PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - Merchandise Special Event

AVP
04-14-2003, 12:44 PM
Received from Disneyland Merchandise Special Events:

Join us for a swashbuckling movie experience
as we celebrate the release of the film
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Wednesday, July 9, 2003
Disneyland Resort

From producer Jerry Bruckheimer comes the rollicking live-action adventure "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl," starring Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush, and Orlando Bloom, directed by Gore Verbinski. Join these valiant heroes as they clash mightily with the invincible pirates of the Caribbean and attempt to reverse an ancient curse.

Event Package A

One (1) Night at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel(7/9/03)*
One (1) Breakfast Voucher valid at select restaurants of the Disneyland Resort Hotels
Sumptuous Southern Supper at the Blue Bayou Restaurant (7/9/03) **
One (1) Admission ticket for an evening showing of the film "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" at the Disneyland Resort (7/9/03)
Panel Discussion w/creators of the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction (7/9/03)
Opportunity to Pre-Purchase Limited-Edition Merchandise
Commemorative Photo Opportunity
Commemorative Gift

Event Package A is limited to 50 Guests and will be offered for $495, per person.

No discounts will be offered in conjunction with this package.

*Standard accommodations; one person per room. Couples purchasing Event Package "A" will be offered a second night hotel accommodation (consecutive to the first night) in a standard room/double occupancy at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel® in lieu of two rooms for one night. Subject to availability. Hotel stay as part of this event is an additional bonus and has no monetary value. The hotel stay is non-refundable, non-transferable and is forfeited if not used in conjunction with the Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Experience Event.

**Please note we will be hosting TWO (2) Sumptuous Southern Suppers.

The only difference between the two experiences is the time of the dinner seating.

Separate admission is required to enter Disneyland Resort Theme Parks.

Click here (http://register.go.com/disney/eventservices/loginEvents?appRedirect=http://www.disneygallery.com) to sign up for the Merchandise Special Event Club.
Click here (http://register.go.com/disney/eventservices/loginEvents?appRedirect=http://www.disneygallery.com) on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 at 10:00 a.m. PDT to register for Event Package A

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Package B

Sumptuous Southern Supper at the Blue Bayou Restaurant (7/9/03) *
One (1) Admission ticket for an evening showing of the film "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" at the Disneyland Resort (7/9/03)
Panel Discussion w/creators of the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction (7/9/03)
Commemorative Photo Opportunity.
Commemorative Gift

Event Package B is limited to 350 Guests and will be offered for $195, per person.

**Please note we will be hosting TWO (2) Sumptuous Southern Suppers.

The only difference between the two experiences is the time of the dinner seating.

Click here (http://register.go.com/disney/eventservices/loginEvents?appRedirect=http://www.disneygallery.com) to sign up for the Merchandise Special Event Club.
Click here (http://register.go.com/disney/eventservices/loginEvents?appRedirect=http://www.disneygallery.com) on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 at 10:00 a.m. PDT to register for Event Package B

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Package C

Commemorative Photo Opportunity
Commemorative Gift

Event Package C is limited to 450 Guests and will be offered for $55, per person.

Click here (http://register.go.com/disney/eventservices/loginEvents?appRedirect=http://www.disneygallery.com) on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 at 10:00 a.m. PDT to register for Event Package C

Prepare to be blown out of the water.

Reservations for the Pirates of the Caribbean Event will be accepted only via www.DisneyGallery.com beginning Wednesday, April 23, 2003 at 10:00 a.m. PDT.

If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact Walt Disney Event Services at 866.247.1203 or via e-mail at WDW.Event.Reservations@Disney.com .

Event information subject to change without notice.

In addition, please visit the Pirates of the Caribbean Exhibition on display in The Disney Gallery, New Orleans Square through September 7, 2003.

DJ_MENTOS
04-14-2003, 01:20 PM
Ok, this is my question: The movie is released that same day, July 9th. So what is the big deal about seeing it at D-Land? Are there going to be special activities? Where will they show the film? (Fantasyland theater, Rivers of America?)

BTW, I'm not opposed to this idea. I am contemplating EVENT C. I just want to make sure that it will be worth it.

Disneyphile
04-14-2003, 05:54 PM
Ok, if my elf is going to be there, I'll definitely jump in on this deal. But, only if Orlando's going to be there. :D $55 is a little steep just to see a movie on it's opening night. I want my elf, darn it!

Woodpecker Planet
04-14-2003, 07:09 PM
If my sexy Tomboy Beanpole will be there, I will be prepared to pay...one thousand dollars! But only for the Beanpole Tomboy (aka Keira Knightley). But it sounds like it's just going to be the elderly Imagineers there. Five Hundred dollar to talk to an Imagineer?

Darkbeer
04-14-2003, 08:05 PM
Well, I would be a bit leary until the announce the exact location, what are they promising now?

Well, we can easily presume that they won't leave up the bleachers along the Rivers of America, so they have to come up with another place in the resort, that holds about 900 people... Now, they could have two showings, or use two theaters...

It looks like the Hyperion will not be used, since they would have sold more tickets to the event.

So, what other place in the resort is designed for showing movies, well, the AMC theaters of course...

The same place they had special Lilo and Stitch showings opening day.

Also note that they are saying "Separate admission is required to enter Disneyland Resort Theme Parks. ", which to me implies that the showing will not be held inside the park itself, and if you want to attend the park before/after the premiere, well, that is a different ticket.

Now, I HAVE NO IDEA where they movie will actually be shown, but based on the wording, I would be asking someone where the exact location is before paying my money.

AVP
04-15-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
Now, I HAVE NO IDEA where they movie will actually be shown, but based on the wording, I would be asking someone where the exact location is before paying my money.
I asked that exact question yesterday - here was the reply:

"the movie will not be screened inside Disneyland park."

I'll leave it to someone else to interpret that - but I think Darkbeer is correct.

AVP

bluebayou
04-15-2003, 08:42 AM
I have been looking at the responses on this thread and it truly saddens me. This will be a cool event. So what if the picture is shown at the movie theater in downtown disney. I realize 195.00/ person seems like a lot but look at it this way. When you go to the Haunted Mansion Holiday event - you get all the same things as you do for this one: dinner, panel discussion, ride thru on the mansion, merchandise buying opportunity and free gifts. For this event they substituted the ride thru with a showing of the movie. My point is - we have all gone on the mansion numerous times - so why all the excitement that night? Two days after the event - it is "open to the public" and they didn't have to pay the 200/dinner price. You are paying for the experience - not the movie or the ride thru. Personally - I have had an excellent time at each event I have gone to. I am sure I will have a great time at this one also as will most people who chose to go. Hope to see some of my past fellow advisory council members there!

DwoernAdale
04-15-2003, 01:31 PM
Is this event in addition to the one planned for the weekend of June 29th? Or did they simply change the date?

~DW

Darkbeer
04-15-2003, 02:44 PM
What is being discussed in this thread is an event being held by the Disneyland Merchandising folks, and is for the public (at the price requested).

This event was orginally scheduled for Sunday, June 29th, but was switched to the same day as the public premiere.

The special VIP only movie premiere is still being held June 27th and 28th at Disneyland, using the Rivers of America as the screening area.

lilblckrncloud
04-15-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by bluebayou
I have been looking at the responses on this thread and it truly saddens me. This will be a cool event. So what if the picture is shown at the movie theater in downtown disney. I realize 195.00/ person seems like a lot but look at it this way. When you go to the Haunted Mansion Holiday event - you get all the same things as you do for this one: dinner, panel discussion, ride thru on the mansion, merchandise buying opportunity and free gifts. For this event they substituted the ride thru with a showing of the movie. My point is - we have all gone on the mansion numerous times - so why all the excitement that night? Two days after the event - it is "open to the public" and they didn't have to pay the 200/dinner price. You are paying for the experience - not the movie or the ride thru. Personally - I have had an excellent time at each event I have gone to. I am sure I will have a great time at this one also as will most people who chose to go. Hope to see some of my past fellow advisory council members there! While the two higher priced packages may be worth the money, the lower one definitely doesn't excite me. I was thinking about attending that, but if it is just going to be a glorified trip to the AMC I am not interested in wasting $55. That "experience" isn't really too enticing. Whatever the "photo op" and "commemorative gift" are couldn't possibly be worth that much either. What a bummer. I'll just pay my $10 to see the movie with the regular folk and spend that other $45 to go out to a nice dinner with my friends afterward! :D

lilblckrncloud
04-21-2003, 05:26 PM
One more comment: I just got an email from Disney Event Services advertising the event. The subject line is "Pirates of the Caribbean: Sneak Preview Event!"

This leaves me wondering, how exactly do they consider this a "Sneak Preview" when it is scheduled for the same day the movie opens in wide release? :confused: It may be a sneak preview of the merchandise, but not of the movie itself.

KarenW2
04-22-2003, 10:28 AM
I wrote them an email, asking where the movie and panel discussion would take place, whether in Disneyland or at one of the AMC theatres. Here is the response I received on 4-18:

"The location of the screening and the panel discussion have not yet been confirmed. As soon as they are we will make sure that information is on the web site. If you have any other questions please let us know. Thanks!"

I got the same email about the event yesterday and as of just now, they have NOT updated the site, with info as to where the location of the discussion and movie would be held. :(

lilblckrncloud
04-22-2003, 10:37 AM
My friend called the event hotline this morning, and the person she spoke to basically told her that you have to register first and then they will give you all of the details later (time/location). That just seems so ridiculous to me. This isn't some secret rave! How can they expect people to shell out that much money without giving all the details? It will be interesting to see if they sell many tickets with that kind of attitude.

KarenW2
04-22-2003, 10:56 AM
In my same email to them, I asked them about the menu for the "Supper", as I have food allergies and certain things, like spicey foods that I can not eat. I told them we were trying to decide which package we wanted, but needed to know about the menu and whether or not substitutions could be made. This was their reply:

"When guests sign up for an A or B package they are sent a banquet seating form so they can mark down who they would like to sit with and also if they have any dietary restrictions. We would definitely make sure that you had a dinner that worked within your restrictions."

This still doesn't give me an idea of what will be served, but I hope they are accomodating when it comes to my needs on this.

Seems like they sure don't want to give out very much info ahead of time, so folks can make easier decisions.

FabShelly
04-22-2003, 11:08 AM
I was having some temporary sensitivities to foods with gluten and milk in them last year, and they made sure that my dinner at the Haunted Mansion Holiday event was absolutely wonderful - the chef came out to check on me. I didn't feel deprived at all, in fact, I got some longing looks from my tablemates!

Fab

cstephens
04-22-2003, 11:24 AM
When I first heard about the event, I considered going. After hearing more details, and not being that enthusiastic about the film itself, I think we're gonna pass, unless my husband really wants to go for some reason. I'll wait for the El Capitan.