PDA

View Full Version : disneyland vs disneyworld

Pages : [1] 2 3

disneyland055
10-01-2010, 09:46 PM
sice most of us on this from live close to disneyland i wont to see if you perfer disneyland or disneyworld i think disneyworld is not my fav park cuz i think the mk is backwords disneyland and wishes is not as good as rember dreams come the oly thing i fond exided was epoct grate fireworks show imaltinoms frieworks

The old man
10-02-2010, 05:37 AM
May I suggest working that key marked, "shift." Also you might want to engage the services of a spell-checker--one is provided right in the forum.

Or could your poor grammar and spelling be deliberate? Or do your deep thoughts just explode onto the page?

Yes, I'm aware I'm attacking the poster and not the message, I'll take the moderator hit, but I can't respond to mess of words on a page.

TRON
10-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Well after trying to decipher the ordinal post, if I understand it correctly then here is my answer.

I think MK and DL are both equal, why I say that……….because they both offer the same rides and basic layout. However they both have unique differences that I like too, for example DL has rides that MK does not have like Matterhorn, Alice in Wonderland, Storybook, Mr. Toads and Pinocchio. MK has rides that DL does not have such as TTA, Stiches Attack and Mickey’ Silly Symphony and most of their rides especially in Fantasyland are longer and tell the story better.

Yes WDW has more parks and offer a few more rides than what we have at DLR/DCA.

I know I won’t be too popular by saying that I was not really all that impressed with Epcot. It was nice and I had a good time their but I think my problem was when I was going to WDW for the 1st time all the people that knew I was going that already had been there once before gave me the low-down. They all said the same thing that I will just love Epcot it was the best place out of all of the parks and I will want to spend most of my days there. I was really excited and could not wait to see Epcot, once I was there I felt this big let down while walking around the park and could only wonder to myself why did everyone say this was the best out of all the Disney parks here. Needless to say I only spent 1 day there out of 10 days at WDW, I guess the main reason I was not all that impressed with it was because I have already been to all those countries so to only see a corner of a country did not blow me away with amazement. Although now in retrospect I wouldn’t mind going back to get some of the local cuisine offered…….so maybe now I get it, not sure.:confused:

I think even though DLR is smaller and is only 2 parks it offers a lot packed into a smaller area, besides you can visit both parks and hit all the rides in 1 day if you go at the right time of the year. I don’t think you can do that at WDW.

I wish we could get the Aerosmith Rockin Rollercoaster and the Great Movie Ride at DCA

So to summarize, if that is possible, I think they are equal in my book. Both offering the same thing yet something different too.

disneyland055
10-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Well after trying to decipher the ordinal post, if I understand it correctly then here is my answer.

I think MK and DL are both equal, why I say that……….because they both offer the same rides and basic layout. However they both have unique differences that I like too, for example DL has rides that MK does not have like Matterhorn, Alice in Wonderland, Storybook, Mr. Toads and Pinocchio. MK has rides that DL does not have such as TTA, Stiches Attack and Mickey’ Silly Symphony and most of their rides especially in Fantasyland are longer and tell the story better.

Yes WDW has more parks and offer a few more rides than what we have at DLR/DCA.

I know I won’t be too popular by saying that I was not really all that impressed with Epcot. It was nice and I had a good time their but I think my problem was when I was going to WDW for the 1st time all the people that knew I was going that already had been there once before gave me the low-down. They all said the same thing that I will just love Epcot it was the best place out of all of the parks and I will want to spend most of my days there. I was really excited and could not wait to see Epcot, once I was there I felt this big let down while walking around the park and could only wonder to myself why did everyone say this was the best out of all the Disney parks here. Needless to say I only spent 1 day there out of 10 days at WDW, I guess the main reason I was not all that impressed with it was because I have already been to all those countries so to only see a corner of a country did not blow me away with amazement. Although now in retrospect I wouldn’t mind going back to get some of the local cuisine offered…….so maybe now I get it, not sure.:confused:

I think even though DLR is smaller and is only 2 parks it offers a lot packed into a smaller area, besides you can visit both parks and hit all the rides in 1 day if you go at the right time of the year. I don’t think you can do that at WDW.

I wish we could get the Aerosmith Rockin Rollercoaster and the Great Movie Ride at DCA

So to summarize, if that is possible, I think they are equal in my book. Both offering the same thing yet something different too.ackly i had that same propbrom with amamail kingdom they oly thing ackely got to licke epoc was the fireworks show that they do immlatisons refcittion of erath

Karin
10-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Deleted by poster.

The old man
10-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Deleted by poster.
I don't blame you.

potzbie
10-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Unreadable text.

Nadsat has arrived to MousePlanet.
(See "A Clockwork Orange" by Anthony Burgess.) :confused:

Or Orwellian "Newspeak". :confused: :confused:

SigalTchelet
10-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Unreadable text.

Nadsat has arrived to MousePlanet.
(See "A Clockwork Orange" by Anthony Burgess.) :confused:

Or Orwellian "Newspeak". :confused: :confused:

If you really try you can decipher it. PM me me if you want to know more.

CMHusband
10-02-2010, 03:58 PM
The thing I like about Disneyland is its the original. Walt lived and worked there. Historically, its a national treasure. All of the other parks are excellent duplicates but there is only ONE Disneyland.

3Princesses1Prince
10-02-2010, 05:22 PM
If you really try you can decipher it. PM me me if you want to know more.

I got most of it but one word....

I've never been to WDW, but plan to go next year. We are planning a 2 week trip and 2 days per park except DHS plus the MNSSHP, one day at IOA and plenty of pool/water park time. If we want more park time we will add it to our tickets once we are there.

disneyland055
10-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Y

I've never been to WDW, but plan to go next year. We are planning a 2 week trip and 2 days per park except DHS plus the MNSSHP, one day at IOA and plenty of pool/water park time. If we want more park time we will add it to our tickets once we are there. recommend you sign up for when u wish upon a tour with bret doge he is a Disney expert I believe the tour is $50 I for got how much they Are

disneyland055
10-02-2010, 08:44 PM

I've never been to WDW, but plan to go next year. We are planning a 2 week trip and 2 days per park except DHS plus the MNSSHP, one day at IOA and plenty of pool/water park time. If we want more park time we will add it to our tickets once we are there. i recomond u boock a when u wish upon a tour with bret doge here http://www.fromscreentotheme.com/When_you_wish_upon_a_tour.aspx

SigalTchelet
10-02-2010, 08:47 PM
The thing I like about Disneyland is its the original. Walt lived and worked there. Historically, its a national treasure. All of the other parks are excellent duplicates but there is only ONE Disneyland.

I DEFINITELY agree with you on this!

The old man
10-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Deleted by poster

nbaum
10-03-2010, 12:28 AM
I ... What? It's just ... Wow. Anyway, I think it's really hard to compare the two, especially being so close to DL. DL is like home to me, I grew up going there, and now that we are AP, we go about once a month.

gotchalk
10-03-2010, 07:22 AM
In Florida, I love EPCOT for the food and my favorite park is Animal Kingdom!

carolinakid
10-03-2010, 11:20 AM
I love both but I go to WDW more often, not so much because it's closer to me, but with 4 parks, there's more to do....I can't wait to go back to DL though, when the DCA re-do is complete!

Disneylandfanguy
10-03-2010, 11:59 AM
I have to say that I love Disneyland the best.

WDW is fun, I've been there.
But the thing that I can't stand is that there are so many people out there who seem to have a superiority complex about WDW, and they insult DL to no end.
Disneyland is the original Disney theme park and the only one that Walt got to walk in and enjoy. The park has a very rich history. Disneyland deserves respect, not ridicule.

Bigger does not necessarily mean better. Sometimes its a matter of quality vs quantity.

Also, I recently found out that Walt initially had no interest in creating Magic Kingdom in Florida. He felt that there should only be one Disneyland. His big idea for the Florida project was EPCOT, but the board of directors would not give him permission until he agreed to built MK first.

More info about this at the following independent site about the history of ECPOT;
http://sites.google.com/site/theoriginalepcot/the-florida-project

Now, I'm only pointing this put because it shows that Walt had a great love for Disneyland and did not want to make a "sequel" to it, and it makes me appreciate the original park all the more.

DisneyIndy
10-03-2010, 03:07 PM

I agree. Disneyland is the original. For me it's the best, even though I've never been to Disneyworld. I've been going to Disneyland since I was small. :)

Rockchalker
10-03-2010, 03:43 PM
I love both parks. I could sit on Main Street in either park and contently people watch all day long. And a Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Bar tastes the same to me at both parks! :)

However, my brother just got back from WDW and sadly reported that he could not find a single churros in the MK. I hope it was a fluke!

One thing that I have noticed, after reviewing my pictures from both parks, the face characters at Disneyland are, well, more attractive.

houseofmouse
10-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Haha, totally true Rockchalker, about the face characters! I wonder why that is?
For me personally, for a big vacation WDW wins hands down. There is so much to do see and do in the parks and outside the parks. Florida's downtown disney is much better than Anaheims. Yes I know DL worked with the space they had. We got to DL each summer and maybe one or more times throughout the year depending on money but I love love love WDW! :)

Please do not blast the original poster for his spelling until you know the whole story.

mousecanuck
10-03-2010, 04:27 PM
One thing that I have noticed, after reviewing my pictures from both parks, the face characters at Disneyland are, well, more attractive. - out of work actors/actresses maybe?

Anyhow, we're aiming for WDW, totally stoked, but having been to DL a few times and now planning for WDW, DL wins - much simpler and easier to manuever and plan for (sheesh - you just walk a little and you're wherever you want to be!) WDW has drained DH & I a few nights trying to figure out logistics for dinners (we're doing Disney Dining) whereas at DL, we pick a hotel/motel right near the gates (5 - 10 minutes walking max), make a reservation or two for Downtown Disney or one of the hotel restaurants (Mimi's...) and just go with it, hop back & forth between parks/DD/hotel/etc. and it's just so easy peasy!!! Did a trip that included Universal, Sea World, Zoo & Legoland previously and it was still peanuts vs. WDW planning, and we're staying on property just for transportation's sake (couple of other perks but this was the big one), which isn't even an issue at DL!!!

Still really looking forward to our WDW trip, though :D

disneyland055
10-03-2010, 09:39 PM
ive been to disneyworld and am i licke disneyland better cuz i been going to disneyland ever sice i was kid and i went to disneyworld for high school diddt find the mk that imprimpices all i found about wdw was the stuidios and epoct mk felt licke walking to a backwords disneyland

FantasmicFan82
10-03-2010, 11:31 PM
DL. As said before, the original. And it's closer, it's just easier to get to.

DL055, please take some time to spell better. It's bad.

SigalTchelet
10-04-2010, 04:11 AM
Haha, totally true Rockchalker, about the face characters! I wonder why that is?
For me personally, for a big vacation WDW wins hands down. There is so much to do see and do in the parks and outside the parks. Florida's downtown disney is much better than Anaheims. Yes I know DL worked with the space they had. We got to DL each summer and maybe one or more times throughout the year depending on money but I love love love WDW! :)

Please do not blast the original poster for his spelling until you know the whole story.

Thank you. I agree with that.