PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Garden

CPONavyWife
10-15-2010, 10:59 AM
We were talking about our upcoming trip to Disneyland the other night with some friends and the husband mentioned that he had proposed to his wife at Disneyland. He told us the cute story, where he had hid the ring in duffel bag he carried around Disneyland that day and planned to pop the question during the fireworks. My friend, looking for something in the bag found the ring while they were on America Sings. The ride had just ended, he said that since she had found the ring he decided to propose right then. They then ran off and went to this "Japanese Garden" somewhere by the Tomorrow land Sky Buckets??? I never remember a Japanese Garden but my DH claims he does.

Who is right??

Autopia Guy
10-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Japanese Garden? Never heard of that. But all the weddings in the park usually use the rose garden that is to the front left of the castle. Maybe something more like that...?

TRON
10-17-2010, 06:50 PM
I can't remember any Japanese Garden ever in TL nor in DL for that matter. The only thing think I could think of and this maybe a stretch would be the Koi pound at the Waterfalls at the DL Hotel, which are gone now or closed. Unless it they are thinking the old Atlantis water area now where Tinker Bell Pixie Hallows are outside if TL.

CPONavyWife
10-18-2010, 08:22 AM
I never rember this either, and this would have been 25 years ago?? Both my fried and husband were pretty adamant about it beign in tomorrow land.

TRON
10-18-2010, 10:45 AM
I never rember this either, and this would have been 25 years ago?? Both my fried and husband were pretty adamant about it beign in tomorrow land.

Are they smoking anything? Or were they smoking anything 25yrs ago? :)

CPONavyWife
10-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Ha ha! I even looked on Yesterland and no mention of any Japnese Garden although my DH is pretty good on his history, maybe the sun was too hot so both my friend and DH had heatstroke! so I will now need to issue a "challange" and ask for pictures:)

stan4d_steph
10-18-2010, 11:15 AM
I suppose it's possible there was something resembling a Japanese garden there at one point, although it really wouldn't fit in with the Tomorrowland theme. I looked at some vintage photos online and didn't see anything like that.

Greymouse
10-18-2010, 11:49 AM
Maybe they went to the Polynesian Gardens for lunch or dinner. I think it was still there then.

Toocherie
10-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Maybe they went to the Polynesian Gardens for lunch or dinner. I think it was still there then.

Greymouse: where was that? I remember the Tahitian Terrace but not a Polynesian Gardens.