PDA

View Full Version : Tangled Meet & Greet

WITron
10-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Has the Tangled meet & greet opened? If not does anyone know when it is scheduled to open? My daughters are looking forward to it, and we will be there in 2 weeks.

disney42dude
10-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Has the Tangled meet & greet opened? If not does anyone know when it is scheduled to open? My daughters are looking forward to it, and we will be there in 2 weeks.

It opens today! :cool:

olegc
10-15-2010, 12:58 PM
the blog posted photos...

CLICK HERE (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/10/rapunzel-and-flynn-rider-now-greeting-guests-at-disneyland-park/)

houseofmouse
10-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Looks nice. Wonder how long it will be around?

dznyphreak
10-15-2010, 07:31 PM
My guess would be at least through the holidays, if not until the DVD/Blu-Ray is released. How long was the Princess & The Frog meet-and-greet there in NOS? I don't remember.

cstephens
10-16-2010, 08:52 AM
We went by and had a look yesterday. I peeked in and saw Rapunzel. Her dress is very pretty, but her costume has to be so hard to manage. If you look at the link that olegc posted, you'll notice that she's basically tethered by her hair! The CM at the door was telling all guests to be careful not to step on her hair as it would hurt Rapunzel, and to be on her left side, since it's her best side. That's really because her hair cascades down her right side. With how they're doing her costuming, I don't see her ever being able to be in a parade cause they wouldn't be able to account for all her hair unless they specifically built a float for her that incorporated wrapping her hair around the float.

For anyone wanting to see her, do it earlier in the day. We were there in the afternoon and just managed to catch a glimpse cause the location closed at 5pm.

Tinker44
10-16-2010, 11:32 AM
I think it looks perfect... and I rather suspect that her wig has extensions to the floor that are overlapping the set's wig wound all over the walls. The photo seems to show a bit of floor near Flynn's feet where the two wigs are likely supposed to 'meet'.

Very excited to see it live!

olegc
10-16-2010, 02:47 PM
With how they're doing her costuming, I don't see her ever being able to be in a parade cause they wouldn't be able to account for all her hair unless they specifically built a float for her that incorporated wrapping her hair around the float..

or use it as the rope at the end to keep guests back - or better yet sweep Main St. :p

disneyland055
10-16-2010, 03:43 PM
tageld cant meeet tagled chateres

wendygirl
10-17-2010, 11:22 AM
I was there on Friday also and stood in line with my brother for 30 minutes to see them, and let me tell you - it was well worth the wait. She is stunning. The photographs show how pretty she is but frankly she is even prettier in person. Flynn is very good looking and they both stayed very much in character. We really enjoyed it. Later we saw her come out for a break and she was carrying her hair in her arms, kind of like a big hairy dog :)

Voltage888
10-17-2010, 05:37 PM
What are the times for the Tangled meet and greet? We always try to do Fantasyland first, but seem to miss the characters that stroll through there.

Malcon10t
10-17-2010, 08:09 PM
What are the times for the Tangled meet and greet? We always try to do Fantasyland first, but seem to miss the characters that stroll through there.The times were 9am-5pm when we were there this weekend.

AJDerrick
10-18-2010, 06:20 AM
We went by and had a look yesterday. I peeked in and saw Rapunzel. Her dress is very pretty, but her costume has to be so hard to manage. If you look at the link that olegc posted, you'll notice that she's basically tethered by her hair! The CM at the door was telling all guests to be careful not to step on her hair as it would hurt Rapunzel, and to be on her left side, since it's her best side. That's really because her hair cascades down her right side. With how they're doing her costuming, I don't see her ever being able to be in a parade cause they wouldn't be able to account for all her hair unless they specifically built a float for her that incorporated wrapping her hair around the float.

For anyone wanting to see her, do it earlier in the day. We were there in the afternoon and just managed to catch a glimpse cause the location closed at 5pm.

I'm so excited for this movie! I think it's fun the way her hair is tied into the building. I think they could do her in a parade if they had a float/carriage that had her hair incorporated. For the period of time that Giselle was in the Dreams parade in the carriage she had to get in the carriage THEN put the dress on because it was so heavy! I wouldn't be surprised if they figure out a way.

What are the times for the Tangled meet and greet? We always try to do Fantasyland first, but seem to miss the characters that stroll through there.

Since Rapunzel/Flynn have a dedicated area I doubt you'll see them strolling. She'd probably trip kids with her hair! :p

disneyland055
10-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Tangled Meet & Greet