PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see added to Mickeys Halloween Event in the Future?

Pages : [1] 2 3

JerrodDRagon
10-06-2010, 02:10 AM
As much as many of us would hate to have to spend more to go to Disneyland this event is going no where and I'm sure soon we'll even have Chritmas type events.

So what would you like seen at Future Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party?

Rides Overlays
*Improve Ghost Galaxy's Q to be more creepy

*Matterhorn in the Dark (name speaks for its self)

*Big Thunder Mountain (Halloween Overlay)
Dim the Lights in some area's of the ride
Add more spooky lighten and projections
Add Fog and creepy lightening to the end Drop
Also have new Audio added to the houses at the end of the rid

Columbia Ghost Story's
*Have Fog on the River of America
*Have a Ghost Story be told by either a person or Audio Recording
*If possible have the Burning Cabin Effect turned on (only for this event not all the time)

Haunted Mansion Scary Hours From 10 PM until Closing
Allow CMs to roam the Mansion and Scary you (maybe even have one dressed up in a suit of armor)
It would be nice for a CM to be in the line area too scaring guests in the graveyard.

Shows
Get a real Parade, make a new sound track build a couple of new floats and have the Headless Horse Man lead this new Parade.

In the Fantasyland Theater have one of two shows

Nightmare Before Christmas Live
or
Villains Tonight (from the Disney Cruise Line)

It would also not be a bad Idea to have a Halloween "version" of Comedy show in the Golden House Shoe. OR a Magic Show

Mazes
Yes a crazy idea right Mazes at a Disney Park? Glow Fest was a crazy idea too and it was pretty poplar and hey Disney is a business trying to get as many types of people as it can in its gates.

I have some fun Idea's for some Mazes

1) The Great Mouse Detective, join your favorite detective in finding Professor Ratigan in the creepy streets of London, go into the sewers, through a Toy Factory and finally into his evil lair.

2) Dick Tracey, help Dick Tracey Solve the crime of the century and go though all the gangs hideouts in the dark city of Chicago.

3) Wonderland, enter Tim Burton's version of wonderland. Meet the Mad Hatter and the Red queen and you might even get to see the white Rabbit.

4) Nightmare Before Christmas, you get to tour Halloween Town as a new resident of this town you get to go around and see everything from Jacks house to Oggie's lair.

5) Hades Under World, enter the underworld and get to meet some of your favorite villains and monsters and of course Hades him self.

6) the Black Cauldron, enter a world of danger as you must escape the Horned Kings castle and his army of the undead.

7) Pleasure Island, welcome to Pleasure Island a caravel of color, get ready to enter some sweet smells and see the coolest colors in 3D!!!

Now Remember most of these mazes are just walk through rides not really the same as you would find at Knotts or Universal. The idea behind these are to allow you to "walk on a ride" almost so these mazes are not to scary kids but to be experienced by everyone.
Also these mazes allow Movies that would never get rides to come to life in the park in other ways.

What other things would you like added to this event?

adriennek
10-06-2010, 10:32 AM
MAZES: No. I don't think Disneyland needs them, they'd take up space away from day guests. What's going to happen to the mazes during the day? Or will they have to set them up and take them down for each event? Nope, don't need them.

What I'd like added:

The grave diggers from the WDW MNSSHP parade!!!!!!

(Hi, Joe!)

Adrienne

olegc
10-06-2010, 11:08 AM
what I agree with is a show in the fantasyland theater (although I think the idea is they want folks to trick or treat and move around). A more thorough parade like MNSSHP.

I don't think things need to be more creepy. That's not Disney's style. it supposed to be fun-spooky but that's it. That creepy stuff is left to everyone else.

and I agree about not having the mazes. Sounds cool - but unless they plan to put this party back at DCA and leave them up during the entire halloween period I doubt you will see them. They day guests would create a complaint line at City Hall so long it would rival the 2000 Pirates event line (whew!).

JerrodDRagon
10-06-2010, 11:22 AM
^there is space, Behind Splash Mountain, Main Streets "second" road, and The Festivals of fools area. I already now most of the Disney Fans would say no Mazes, but I'll bet a lot that they would be huge hits if they were marketed as walk though rides.
As for Disney and creepy, the old movies (the classic's) had stuff that scared kids, and also Ghost Galaxy gets HUGE lines and its because its a little Creepy.

Nikara
10-06-2010, 11:28 AM
There was plenty of fog on the river last night. They are piping it out of different place. They already have that effect. I'll post pictures in a trip report later.

Wombat66
10-06-2010, 11:59 AM
I'd love to see the Headless Horseman riding around. Or if not that, then perhaps a Headless Horseman stage show, including the throwing of the flaming jack-o-lantern!

SigalTchelet
10-06-2010, 01:24 PM
I'd love to see the Headless Horseman riding around. Or if not that, then perhaps a Headless Horseman stage show, including the throwing of the flaming jack-o-lantern!

Both sound very inappropriate for Disneyland imo.

Wombat66
10-06-2010, 01:31 PM

They do it at Walt Disney World...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx5hhEGOGvI

cheshirecatgirl
10-06-2010, 01:50 PM
All I want to see is the full Boo to You parade added! That parade is the best! And yes, the Headless Horseman rides by at the beginning, and it is cool!

olegc
10-06-2010, 01:50 PM
^there is space, Behind Splash Mountain, Main Streets "second" road, and The Festivals of fools area. I already now most of the Disney Fans would say no Mazes, but I'll bet a lot that they would be huge hits if they were marketed as walk though rides.
As for Disney and creepy, the old movies (the classic's) had stuff that scared kids, and also Ghost Galaxy gets HUGE lines and its because its a little Creepy.

just as an fyi - that second road I believe is only used for overflow crowd control - since it is backstage and they only want it to be used temporarily. Even if they did build something - my guess would be that anything deemed backstage would not be part of any plan.

GG has huge lines because its different and not here all the time. I like it - but i also don't see the smallest of children on that ride - which would be frightened by creepy. Remember - enjoyment for the entire family together... that's the point of Walt's park..

CariBelle
10-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Eh if that had that much stuff going on I would be put off because I know I probably couldn't get it all done during one party. I think they have a good balance now.
I would like a Halloween parade, but I assume they just do a short cavalcade so that it keeps people moving and not sitting curbs waiting for a parade.

cheshirecatgirl
10-06-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure about the whole keep people moving theory, but at WDW's parties, people don't start lining up for the parade until 20-30 minutes prior. The crowds are so low, you can find a good spot right beforehand. Same with the fireworks. I am looking forward to seeing how DL's party compares!

Nikara
10-06-2010, 02:17 PM
I got perfect seats for the fireworks 20 minutes before the show, and could have walked up and gotten a perfect, front row view of the parade. Definitely a nice part about the party- not having to wait for anything.

BlkPearlCptn
10-06-2010, 02:20 PM
I would like to see the Halloween parade from WDW here. From the Youtube videos I've seen, it looks awesome!

bennette
10-06-2010, 02:25 PM
GG has huge lines because its different and not here all the time. I like it - but i also don't see the smallest of children on that ride - which would be frightened by creepy.

We saw a little girl (5?) coming off Ghost Galaxy Monday. She was absolutely hysterical. I'm not sure her parents realized how scary it would be. I know there are some younger kids who enjoy the faster rides but I just can't see this one being appropriate for most. My husband and I both felt bad for her.

bennette
10-06-2010, 02:33 PM
I personally am happy hearing that the candy giveaway seems to have improved over last year (Candy top off station? Yes, please!). I know it's silly but for what we paid last year, receiving one piece of Starburst candy at a treat station seemed a little cheap. (Yes, I know, I could buy a whole lotta candy for what my ticket cost but I like trick or treating and as any trick or treater could tell you, one Starburst is chintzy!)

I wasn't happy with the price increase and the limitation of fireworks to TOT paid guests but the idea of getting through the park easily AND getting a good seat for fireworks is sounding more attractive.

I'm all for a better parade or a really good show. We like to see the different characters but it's not a huge draw for us.

If I want creepy, I have PLENTY of alternatives, thank you!

3Princesses1Prince
10-06-2010, 03:00 PM
I would like to see the Halloween parade from WDW here. From the Youtube videos I've seen, it looks awesome!

Absolutely!!!

Also, I'd like to see characters roaming. I know it was hard at DCA with the construction constraints, but there is enough room at DL to have characters somewhere besides meet n greets...in fact I'd like to see more roaming characters all the time.

cstephens
10-06-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm all for a better parade or a really good show.

I would take the Halloween party cavalcade over the current not-a-parade any day of the week, and twice on Sundays, whatever that means.

adriennek
10-06-2010, 03:30 PM

1- The space backstage is needed for... backstage. "Behind Space Mountain" gets used for transporting supplies (and parade floats) backstage. What will they do for the entire month of October if they can't get to that space? What about fire regulations? There's a reason that space isn't otherwise used.

2- What bennette said about Ghost Galaxy. They already make Ghost Galaxy which is too scary for kids. Haunted Mansion Holiday is borderline. Why take away more attractions for a month from children? Disneyland IS a family park.

LOVED LOVED LOVED the Headless Horseman at WDW's MNSSHP. That was awesome. We were standing at the hub, facing frontierland/Liberty Square and saw him as he came out onto Main Street. It was really really cool.

I don't need him throwing a flaming jack-o'lantern but the ride through was very cool.

Adrienn

bennette
10-06-2010, 03:35 PM
I would take the Halloween party cavalcade over the current not-a-parade any day of the week, and twice on Sundays, whatever that means.

Practically goes without saying! :)

I might even pay a super-duper upgrade to ensure I would not be subjected to the not-a-parade on my visits.

disneyland055
10-06-2010, 03:48 PM
i haft to say in i disagree with this cuz disneyland is for kids plus the mazes blong a knots berry fram universal stuibios and six flages disneyland has no room to mazes i do licke idea of a show in fsatlyland thuretre i was ackly thinking of turning california screemen in to a villen coster for haloowoeen make spockey and a parde in dca for halloween

Malcon10t
10-06-2010, 04:45 PM
As for Disney and creepy, the old movies (the classic's) had stuff that scared kids, and also Ghost Galaxy gets HUGE lines and its because its a little Creepy.I will disagree. I prefer the less scary part. We actually avoided Ghostly Galaxy. MDM rode it to check it out for our family, and felt it was not appropriate for my 4-9yo niece and nephews. I enjoy being able to take them someplace where we can all enjoy.

Disney has set themselves apart from Knott's by having a more family oriented event.

And I will agree with "No mazes."

I understand teens like mazes and being scared out of their wits, lines are long for the haunted houses in the local area (my son plays a chainsaw massacre type guy in one of the big ones here), but it doesn't always work for families. I enjoy being able to take the family to Disneyland for a fun Halloween.

bennette
10-06-2010, 05:04 PM
I understand teens like mazes and being scared out of their wits, lines are long for the haunted houses in the local area (my son plays a chainsaw massacre type guy in one of the big ones here), but it doesn't always work for families. I enjoy being able to take the family to Disneyland for a fun Halloween.

Some little ones get scared just by fog; anything associated with scary really. (We run a fog machine at Halloween and have sound effects; when we see anyone coming up the walk who appears to be under three, we "cut" the stronger effects until we can see how they are reacting to everything else.) Disney sells this as a family event and most people seem to be happy with that approach.

I think it's fair to say that what passed as appropriate for children in the early Disney movies wouldn't pass now. I still can't watch Dumbo, for Pete's sake, and I'm grown! Let's not even bring up Bambi.

Lilo143stitch
10-06-2010, 05:21 PM
I like some of your ideas for making it better! Shoot for the price people are paying i hope they would expect more.

twindaddy
10-06-2010, 07:20 PM
If I ever make a mouseplanet drinking game, for sure you will have to take a drink everytime Jerrod says something about mazes. NO MAZES AT DISNEYLAND! NO NO NO.

If I want mazes, I know where to go, and its NOT disney.

How about some train robbers or something halloween related on the train? Now there is an idea....