PDA

View Full Version : Flynn's Arcade

EchoThree76
10-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Does anyone know how long this will be in place? From looking at the pictures it seams that the facade is a little more permanant then the ElecTRONica sets.

daveywest
10-11-2010, 09:34 AM
At least through December when the movie premieres, but I'd guess it will likely disappear with Electronica after the first of the year.

Bytebear
10-11-2010, 09:54 AM
I hope it stays longer, since our passes just expired and we are not renewing until Jan.

Goodnplenty
10-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Does anyone know how Flynn's Arcade works? Do you need dollar bills or quarters to play the games? Or is it included in your DCA ticket?

GnP :confused:

kiowa
10-11-2010, 10:38 AM
There are bill changers near the front of the arcade, you get 4 tokens for a dollar. Each game cost one token.(not sure about air hockey) All 80's games, I played each one, love them.

I kept a few of the tokens because of the Flynn's Arcade logo on them and the elecTRONica logo on the other side.

kiowa
10-11-2010, 10:38 AM
At least through December when the movie premieres, but I'd guess it will likely disappear with Electronica after the first of the year.

Disney Parks is celebrating “TRON: Legacy” with ElecTRONica, a nighttimestreet event at Disney California Adventure™ Park, featuring a dynamic visual- and music-based experience, a re-creation of Flynn’s Arcade and an opportunity to see a special 3D preview of “TRON: Legacy.” ElecTRONica runs from now until April 2011 every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night and nightly through the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday periods.

Iceman
10-11-2010, 06:53 PM
That's awesome about April!

But I do have to say that I was a bit let down by Flynn's. Sure, they've got a lot of classic games in there but the decor of the place is totally bare-bones. They could have at least put in a minimal effort to make it LOOK like Flynn's, with the same kinds of garish flashing neon as in the arcade in the movie...

JerrodDRagon
10-11-2010, 09:18 PM
They must make a LOT if money from this even since its lasting 6 whole months.....also this confirms that we'll have some sort of Glow Fest this summer.

Bytebear
10-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Having a perminent arcade in DCA would be a good opportunity to close the Starcade and put something else in that space.

Sarah32384
10-11-2010, 10:03 PM
There are bill changers near the front of the arcade, you get 4 tokens for a dollar. Each game cost one token.(not sure about air hockey)

Air hockey was only a quarter too! I heard some guys talking about the mock-up they had at Comic-Con this year. Apparently, in San Diego, when someone beat the high score on the Tron game, the back wall would swivel open and show a 'secret room'. It looks like it's set up for that in DCA but not sure if they went ahead and put the secret room in place. Anyone know?

Disneylandfanguy
10-12-2010, 12:45 AM
That's awesome about April!

But I do have to say that I was a bit let down by Flynn's. Sure, they've got a lot of classic games in there but the decor of the place is totally bare-bones. They could have at least put in a minimal effort to make it LOOK like Flynn's, with the same kinds of garish flashing neon as in the arcade in the movie...

The walls look exactly like the do in the original movie. That is minimal effort.
They may not have all of the neon that the film did, but the most important neon sign is there; the "Home of" sign.

Iceman
10-12-2010, 05:51 AM
OK, maybe I missed it because I had a couple of glow-tinis, but from what I remember the walls were plain white with no decoration whatsoever. And given that my family just watched Tron again yesterday, I paid particular attention to the decorations inside Flynn's. There was a sequenced flying recognizer, the names of several games Flynn had invented, etc...