PDA

View Full Version : What do they do with the food plants in Tomorrowland?

disneylandgirl
10-11-2010, 09:24 AM
As I was walking through Tomorrowland looking at the rosemary and strawberrie plants, lemon and persimon (spl?) trees, and other edible plants, I got to thinking. What do they do with all the food they grow there? Do they use them for DLR restaraunts? Or sell them? Farmers Market? Donate?

destinationdisney
10-11-2010, 01:14 PM
I've often wondered about that also. Whatever happened to Darkbeer? I bet he would know!!

candles71
10-11-2010, 01:59 PM
I've often wondered about that also. Whatever happened to Darkbeer? I bet he would know!!

He has been MIA since his marriage. I think we have discussed this before, I don't think they do anything with them. There was someone who was given a kumquat and a lemon I think (iirc) when she asked a gardener, she was going to try planting the seeds, I don't think we ever heard the results.

Tinkermommy
10-11-2010, 02:16 PM
There was someone who was given a kumquat and a lemon I think (iirc) when she asked a gardener, she was going to try planting the seeds, I don't think we ever heard the results.

It wasn't me -- I remember that post -- but I was given a little orange. I now have three little Disneyland orange trees. Yay! I also got a little apple, but it only contained one seed. As luck would have it, when I sliced the apple to pull out seeds, I cut right through the one seed. :eyeroll:

I saw grapefruit hanging on the trees last time I was there, and boy, was I hoping one would fall and roll to the fence! Didn't happen.

BlkPearlCptn
10-11-2010, 04:07 PM
When they were first put in there were cast members stationed there to answer questions. They also encouraged guests to "take a taste" of what was growing. I remember taking many "tastes" at the time.

ChurroGirl
10-11-2010, 08:03 PM
My uncle loved the bell peppers that were growing last Oct infront of Autopia!

wiserkisor
10-14-2010, 02:55 AM
We were at Disneyland over the weekend, and there was a persimmon with a bite out of it near a tree, and after we rode the Buzz Lightyear ride, it had disappeared!

disneylandgirl
10-14-2010, 07:22 AM
We were at Disneyland over the weekend, and there was a persimmon with a bite out of it near a tree, and after we rode the Buzz Lightyear ride, it had disappeared!

LOL! :p Someone probably hopped the fence and took it.