PDA

View Full Version : What's replacing the Maliboomer??

Pages : [1] 2

MusicalMouse
10-13-2010, 03:05 PM
So I've read everything there is to read about the DCA expansion but I'm confused on what is replacing the Maliboomer. Can anyone clarify??

SReagan13
10-13-2010, 03:09 PM
As far as I know, the Maliboomer is making room for a new dining area.

lola2009
10-13-2010, 03:09 PM
I think its going to be a park area. Grass and benches.

TowerofTerror
10-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Nothing they are just gone make it a green park area

MusicalMouse
10-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Nothing they are just gone make it a green park area

Well I always trust Disney and what they do but it's kind of a let down to see an attraction be taken away for a "green park area." However, I never actually road on the Maliboomer and never planned to so I'm not sad to see it go, but I hope they do SOMETHING with the space. That park needs more.

Which brings up an interesting question:

What would you want it replaced with?

Bytebear
10-13-2010, 03:39 PM
I think you could get away with a simple Dumbo/RocketJets type ride. I always thought an Octopus ride based on Ursula from Little Mermaid would be good. Of course I wanted it at the dock between Small World and the Matterhorn, but this location would work too.

One problem DCA has is that the kiddy rides are so spread out. In Disneyland they are pretty much all centered in Fantasyland. A Bug's Land improved this but I always thought Jumping Jellyfish was so far from anything else, it became a chore to get the kid there. I would be happy to see them add several rides for the smaller set scattered around the boardwalk. Maybe even have a simple dark ride or two.

ChurroGirl
10-13-2010, 05:17 PM
<snip>

Maybe even have a simple dark ride or two.

I like the idea of a simple dark ride! What about an UP! dark ride?!
It would be so cool! they could do something like the track for Peter Pan and have it transition into a "car" ride where instead of looking down at things the floor would meet with you or "hover" right beneath you.

disneyland055
10-13-2010, 06:48 PM
i hard theyree were going to put in a simple ride licke the jellfish ride

twindaddy
10-13-2010, 07:46 PM
I like the dumbo-esque ride idea, relatively simple to build, many ideas you could use for theme.

Honestly, anything other than the mailiboomer, even a hut of timeshare salesmen would be preferable.

MadasaHatter
10-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Personally I like the idea of a park there. My pal and I looked at that space last time we were there and it was totally geared for an VERITCAL ride such as Maliboomer. I think a green park area there will be a much needed respite in the PARADISE PIER AREA. Heck, we have CARS LAND opening. I think that is enough! of course....I am mad....

houseofmouse
10-14-2010, 11:09 AM
grass is going there. The poster above is correct. If memory serves, there is a pic on the wall in front of it showing what is coming.

Something that would be good to go there, anything other than grass. :)

Disneylandfanguy
10-14-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm glad that the Maliboomer is closed. It does not fit the new theme for Paradise Pier.

I have no problem with the area being turned into a green park. The Disney park experience is not just about rides, its also about having a nice place to relax.

Vegitabeta
10-15-2010, 03:27 AM
At least if they just put grass there for now, they can maybe develop something amazing and put it there in the future?!

lweigel
10-16-2010, 08:33 AM
i dont know if this is statement is completely right but i thought the reason for the overhaul of DCA is because of the lack of crowds. while a green area would be pretty as well as relaxing, i dont think that would make me spend more time in DCA or stop me from heading straight back to Disneyland. for myself i want to get back to the rides, themes, etc. maybe for the meantime green area is fine, but i would like to see when Cars Land is almost complete something being put in that area. (no boardwalk games though)

MadasaHatter
10-16-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm glad that the Maliboomer is closed. It does not fit the new theme for Paradise Pier.

I have no problem with the area being turned into a green park. The Disney park experience is not just about rides, its also about having a nice place to relax.

I think Disneylandfanguy hit the nail on the head with this statement. The reason no one HANGS OUT in DCA is that there are not areas like this while there are areas like that in Disnelyand. The Town Square, Main St. Porch, The Hub, That little Park by Rancho Zocalo, Tom Sawyer Island, that little park in front of the Train Station by the HM.

With Buena Vista, Street, a bit of Hollywood re-do and that Paradise Pier area it will start to feel MORE like Disneyland. WOC, Little Mermaid, TSMM, Re-do of GOOFY SKY SCHOOL, SSS, CARS LAND, Buena Vista ST. New Carthay THEATRE(is that going to be an attraction???) Red Car Trolley....I mean wow....that is a lot! Of course......i am mad.

Disneylandfanguy
10-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Its also important to note that with all of the fast-paced energy in Paradise Pier, it will be good to have a nice park area to relax in.

twindaddy
10-16-2010, 11:13 PM
How about one of those chair massage places, like you see in the mall? Atleast here in Sacramento ever mall seems to have one....

I would pay after a long day in the park!

Drince88
10-17-2010, 05:58 AM
But will it be a park like place, or a fenced off grass area to look at and for service dogs?

Disneylandfanguy
10-17-2010, 04:05 PM
But will it be a park like place?

I have a feeling that's what it will be like.

Judging from the other recent changes to Paradise Pier, I'm expecting it to be a nicely detailed area, possibly similar to Paradise Park.

Drince88
10-17-2010, 05:11 PM
I'm expecting it to be a nicely detailed area, possibly similar to Paradise Park.
Where is Paradise Park?

I wouldn't think the Mailiboomer area would be large enough for benches and grass and planters and walkways, which is what I think of when I think of a park-like area vs just a grassy area.

houseofmouse
10-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Paradise Park, isn't that where all the benches are in front of the water?

While grass is nice, seriously not a reason to go to DCA or stay longer. There are plenty of places to sit in DCA. It may be pretty and add atmosphere but that in my own opinion is about it.:)

Disneylandfanguy
10-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Paradise Park, isn't that where all the benches are in front of the water?

Yes, that's the place. :cool:

I have to say, we could all be overestimating the term "green". Sure, there may be grass. But its not like that is something new for a Disney park. Any grass areas will probably be in planters, possibly similar to Main Street.

It would certainly help if there were some concept art.

acer
10-18-2010, 09:46 PM
I didn't understand the timing of this though. They should've taken it down AFTER Cars "land" is completed. DCA needs any ride it can get! Plus I don't see how a picnic area fits in with the paradise bay area, but maliboomer doesnt..??

that said i trust Disney will not let me/us down with the new attraction. :D

bennette
10-18-2010, 10:16 PM
But will it be a park like place, or a fenced off grass area to look at and for service dogs?

The picture shows a bench and a fountain/water feature and I *think* a gazebo looking thing (sorry, there are so many signs up in DCA, I got overwhelmed on my last visit). The sign says "We're going green" or something to that effect.

Several of the fab five are relaxing in the park in the picture. Granted, it's just a picture and who knows what will be there eventually but I got more of a sense of a park like place. Which I honestly think is needed down there. There is a definite lack of shady places in that area of DCA.

Now if they could just pull out those dumb games... ;)

Disneylandfanguy
10-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Now if they could just pull out those dumb games...

There is nothing wrong with the new Midway games. They are infinitely better themed than the original boardwalk games, and what's more, there are fewer of them now.

They are all based on classic Disney characters (Except for Bulleye's, but his game is still made to look old-fashioned.) And each one of them has lots of details and moving parts, and unlike the original games, these newer ones offer Disney themed prizes.

In short, they fit in with the period theme that WDI is going for.