PDA

View Full Version : New effect on pirates?

daveywest
10-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Today on POTC, I noticed an effect I hadn't seen before. On the shipwreck scene, there were lightning bolts on the backdrop in addition to the traditional strobe that illuminates the whole scene briefly.

The effect is somewhat like the lightning that hits the mirror on TOT - very blue and bright.

TowerofTerror
10-08-2010, 12:53 AM
This effect metioned has been on the ride for awhile

disneylandgirl
10-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Today on POTC, I noticed an effect I hadn't seen before. On the shipwreck scene, there were lightning bolts on the backdrop in addition to the traditional strobe that illuminates the whole scene briefly.

The effect is somewhat like the lightning that hits the mirror on TOT - very blue and bright.

I noticed that when I was there Friday. I haven't been since last December, so this was new to me too.

I also saw a "new" effect on Indy. The first time you see him, he is in front of partly opened doors, and there were a bunch of colored lights coming from behind the door. I'd never noticed that before.

ChrisGlass
10-11-2010, 11:14 AM
I noticed that when I was there Friday. I haven't been since last December, so this was new to me too.

I also saw a "new" effect on Indy. The first time you see him, he is in front of partly opened doors, and there were a bunch of colored lights coming from behind the door. I'd never noticed that before.

If it's Indy, you should be 99% sure, it's not new, it's just been broken.

Although the snake got a new skin.

disneylandgirl
10-11-2010, 12:21 PM
If it's Indy, you should be 99% sure, it's not new, it's just been broken.

Although the snake got a new skin.

LOL I don't think anything had been broken. But I know it does break down a lot. It was just a lighting effect, nothing huge.

CariBelle
10-11-2010, 01:27 PM

That was changed last fall I believe, the animatronic used to have his back to the doors now he is leaning against them and they changed what you see behind the Gates of Doom.

Michael24
10-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Wasn't there also supposed to be a new Indy figure going in at the end of the ride, as you circle back around to the loading area? I remember hearing about it awhile back and that its placement had been delayed, but was wondering if it was in now.

ChrisGlass
10-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Wasn't there also supposed to be a new Indy figure going in at the end of the ride, as you circle back around to the loading area? I remember hearing about it awhile back and that its placement had been delayed, but was wondering if it was in now.

It got put in about 2 weeks ago. Nicer, but nothing major. I still remember there was about 2 months this summer when Mara's eyes ACTUALLY EJECTED SMOKE. That was nice...

Michael24
10-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Is that something that breaks down a lot? I think I've usually seen the smoke whenever I've been on it. It's been awhile since I've noticed anything not working on Indy. I think the last thing was the big snake not moving, but that was probably a couple visits back now.

sjhanksaz
10-14-2010, 06:55 AM

Is this the same door?

I took this video a few years ago. I know his rear is no longer stuck in the door, he leans on it now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7usaU0ep3s

disneylandgirl
10-14-2010, 07:19 AM
Is this the same door?

I took this video a few years ago. I know his rear is no longer stuck in the door, he leans on it now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7usaU0ep3s

Yep, same door. Now it has pretty rainbow colors coming from behind the doors.

ChrisGlass
10-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Is that something that breaks down a lot? I think I've usually seen the smoke whenever I've been on it. It's been awhile since I've noticed anything not working on Indy. I think the last thing was the big snake not moving, but that was probably a couple visits back now.

It's all about luck with what's working.

Nearly every component of the ride regularly malfunctions, but that's because of how intense it is and how much stuff is going on in there.