Hello everyone! Questions and any info I can gather for the next Red carpet for POTC 4! I know the movie premiers may 20 does anyone have any info on a red carpet at the park??? thanks for the help :)

I'm local to Disneyland and have just started asking. I've been to the last 3 events. All of them have been 2 weeks (On a Saturday) prior to the movie release May 20. So if that theory still stands, the premiere should be May 7th.

I will continue to ask anyone at the park. I know someone that works in H/R there and they worked security during the events. So they may know something once it's released.

Another thing to continue checking is the online Disneyland Calendar. They only have it setup for about 2 months in advance. But if see a Saturday in May that states Disneyland Park is closing at 6pm, rest assured that will be the day (if they have it again at the park).

Cutthroat Kate
01-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Hi, TimBuk2. For Pirates 3, the premiere was the Saturday before the release of the movie. The date was May 19, 2007---I was there. I also attended the premiere for Pirates 2.

I am hoping that the date will be May 14 this year.

tlsmith50
01-05-2011, 04:49 PM
POTC 3 red carpet and premiere were May 19, 2007. The movie opened the following week. I was at the 3rd red carpet. So much fun! Previous blogs for POTC 1&2 suggested arriving at the park at 4:30 am, as the park opened at 6:30 am. When I arrived thousands of people had arrived and were in line starting at 12:01 am. There was a posting at the D sight about no overniting, so they showed up at 12:01!!! This time I'll be prepared!

yellowrosedtxn
01-06-2011, 10:34 AM
I was there for the second Pirates (on accident) and for the third Pirates (on purpose). So I hope to be there for this one. There are a number of people that want to go with me for this thing, so I HOPE they have it. I can't wait! And if history repeats itself, they should have the premiere on the 14th.

BlkPearlCptn
01-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Also looking forward to seeing if PotC4 will be premiering at DLR. I was at the second one and was fortunate to get to walk the red carpet for the third one. Doubt if I'll be that lucky again, but would love to be there for the fourth.

sparrows luv
01-06-2011, 11:10 AM
I went to the last two and it was so fun! Can't wait to go this year.

misdisney
01-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Hi All,
Four yrs ago I was lucky enough to go to the red carpet premiere of the 3rd Pirates movie at Disneyland. I'm hoping that with the 4th movie coming out in May that Disneyland will host again the premiere. If anyone has any info on this I would love any details. Where, when, etc. thank you so much! :D

amceko
02-17-2011, 10:16 AM
hello everyone,
this is so exciting! i'm planning on going to the 4th premiere in may, but heard it was $1500 a ticket!
is that just for the actual movie? or the red carpet too?
i was hoping to buy a regular park ticket, camp out, and then get a good spot around the carpet on main street.
any thoughts on this?
thanks

yellowrosedtxn
02-17-2011, 11:45 AM
this is so exciting! i'm planning on going to the 4th premiere in may, but heard it was $1500 a ticket! is that just for the actual movie? or the red carpet too?
I haven't heard anything about the possibilities of them even having it here yet, where did you hear about the tickets being that amount? And if it is true, then it would probably be like they did in 2007 where you not only got to walk the red carpet, but you got to see the movie as well. The proceeds went to Make-a-Wish.

any thoughts on this?
We did the red carpet thing in 2007. It was a LONG day/night, but SOOO worth it. I am still waiting to find out IF this is even going to happen here or when. I think that if it does happen, it will be May 14th. The cost would just be the ticket price to get in (unless the above happens and you have an extra $1500 you want to donate). Then you could line Main Street where the fence/red carpet will be.

AVP
02-17-2011, 11:56 AM
I haven't heard anything about the possibilities of them even having it here yet, where did you hear about the tickets being that amount?I've heard extremely strong rumors that point to this happening at Disneyland in May, but Disney has not yet made a formal announcement that I've seen. Keep in mind that if the last two events are any indication, Disney will provide very little information about red carpet viewing options, specifically because they do not want to encourage people to line up. People will do it anyway, but Disney isn't going to want to promote it.

AVP

amceko
02-17-2011, 01:49 PM
hey guys,
i found this info on another forum...

that's just a probability though.
I am going to check the disneyland calendar march 1st (when the may calendar is available) and see if May 14th has an early closing time. This most likely means the premiere is happening that day.

yellowrosedtxn
02-18-2011, 07:02 AM
I hope that they do have it at Disneyland. I want to make travel arrangements as soon as possible. Thanks for the information!

brerbear77
02-21-2011, 06:10 AM
With a Grad Night being on May 12th do you think they would close the park early two nights in one week; one night for grad night and one night for the premiere? I hope we find out soon, really want to make plans! :p

misdisney
02-28-2011, 06:30 AM
:pGetting so excited..... we should know more in a week or soooo:p

yellowrosedtxn
02-28-2011, 07:15 AM
With a Grad Night being on May 12th do you think they would close the park early two nights in one week; one night for grad night and one night for the premiere? I hope we find out soon, really want to make plans! :p

From what I remember of the one four years ago, they didn't close the park down early on Friday, they closed it down early on Saturday. So... If they close it down early on Thursday, they have the next day to have it open late. On Saturday, they won't have Early Entry, but will open the park at 6:00 or 6:30 in the morning. At least that is what they did the last time.

revwog1974
02-28-2011, 02:32 PM
We are going to be there May 6-11 and I'm worried about how much this movie premier is going to mess up our first 2 days in the parks. I'm concerned by the folks who said that people were lining up at midnight. Was that just to get into the park or for something special for the movie? We don't want to go to the movie premier, just have a normal day in the park. Is there any hope that this can happen or will it be a zoo?

yellowrosedtxn
03-01-2011, 10:18 AM
You should have no problems. As long as the premiere is held on May 14th, IF that is when they hold it, you will be long gone. It would only really effect you if you were there the next weekend. Just go and have a wonderful time!

canadasunflower
03-09-2011, 05:54 AM
Al Lutz over at Miceage has posted that the Pirates of the Caribbean 4 movie premiere will take place at Disneyland the second weekend in May (link (http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al022211a.htm))

We will be in the parks May 1-4, and I am wondering how long it takes to set up for the premiere? My big question is, will we be able to see Fantasmic!, or will the ROA be closed to set up? I know that nothing is a given, but what has the experience been in the past?

Thanks!

yellowrosedtxn
03-09-2011, 06:45 AM
We will be in the parks May 1-4, and I am wondering how long it takes to set up for the premiere? My big question is, will we be able to see Fantasmic!, or will the ROA be closed to set up? I know that nothing is a given, but what has the experience been in the past?

Thanks!

This shouldn't affect your vacation at all. They are pretty quick at the set up and take down of this event. Between the time they close on Friday night and open (usually EARLY) in the morning on Saturday, it will be set up for the premiere. Then it will be taken down between Saturday night and the time they would normally open up on Sunday morning.

Hope this helps.

oregontraveler
03-09-2011, 07:51 AM
For the OP, I don't think Fantasmic will be affected that early. But if they end up doing again at ROA, then I would guess the bleacher construction will start around May 7 or 8. I remember seeing pictures from previous updates
of them setting up and having a walkway underneath to get over to HM
and Critter Country.

But if they plan on a different set-up in fronf of the castle or maybe the Disneyland theater, then I don't know how long that'll take.